Just give me a refund so I can buy the game from the XBOX Store!

LMAO! Point of interest, if I did actually get a refund today, because the exchange rate has changed pretty drastically since 2014, I would actually lose roughly $17.

I mean, a refund is honestly my very last resort. But two full days after release day here in the US (which we’re several hours behind Prague) with NO support pushes a person to act desperately.

I hope you do not hold it against Warhorse that the currency exchange rate is not in favor of you getting a return. That is how the life sometimes is. Not fair at all. That is why non smokers get lung cancer, why good people die in car accidents caused by somebody else and why the bad guys get the greatest girls. Still I think you are making too much out of being a backer. I am sure you will get the game. This is just a good opportunity for you to learn that money does not guarantee anything and that games are buggy and not immediately available to everyone. I used to work at the technical and customer support for a major US game publisher. You would be surprised how unfair the life can be to paying customers. And it is not necessarily the business who wants to treat the customers in an unfair way…they just simply are at the shorter end of the stick for no obvious reason.

Of course not! It was just funny to me to realize that.

If the “1986” part of your username is your birth year, then understand that I’m older than you, and naturally have learned this some time ago. The difference here between your “non-smokers get cancer” and “bad guys get great girls” (which, by the way is a matter of perspective) examples and this release, is that @warhorse has the power to make it fair!

You had mentioned that there is more to my existence than this game. Right you are! Especially on Monday, the 12th, and even Tuesday the 13th. There was quite a lot of stuff I was focusing on in my existence. However, yesterday, which is the day I’ve been anticipating playing the game for a long damn time now, there wasn’t. KC: D was supposed to be my existence yesterday. I crafted several things in my life (read “default existence”) to make it so. So, to me, yesterday, no I did not want to “take a walk”. I did not want to “look at the sky”. I wanted to play the game I’ve waited years for.

You act like we’re all entitled kickstarter backers who don’t know how it works. Well, friend, that is naïve of you. Once they made the decision to release the game on the same day to everyone, whether they backed on Kickstarter or pre-ordered from Steam, Amazon, Xbox, or Playstation, we all achieved the same status. We are no longer Kickstarter backers. We literally are the very very first ones to pre-order the game. People say not to treat KS like a pre-order system. Fair Enough. Then don’t make your backers wait until the very same day as pre-order customers, and even then not deliver on-time. I backed this game before it even funded. People who pre-ordered last week are already playing. It isn’t fair, and there is something that can be done about it! Your examples of unfair are examples of “life” being unfair (as if it were an entity with sentience or something). This is an example of a company being unfair. You can’t ask “life” to stop giving non-smokers cancer, but I can damn well ask @warhorse to give me an XBOX code!

See the difference?

1 Like

I’d only call it unfair, if it were intentional. As it stands, with all things in life, there are bound to be things going wrong.

Working in the car industry. Even with computerized systems and triple checks, sometimes cars end up at the customers dead, because some plug wasn’t quite pushed in all the way.
Should it happen? nope.
Are there steps taken to prevent it? Several!
Checks in place? Yarp.
Does it happen anyways…Sadly, yes.

Infinitely frustrating and infuriating for those affected, but likey a case of ‘shit happens’ :confused: rather than malice or ill intend.

I am sill assuming WH are in full n panick mode trying to shovel through the avalanche of issues.

1 Like

The manager wasnt the one who insulted you it was some random though just imagine all the reports etc they are going through for being a small studio. Did they expect this niche game to come out as being so popular to mainstream audiences? Maybe not. Things happen. Maybe buy the game from a store and return it within the refund time if you need to play it so bad.

Dude… have you ever bought a physical game? You can’t return it once you’ve opened it. Been that way for decades now.

My copy just arrived, now days after launch. And it’s a disc. When I requested digital for console. A mess.

1 Like

As an Earl, you should have gotten both. Only one license, so using the code would make the disc not work, but seems like you would have been okay with that. I’m in that boat with you, man.

Couldn’t you just buy the game and then take the one you receive in the mail back? The one you get from the mail won’t have been opened so take that one back.

Just lie and say it wasnt working for you xD

1 Like

Seriously, @warhorse, I do want a refund now. Not only am I being completely screwed over by you, but now I’m told it’s my own fault, when I did everything I was asked when I was asked to do it. To hell with you all, and just give my money back. You’ve added insult to injury, and that’s about the final straw for me.

I honestly feel sorry for you guys. Maybe its for the best because the last patch didnt seem to fix any of the bugs i experienced before it and now the game is at 46 gig from a retail sale of 26 gig just from apparently bug fixes. Will all patches be 15-26 gig on consoles if so id have to delete everything eventually just for one game. I reported it through email they told me it was fixed in the patch but im sure its just creating more issues because i still get it and more. Im scared to report them all for the patch sizes id rather just put up with what i have

1 Like

I finally got some support from @WH_JiriRydl! It seems that there is at least 1 person at Warhorse that sees our situations as legitimate issues that need resolution. That guy has single-handedly helped backers/customers in trouble with their pledges resolve their issues quickly. I can’t describe how much of a relief it is to finally have someone say, “Well, here’s what I can do for you” instead of “Too bad”, “Nope”, “Sorry”, or “You must have done something wrong”.

I needed nothing more than the acknowledgment of my issue, and SOME kind of resolution! And that is what @WH_JiriRydl provided me. True customer service, and a level of understanding that seems to have escaped many other Warhorse employees.

Seriously, Jiri, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

2 Likes

That’s awesome man. @WH_JiriRydl. Happen to have another one in you to make another costumer happy tonight? Would love to have the game for the weekend.

It’s funny, Kickstarter projects has always had something bad happen to them. Some of them don’t even launch even if they were funded. Looking back the company should have launched the game later

He helped me via Twitter. I had tweeted that I was getting no help on the Forums, and he looked into my issue and gave me the same info, but after I explained why some of what I was being told didn’t make sense, and wasn’t exactly fair, he was able to provide some support. There’s no guarantee he can work magic for everyone’s various issues, but he was able to help mine at least. I’m just relieved that someone at Warhorse finally took an interest in what the experience was like from our point of view. Yes, there are all kinds of stresses they are experiencing with the launch of the game, but getting people the game at all should be top priority, and I really feel like Jiri understands that. You can probably find at least one of the tweets on my Twitter, which is the same name I use here. :slight_smile:

Still no resolution I guess? This really sucks for you. Not professional at all I their end. I really don’t recommend getting the Xbox version though. We’re getting arse fucked in our own right.

I bought mine for console after my account was deleted for “harassing people” over the fact my account never recieved its code or title. Then i got my buddies pre order gameshared and bought the game myself as i wanted the damn pre order armor… i get about 20 hours in and the crashin texture popping and all around strange glitches became abundant… after a infuriating 41.5hours i beat the lackluster half assed story that will cost more moneyin the future and my game wont even load anymore. So dont bother at all.

You were a donor and they banned you?

I still don’t have my key and would like a refund so that I can buy directly from elsewhere. It’s been 6 days.

If people who aren’t backers can get the key emailed straight to them, why shouldn’t backers.