How Dare You Charge 60 Dollars for a Game in This State

I honestly feel like I’ve been ripped off. I can’t believe you had the gall to release a game in this state. This game is completely and utterly broken and unplayable. You could have had something good here, but I’ll tell you what, I definitely will NEVER spend 60 dollars on another title from you guys. The amount of times I’ve lost hours of progress is unacceptable. From the game not saving when it says it does, to it not saving when it should, to quests breaking in the middle of them and losing progress of the entire thing, to my horse getting stuck on terrain and getting ambushed and killed while trying to RUN UP A HILL. I’m just done. This is the 3rd night in a row I’ve had to turn the game off in a rage that has nothing to do with the gameplay, but everything to do with the broken state of this pre-alpha quality build. I’d also like to thank you for wasting my time with the nightengale quest. Every single time on the third bird, the cage just disappears and there’s nothing I can do to get it back. Hey, screw it right? It’s just another hour of my time completely wasted. I want a refund, I WANT A REFUND. This game is not fit for purpose. This is NOT the way to start a company, maybe in another 6 months of development time, this game would have been great…but as it stands, I will never play another title made by you guys, and I have never regretted a purchase more. Edit: 4k veiws, 314 likes, 324 replies and the champions of warhorse shout it down to have it hidden just like a bunch of social justice warriors. This forum is saaaaad.

26 Likes

Joined 8 minutes before posting this. I had a feeling.

10 Likes

is his complaint any lesser because of the time he joined?

10 Likes

Your just like that chick that yelled at hugh mungus for sexually harassing her. “HOW DARE YOU”

Another overreacting OP, next rage post please.

12 Likes

Get ready, boys, firestarter begins. :sunglasses:
1519233021_unknown

7 Likes

Also they sold 1 million copies already. I’m pretty sure they know how to run a good business if they reach that margin.

1 Like

I mean, yes, he is flaming and all. But doesn’t he have a point? Maybe it’s just me being sad that my game broke as well, but I kinda understand him…

4 Likes

When it’s just a cry for attention and someone could have used an existing post instead of cluttering the place up with yet another demand for a refund (pointless here - it’s just an attempt to garner support) or go on about how wronged they’ve been and they’ll never blah blah blah again, yeah…it kind of does lessen the point.

Glitches happen in games. They’re working on fixing numerous bugs. Coming in here to make demands isn’t going to make that get better any faster.

Sometimes, a “bug” is really just someone getting frustrated over one way of trying to do a quest not working for them and they fail to look for an alternate way. Sometimes, it’s players looking to have their hands held. Sometimes, it’s a legit problem.

If someone is finding save inconsistencies, griping about it doesn’t help get it addressed. Describing what you were doing when it happened, where you were, how long you slept, and so on does. If you’ve had problems with saves, don’t you think you should double-check to make sure it worked after you tried to do it by going in to load a game and see that it’s there? If it’s not, you try it again or go find another spot to save in.

I lost a little bit of gameplay because after I went back to my home village to do part of a quest, I went to check out a spot outside town, stumbled across a nest of bandits, got chased down as I ran, and I was killed. Did I come here to cry about it? No. I chalked it up to a learning experience, knowing I need to be more careful next time. I got stuck in a corner of the Rattay archery range going to pick up missed shots. I think I was able to get out of it, or maybe I had to fast travel outside the city to fix it. I don’t remember, but sometimes that happens. Oh well. Another time, I fast traveled into Rattay and the game froze upon spawning me in there. I could access menus but not move. I closed out of the game, loaded the prior save I had, and it was fine again.

The game has some kinks that need to be worked out, but it’s not broken. There are ways to bring up a problem without acting like a child.

12 Likes

Most of these programmers are freshly graduate / not a professional. This is their first game, they should hire a professional programmers to assists them with related background in gaming industries.

Well, that is actually as you said, a learning experience.

I agree with you, all the way. I don’t have much time to spend in the forum, so I don’t notice how many of these are there, but since I had a similar problem (game said it had saved when it didn’t.) I may have somewhat sympathised.

As I had said before in a post, I can deal with challenge, I can deal with hard games. It’s just the breaking parts that are hard to cope.

Yes, but that sort of thing is also not far off from what some people are complaining about with things being too hard for them. They want to just be able to waltz in and slice everyone up, no problem to it, when at this stage Henry is going to have trouble with one skilled swordsman, let alone four or five going after him.

I could have saved after I did what I did in Skalitz, but I didn’t. I saw something on the map I was curious about, came across the spot in question, found it occupied, went in to see if I could talk to them, and paid for it. That was my mistake.

I’m not trying to dismiss actual bugs, but again - a lot of them are in the process of being addressed and if someone comes in to complain about them without giving specifics, I can’t put too much into some of that. If the game said it saved but it actually didn’t, yes - that needs looking into.

4 Likes

Pre-alpha NO! Beta Yes! I also went through
some days with frustration and anger, but because of the game itself i couldnt stop playing. Its true the game has bugs and exploits and lots of it, but the game is fully playable anyhow. I think i have around 150 hours played on steam, but my gamesave are on 80 so that say alot. A tip is to download the savingmod so that you dont loose so much time on the gamebreaking bugs when they appears. Yes, it destroys the ingame save function, but it may give you a more pleasent gaming experience.
If the Company Warhorse did a misstake publishing the game in this state can only be speculation. The game have been the most sold game on steam and maybe thats what they needed to continue. If the publishing of the game was a misstake areal something we have to find out in a year or two when a planned sequel arrives.
My opinion is that the game are incredible and i love it. Its so full of life and never gets boring :smiley:

Someone’s mad.

1 Like

They havent actually had the money for highly skilled programmers. To compare it to elder scrolls skyrim, Warhorse had 50 million dollars to start with bethesda used 500 million on skyrim that says alot. And yet skyrim was also filled with bugs when published and they are a big Company.

2 Likes

The thing is that I want to play it the way they meant to make me play it. I actually want to play it hard. Also: my copy is a ps4 one, so no mods for me.

I feel you there m8 and i absolutly agree, but for those who dont the mod can help:)

1 Like

Yes i know sir, but at least they hire only for handling this save data management. Because saving is a very crucial aspect in every games. I’m not saying all the bugs that occured in this game, but the corrupted save data is intolerable, especially when the game crashed itself. I’ve put my sympathy for those who lost / corrupt their save data. They have spent so many hours just for nothing.

1 Like

I always hear this but I rarely, if ever, encoutered bugs on skyrim. And I have like, 500+ hours of gameplay. Plus, none of the bugs I did see were game breaking. Whereas in KCD…

BUT it’s not a fair to compare the two games.

Don’t get me wrong guys, I fucking loved the game. Really did. It just doesn’t feel ready/complete.
Anyway, not asking for a refund as the OP. And I want WH to have success, polish this game a lot more, make new awesome games and all.
I just want to love all the games I can =)

1 Like

And for those who think the game are to hard put a few more hours into it and it actually get to easy. Warhorse have actually made the game much more easy then they actually intended.

I also hope they patch the saving system really fast. I also had a few saving problems and it sucks. The bug where you arent able to save or talk to anyone are the worse i had encountered. I lost 2,5 hours of gameplay on that bug one time. Other bugs are some times easier to get around. If its not possible to load a save try load some of the first saves you got, then try reload the new one again. That helps sometimes. Other times restart game/steam/pc can help. But ofc SOME TIMES :slight_smile: