Game needs difficulty settings

You are playing a weak boy and not suppose to beat everything. You are not a Rambo. Take it safe. Feel the challange, the life that ages was not easy at all. Do not fight if you can’t win. Collect money and buy the best gear. Train and be prepared.

The difficulty is fine. YOu ust need to make it safe and spend time to prepare like you will do in real life.

Will you fight 2 bastards with a rotten sword in real life? No, you will get some money, get some gear, make yourself tanky, trains skills etc. RPG is not about fighting with a naked character but about building and developing.

I am sure at the end you will be so tanky it will be boring.

I DO like the old games: There was no such thing as “the game is too difficult”. It was “you eighter can finish it or you can’t”

4 Likes

You were lucky to know you still possess that sword… I wasn’t even aware I have it (or even how to use it). I admit, I wasn’t paying close attention to the cinematics, there are too much of them anyway.

I wasn’t sure I was going to like the combat either I had serious doubts. But I resolved myself to learn it and figured I would just fight smart and move around a lot looking for opportunity’s. Well apparently this game rewards that because I’ve absolutely smashed everyone I have come across. I lost one fight that was 4v1 and I took 3 out. I still am not good at doing combo’s etc. I decided to learn all the technical aspects of the combat, so now I am practicing with the trainer non-stop. Most rewarding combat system in my opinion.

Thanks god there aren’t and definitely won’t be difficulty settings. KC:D is supposed to be an hardcore classical RPG and no casual action-game like Skyirm e.g. - It’s supposed to be difficult, since it tries to transport the realism of that time period. Get used to it and get better - like you had to become in older games, especially the mid 80’s ones.

2 Likes

like witcher games??? i have witcher 2 and 3 and played them since they were in stores but i never finished them…

game actually have difficulty settings you are STRONG as level 1 beginning and all other abilities you can look your abilities like difficulty???

1 Like

Thats easier said then done when the trainer runs of god knows where, and the arguement what would you do IRL is invalid as it is a game and not IRL, there needs to be a thin line as is commen in video games where you realise its not real and I can have fun in here, gaming is supposed to be a hobby and not a deathmarch. I would like to have some say in my difficulty setting that I play on in the game that I backed and this freedom is taken away from me by not giving me the option for diffrent difficulties

If you can’t loose that’s not a game by definition. Many people play games because they want to feel their character, his fate, story, struggles and victories. If you auto-win with one hand, the game is no longer a game but a story. Or you just have ego problems and like to feel godlike chosen. Maybe cheats will help then?
Just accept the fact that there are two types of people - those who want easy fun, and those who want challenge to overcome. Most of the common games are made for 9-years old. Then they launch a good old-school RPG, and you start complaining. Isn’t that insteresting to play something different at least for once?

Funny to see a lot of people think it should be a black-or-white situation; or you want a die-hard, pain in the ass game, or you want a my-little-pony like game.
Come on people, bet you’re not that simple with the rest of life (like your partner!). Is it that hard to imagine that a game can be made better by adjustments?

But who cares?

Dwarf Fortress requires a different mindset, and I enjoy Dwarf Fortress.
Hell, so did Gothic 1 and 2, and I love those.

But this is a PLOT DRIVEN RPG, not a survival simulator. So if something is getting in the way of me doing quests and following the plot, it’s bad and wrong and I have all the right in the world to hate it.

Fallout: NV had a Hardcore mode for people like you, who enjoy all the fluff. There’s literally no reason why this game couldn’t have had that.

I’m a fan of historical realism, but to reitare, this is a PLOT DRIVEN RPG, not SuperMeatBoy or N+.
I didn’t expect it to be this bogged down in it’s own “uniqueness” when I backed it years ago. And now I’m dissatisfied.

I still enjoy the difficulty, but if many people consider it as too hard, the devs could actually consider 2 difficulty modes like “tell me a story” and “devs choice”. making damage modifiers in the easy mode x2 or x3 smth like that.

Does your life have a differently level?

2 Likes

Martin Klíma talked about this recently in a czech podcast. In short, making another difficulty level would be very time consuming as changing one thing leads to breaking the game economy (suddenly you can kill anyone and sell their gear - now you have infinite money, etc…) and other problems. He also disagrees with it for other reasons.

1 Like

You probably do not mean it like that, but it is exactly my point. I have a life to handle with. I don’t play games to do the exact same thing. I want something different.
For example; in life I have to nail clipping. You want that in the game also?

why did you buy the game? srsly why?

people like you make me sick…

1 Like

Why did you even buy the game? Did you know what you we’re buying before purchasing it???

1 Like

One hour in the game is about a day. Nail clipping could be added to the game if someone make a mods out of it. Way not make it into a mini game and if you nail clip your fingers you get +1 to charisma.

Yes agree, they should fix the bugs but not the core game.

This is the way they intended it, its starting to annoy me that so many people complain about the difficulty… Which you can just overcome with practicing yourself and Henry.

I hate it how some people want to change the whole core game just for their needs.

1 Like

Me to…

I have never been so arrogant as to play a game and not be good at it and go straight to the developers and ask them to change it so i can play it better…

If i can’t play a game or don’t like it, I don’t play it.

2 Likes

Then you should play a different game that allows you to do what you want to do, brainless FPS or something like this. This game requires time and thinking about your actions and the consequences.

2 Likes