Game needs difficulty settings

The game doesn’t need difficulty settings. I’d prefer if the devs didn’t waste development time on balancing the game for casuals. The entire premise of the game is to portray hardship during medieval times. Having the game be challenging is how it should be.

Most of the people complaining here are just upset they can’t savescum or murder a whole army themselves as they are used to in most other RPG’s. If you all would spend even half the time you spent here asking for an easier difficulty for practicing in the game you would have a much easier time. I’m pretty certain that most never even bothered to train with captain bernhard again after the first training quest.

5 Likes

I have run out of likes for the day but I LOVE this post.

Sadly, i can only like your post once.

People, before responding like simple people to me, read my posts first. This feels like talking to a couple of five year olds here. Forget this, I give up my hope for a fun conversation…

1 Like

Do you realise that the game has a lot ELSE to offer than just a survival simulator? Like the story and a historically accurate medieval world. Because it is a STORY DRIVEN RPG. THAT is why people want to play the game.
You don’t see people complaining about character needs and weird save systems in actual survival simulators, because they ARE actual survival simulators and are advertised as surivaval simulators, not story driven historically accurate RPGs. You don’t see people complaining how difficult Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, N+ or I Wanna Be The Guy is because they are games advertised as being frustratingly difficult.

And all people are asking that AS WELL AS having the option to be a tooth-grinding medieval peasant simulator, they might have the chance to play an interesting RPG. Not INSTEAD. AS WELL. You know, like in difficulty setting. You lose nothing. The game loses nothing. More people enjoy the game. EVERY ONE WINS.

Unless you’re an elitist who simply cannot stomach a filthy, slithering… casual!.. enjoying HIS game without “earning it”. How dare they.

1 Like

This game doesn’t need difficulty settings. You have to remember that your the son of a blacksmith… you are meant to start off being awful at sword fighting and other skills. It’s surprising how things you find difficult in the game to start off with like combat and lock picking becomes easier as your level up those skills and gain perks.

Also you have to use your head if your managing to take out bandits with ease it will be a surprise when you come to fighting a heavy armoured experienced knight

1 Like

The game doesn’t need difficulty settings, but it does need a competent damage / armor value system. Right now, the game is hilariously easy after you level Henry’s combat skills a bit due to the fact that your damage values scale through the roof with level-ups to skills.

I’m 27 hours in and I feel like I could take on the Cuman army myself with a butterknife. :frowning:

Even if 10 cumans are around you?

Again pathetic Cyi, read my post and you understand. you understand how stupid your posts are. Maybe, maybe you understand sweet buttercup.

2 Likes

I like to think the game difficulty for me right now is on super easy, where is the super hard mode? Why can’t I be one shot like my foes…

Yes, I’m son of a blacksmith and it needs to be realistic.
Shit, I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about the mechanics.
I mean, a son of a blacksmith can learn reading in a couple of hours? Shite! learn sword fighting, horseriding, bow shooting, etc. over night? Shite!
I do not mind its shite, but don’t use it as a excuse for the rest of the crap. The game is great and I love it, but has some serious flaws. First be thankfull people pointing out potential flaws and second be greathful people willing to make a game better by putting in info.

3 Likes

Because you are so fucking fantastic!

I like my example of this flaw. 1 blacksmith vs 27 bandits/experienced Cumans…

Than I can loot everything and carry 1800 weight (1600 overweight) and gallop with ease on my horse. Lol

3 Likes

I agree there should definitely be difficulty settings. The current setting should be Normal, then we need Hard and Insane and I’ll be happy.

5 Likes

You must be amazing. Why have you not figured out (and delivered the prove of course) what dark matter is, just calling out a example?

1 Like

they should just have an easy mode where henry starts off with high skill levels. i don’t want them to mess to much with the game itself. i like the difficulty

I bow for you my lord.

1 Like

Honestly trying my hardest to see what’s broken about this game. Share my knowledge on the forums and help others. I hope the devs can see my progress and realize some change may be needed :joy:

2 Likes

You are doing more than most I think.
Don’t care if we agree, but giving back input is like a paying beta tester. As a producer you must love wretchers like us, I say.

Producer? Huh? I’m a bit drunk right now. I’m just a casual that’s a phenatic for medieval games. This game really has star struck me. Though it needs improvements. Warhorse just needs more funding probably and I’m sure they’re getting it now. And I know we’ve disagreed on things before but we seem inline here :joy:

Just like the kiddos complaining about lockpicking difficulty on console. I responded with a video of me doing like 20+ locks from very easy to hard in 4mins and 50seconds. Lol.

Henry 2.0 will be a bit more emersive - I’ll make a new Henry once the game is bug free and I have 100% completion

1 Like