Game needs difficulty settings

Agreed.

There is a massive skill gap between what henry learns in the tutorial and what he can expect to experience after being thrown into the ensuing hell of the real world

Take the sword fighting skill as an example. The level of difficulty between the sword fighting training NPC and those soldier NPCs felt like a rubber band effect. a severe spike in enemy ai difficulty that you get in fallout 4. Like trying to fight a Glowing Sea Deathclaw right out of the vault in Sanctuary.
Despite the sword melee training moving at a snails pace, henry was always successful — regardless of how poorly I performed in tactically trying to maneuver him. LOL

This incompetence on my part proved deadly for henry when i foolhardily attempted to help the tavern maid at the tutorial end. Or after henry’s next resurrection. reconsidering this fallacy and trying to face off 1-on-1 with that soldier who was stalking henry from the castle. 

Some 14 or so horcruxes later of poor Henry, I gave up and just had him try to flee the village. But he just kept failing in that from bleed out. There’s no way to partially heal him on the fly (even with that healing potion or doing a schnapps/save) before he gets attacked by those archers on horseback.

So an Easy/Normal/Hard/Legendary(Survival) mode would’ve been much appreciated at the very start of the game. Scale the level of combat/skill set difficulty relative to what the player experiences in the tutorial. Gradually ease the player into the sandbox element of combat for a few missions after they escape the town. After that, it’s anything goes based on the level of difficulty selected at the start of the game.

The way it is now, the game has become an undesirable grind with this Dark Souls/DID dynamic. :persevere:

1 Like

You do realize that this “severe spike in difficulty early on” is intended precisely so you RUN (as per the quest description) rather then try to fight back? Next time read the quest description more carefully. All your suggested easy mode accomplishes is that people will be even less inclined to actually flee from the village.

1 Like

I’ll see how broken this game can be later, after I’m 100% completed

1 Like

I felt the same way too prior level 10, but you get to apoint where you miss how hard it was because you walk around and one shot everything. All henry is missing late game is a long red cape and a big S on his chest. Like I dunno
 There are basically mods that turn skyrim in a clone of Kingdom come. I used them before and to this day I would have more fun with another playthrough of skyrim modded out then Kingdom come. It really really gets boring. I thought I would conintue playing just for teh story, but I find myself spamming space bar just to get through the dialouge.

well here’s an alternate work around to consider.
Tactic #1: Sneaky Combat
If you let the drunk kick Henry’s ass the first time, you can still reclaim henry’s items off him by force. Don’t visit henry’s mother just yet. This will advance the game by a considerable amount of time. Instead, sneak behind him (when he’s well away from any of the guards or townsfolk) and sucker punch him in the head. This will trigger him to fight Henry again. Don’t engage directly. adopt evasive tactics and strafe constantly. If he moves in to punch, kick him. Then pummel the crap out of him when he staggers back off balance. Do this until you injure him enough and/or wear him down. He’ll eventually take a knee. At that point, spare him with the unconditional surrender option (as the other option won’t give you anything). Unconditional surrender will force Kunesh to give henry everything he owes including his chest keys. Kunesh will then run away from town in shame for a good while (he returns much later). You can use this time to loot his chest and get the quest items.

Note: If you return the items before visiting the charcoal vendor, Henry’s father will act as a fence. He’ll basically “buy” back all of of his quest items including the stolen axe. And then give you the difference in change.

Tactic #2: Stealth
If you opted to use the charisma/talking route and that failed, take the items by stealth. sneak behind Kunesh (when he’s well away from any of the guards or townsfolk)and ambush him with a sleeper choke hold. Best place to do this is inside his house in his private quarters as the town guard patrols the area before his house. Or at the chopping block where his axe is. If outside, try to drag his body indoors. after he passes out, loot his body & take his chest keys. Steal the quest items from the chest. Don’t forget to steal his axe as well, since it’s quite valuable. you can use it to trade at the charcoal vendor. Or keep it as a defense weapon for later. Note that Kunesh can interrupt your haggling with the charcoal vendor if he wakes up while you’re negotiating. If he does, use that opportunity to loot the chest. His permission should remove the stolen tag on items in there.

