I seriously can't kill anything in this game

You have to continue for I think the main questline for 2 quests I believe then he goes back. It happened to me so I just did the main quests and he went back to Rattay after I reported back to Sir Radzig about a lead that takes you to Uzhitz.

Agreed. Also, I really dont get people who first buy games like KCD, cuphead or dark souls and then complain about the steep learning curve… I mean why do you buy a game which prides itself in catering to more hardcore audiences if you are looking for a casual game…

Well combat is not really difficult in this game once you realize that it just gives an impression of being overly complicated, but in reality, boils down to two thigs: Block enemy attacks, and spam your own attacks. Keep spamming them until the enemy runs out of stamina to block your attacks and then you start taking out big chunks out of his health.

I personally don’t like the combat because its too stiff and not realistic at all imo.

yeah i can tell you didn’t play combat very long in this game. you can’t spam attack against multiple opponents they will just overwelm you from behind while you’re going after one guy. also, you can only “spam” insofar as your stamina allows. do you even feint? do you even riposte? do you even masterstrike? i’m guess no.

Some combat mechanics are unlocked by doing the story. If you just run off an side quest the game will punish you. It is actually really easy once you get those mechanics.

I found him, he was leaning against a post. Like in the song One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer song. The combat training indicator did not show up until I started training again. And believe me once you put some time in to train battles will go your way.

Sadly the game is way too easy for me now… I’m hoping they can increase the difficulty.

In my opinion Skyrims combat was really just button mashing and it felt like you were hitting air. This system is great but you really should go to the dude who gives you lessons and practice over and over

Can you please give a little more info on how to increase “Adapt” and where to practice? I want to stick it out, because I think the game has great potential, BUT, I am finding the combat with melee weapons pretty bad. I have played Witcher 3, Skyrim and their combat system is way better than KCD. If rabbits got pissed off at me shooting soooo many arrows to hit them and retaliated, they would probably kill my character. If you are in the services of a Lord, you should not have to pay to advance combat skills. Coin is pretty scarce in the early part of this game, from what I see. There are not even any practice dummies, like in Horizon Zero Dawn. If you could give a little feedback on how to get better in the games combat system, would be much appreciated.

The combat in this game is realistic. So you’ll have to adapt to the directional system. It’s not the one button masher system from other games anymore. You gotta pay attention to the tutorials and learn it properly. As for practice, you can do it with captain Bernard outside of rattay. And I mean real practice. He teaches you how to swing, initiate combos and ripostes. If you pay attention to him, you’ll learn quick. And it’s all for free. As for archery, it’s close to real archery that’s why you find it so difficult. There’s no straightforward sights so you’ll need to find your own reference point and adapt to it. At first the bow will be unstable but as you level up, it doesn’t move around as much. Like I said, this game is not a button masher. It was advertised many times as realistic and so it is.

1 Like

Forget everything you learned in Elder Scroll games.

Game takes patience and some skill.

But fear not. The scaling of the PC later in the game makes combat laughable easy. Like legit killing everything in one hit.

It’s hard in the beginning but once you level up some, it’s like the easiest game ever.

1 Like

My Henry is so swole, he’s knocking out guys blocking with a shield even :joy:

If yoiu are truly having trouble, try attacking from horseback, roughly ten hits and your opponent goes down and you take no damage. However, the archery and swordplay are really pretty interesting if you invest a little time to learn them.

From which bandits are you talking exactly?

Summary

Those two guys who are after Ginger?

Some of the negativity in this thread really throws me off. We’re all here to play and enjoy the same game, right?

I had the same struggles when I first started playing, because I’d grown used to games like The Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc., where you get better at stuff by levelling up the relevant stat, but Kingdom Come is a lot more like older RPGs where your own skill and timing plays a part in how good your character is at the various aspects of the game. It really pays to spend time practicing swordsmanship, and especially bowmanship, and it pays to read about the differences between the various weapons and learn what they’re effective against and what they’re ineffective against.

I’ve found it a lot of fun learning what would be the best weapon to use in each situation, and even learning when to mount up and run away if I’m outmatched. It’s very immersive to me to learn these things along with my character, and it’s really rewarding when you start to improve and manage to take out bandit groups by using the right weapons and the right strategy.

Keep at it, man - it’s a very different experience to games like Skyrim, but for me it’s way more satisfying because it relies in part on your own knowledge and skill.

In Rattay, the top waypoint.

C8GXieMXUAA1qpa

you have to understand that Henry is a blacksmiths son, and you are shit at almost everything. Add to the fact that the player doesnt know what hes doing and it makes for a very uneducated guy running around a medieval world. train, fight, lose and youll get better. Maintain your distance and use your poke when you can. Hold the swing in one direction and change it up on them before release. GET A HAMMER/MACE (i destroy fools with mine). As soon as you can train with Cpt Bernard in Rattay, hell teach you more advanced stuff too.

in the beginning throw a shot or two and back away, wait for them to throw and block (maybe toss in a shot or two here) and then regain your distance. These bandits have been fighting a long time, Henry just picked up a sword.

shared this to someone earlier in a different forum:

So I messed around and I figured some stuff out. I play on Xbox One so you’ll have to translate the controls accordingly.

For me: If I close in the distance gap and hit the block button (LB) if I’m even kind of close I will initiate a grapple. Once the animation of me grappling starts I repeatedly mash either stab(RB) or swing(RT). If I mash stab(RB) Henry will kind of shove them to one side and punch or elbow them in the face, if I mash swing(RT) Henry will either shove them back, kick them or shove them a little and then kick…all of the animations are random but you can control your clenches and pretty much dominate your opponent.

I was training with Cpt Bernard and got him stun locked in a corner. I just stabbed and swung enough to get him into a corner and then kept initiatng grapples and punching him and grappling and punching over and over. Grab the perk to help you win clenches easier and it seems so long as you initiate it you will win it

Hope this helps

Yes, clinch is OP due to STR stat it seems.

2 Likes