I seriously can't kill anything in this game

youll level your STR, AGI, DEF, Warfare and weapon skill surprisingly fast

Clench and Mace/Shield FTW. Was doing bandit missions for Cpt Bernard and I killed 5 of them in no time, most of them with 1-2 hits. Add in the perks where head shots do more damage and the one about bleeding (im terrible with the perk names) and it makes for a pretty good setup

Practice and better gear. I would suggest treasure-hunting for gear. If you get Harold’s sword (from the swordsmith in Rattay, by just selling the useless stuff you find in treasures) your slashes will hit hard enough to damage people through a block. If you get a bit better at combat switch to St. George’s sword because it has higher stab damage and only slightly lower slash damage.

It’s not Skyrim and it will never be.
This is a real RPG where you need to level up your stats by practicing. Explore, seek, learn, it requires patience.

I used to get killed in every sword fight when I started this game, now I win a lot of them. I still get my ass kicked from time to time, but not like before.

It’s funny, because I remember being in an argument with someone on this same board few days ago who was insisting that sword fights were too easy … yup.

Well here we are again, and for majority of people this is going to be really tough to swallow and get over.
Simply because people are used to games where you are spoon-fed everything and your character has all the skills from the get go.

KCD is not like that, you start as a peasant with no skill whatsoever, literally.

Go meet with captain Bernard in Rattay and practice, he will help you alot.

1 Like

thats what people dont uderstand…the world doesnt scale to your level. you are probably the shittiest person in the game with weapon until you use it a little bit

i second training with Cpt Bernard…free training for literally unlimited experience in strength, agility, defense, weapon skill and warfare if not more skills. I trained with him for like 2-3 hours real time and my guy is a beast not.

I suggest a mace/shield, in my experience maces destroy the competition; especially if theyre wearing plate

Exactly the two bandits I was referring to.

You can evade this fight. Just talk to the charcoal burners there are other solutions.
Tried ever to poison your weapon before the fight? This could give you the extra kick to beat them.
Near to their camp is also a boulder which isn’t so easy to climb so you can use a bow from the top relatively safe and a Bowman’s Brew potion can be helpfull.
Ever tried to poisen their food if they aren’t around the camp?
Use a Bivoj’s Rage potion right before the fight starts it gives a good boost also Aqua Vitalis potion can help a bit.

Have you done the fist fighting contest in Ratay or Uzitze? You can achieve a level up in some stats and fighting skills.

I thank you for your reply, but, when I go to Capt. Bernard for my 2nd training lesson, he just tells me it’s going to cost me. I pay like 50 or 60 coin and then I get a message in the upper left saying that my sword skill was increased. Then he goes back to leaning on the fence and we did not have any 1 on 1 practice session. I will try it again. _

Ask for practice, not training.

Thanks for your reply. I will try that. I hope the patch for saving the game comes soon, because right now I find it frustrating going through a string of things to do in a quest, then getting attacked on the road & killed. When I get back into the game, I start where I last woke up, which really is a getting to be a pain.

Just buy a few saviour Schnaps and save whenever you Like😉

I have 70 Saviour’s Schnapps or so because I always buy them when I see them somewhere, but I almost never use them.
Until recently at least, I just started save-scumming to test stupid things because I had so many of them.

If you haven’t killed the bandits, follow them til they go to sleep and kill them in their sleep. You can also brew poison to poison their food or your sword. You can also brew buffing potions to really make you op. Vitality potion and rage potion.

When i did it, i lied when talking to them let them walk away and put two arrows in the leader before they could engage. That was before i knew all the other ways

1 Like

I always choke that guy out

I lied, killed the guy guarding me and went to find timmy. Never saw the bandits again

are you sure you are talking to Cpt Bernard in Rattay and not Sir Robbard in Talmberg? I have confused the two before. Cpt Bernard should let you practice with wooden or real weapons for free; if you practice with wooden weapons you can literally practice infinitely as long as you dont get knocked out, which is super easy to avoid. you get crazy experience

1 Like

I’ll check on that. I might have gotten the two mixed up. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hopefully you find him. During the day, after I did the bandit camp raid where I killed Runt (which is led by Cpt Bernard so he may not be available until after this, I personally am not sure), he usually posts up at the Northern gate to Rattay, there is a little boxed in area up on a little hill. He should be there most all day, and hands out bandit hunting quests that pay well and you get good loot to sell too. His dialogue includes “Training”, which is not what you are looking for and practice with wooden or real weapons, combos and master something or other. Just exhaust all of his options aside from"Training" and you should get real, hands on training and you should level your skills relatively fast as well; I do not believe he has been patched at all