Another thing: watch the amount of blood/grime henry gets on his clothing. Constantly check henry’s appearance from his inventory portrait. If his clothing is bloody (which it likely will be after meeting Kunesh or the German) make sure you have him wash up in one of those rainwater barrels. Check his inventory portrait again to verify he’s clean. Not keeping henry well groomed
will affect his ability to haggle effectively with the charcoal npc (or any other NPC you have him interact with) in the town.

That should get you to the end of the tutorial. Best of luck surviving the raid upon the town after that however

I really hope they keep the difficulty how it is

3 Likes

Yes.

Henry HAS been RUNNING with his last 14 or so resurrected horcruxes.

From the starting line at the castle drawbridge, right up to the point where he gets one shotted from his horse by that archer npc on horseback

Now approaching the point where I’m going to start trolling the devs. Have them add Henry to a special NPC faction in the next update dedicated to the town’s track team.

Actually, the argument of what would you do IRL makes perfect sense. This is an RPG. You are supposed to take on the role of Henry. So, if you were a young blacksmith’s son who knows that he isn’t a trained knight, would you seriously challenge war-hardened soldiers? Of course not. You would run away and live to fight another day. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. On the subject of difficulty settings, I don’t overly care one way or another but there are plenty of other games that don’t use difficulty settings. Warhorse also made it abundantly clear that the game is difficult and wasn’t for the faint of heart. I can assure you though, that once you practice for awhile, the combat becomes very manageable and fun.

1 Like

I bought it expecting to get a mafia 2 meets 1st person sims 3. And NOT to frustrate myself to ad nauseum grinding a poorly implemented Dark Souls/the long dark clone.

The survival element to this game --while essential for immersion–dominates the core RPG game aspect. I bought this game to experience a richly detailed, historically accurate, 1st person rpg story. Not to waste irl hours grinding the same damned scenario over and over again.

If you don’t have something useful to add to this forum topic, then DON’T POST.

Quit trolling and flaming other players on here. They’ve vested just as much as you in purchasing this game. Consequently, they’re entitled to provide their personal player feedback to the devs. Who-btw-who created these forums for that very purpose.

Honestly, you haven’t added anything useful to the discussion either. And I doubt you spent hours grinding the same scenario, because you clearly spent more time here begging for an easier difficulty. I tried the prologue multiple times now and I have no idea how you manage to consistently die “for hours”. The horse archers aim is abysmal especially when you are gallopping at full speed. The only way they can consistently kill you is when you in fact don’t gallop as fast as possible or when you try to fight back.

3 Likes

Difficulty settings are 100% against the core design of this game. It’s supposed to be difficult, you aren’t a bloody dovakin or witcher, you’re just some wimpy guy that has to git gud through blood, sweat and tears!

3 Likes

but listen
 they paid 60$ so they have the right to get the game changed to their needs.

2 Likes

I feel the game needs to be more difficult, comming from games like for honor and mount and blade I think there should be more difficult AI

2 Likes

I agree, if anything the game is too forgiving/easy once you have learned the basics and AI limitations.

1 Like

I restarted my Game Murdered the entire starting City of Skalitz Stole a bow from the Gaurds i killed and used that to Kill a few cuman men in early game If your sneaky enough you can break the game easily Stealth is Quite broken at points :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi guys, i think that game not for everyone and developers said that at the beginning of development. The game wants to be different from other rpg and its cool
 In my case i have physical disability which include that i have bad fine motor skills and the game is big challenge for me and its fun! And i think the comuninity of moders develop the lots of mods for to make game easier

In my opinion it actually gets too easy. Yes the game is difficult at the start which is perfect. The game doesn’t need difficult settings what it desperately needs is late game balancing so I’m not killing enemies by the dozens with 1-2 hits.

I swear I don’t believe I’ve bled once and used a single bandage at all

1 Like

For someone who’s been waiting for years you should know exactly what kind of game this was developed to be. This isn’t Skyrim buddy

Icompletely agree with you

That’s because your playing a real RPG, your role is a kinda goofy sheltered blacksmiths apprentice who’s never had to try and pickpocket or break into a lock before in his life
 this is who your playing. His name is Henry, not Dragonborn

1 Like