KCD 1.6 + Hardcore now available / feedback

Yes, it took many months in Crysis until someone could create a Darker Nights Mod
Or create another variant of the time of day. And the sandbox ToD settings were very confusing for newcomers

Yeah, except the ‘newcomers’ here are the devs themselves

I was considering a system in wich you have different elements like rain thunder clear sky clouded storm etc. Like a pool the weather system chooses from at random. But it is not able to see if two weather elements are compatible in real life.

The raining at night under an otherwise beautiful starry sky isn’t game breaking. It’s of no functional consequence, but it’s a silly as it gets in a game that strives for some semblance of realism.

Agreed on night time
But for me especially now in hc mode
If it rains during day i need the grey skies like when you go back to skalitz in the beginning.
Im a european guy irl so i know in summer it can be bad bad weather :grin::grin:

yeah if you think so, fine. But first make an own mod with the ToD settings of Sandbox.
You dont know how extreme the setting in editor was changed

Wait, you mentioned newcomers. Now, you’re telling me to mod. Not sure what you’re getting at other than the complexity of the task at hand. If so why not just say you can vouch for Jan that environment setting are very complex

Separate question… beyond contractual/legal matters, is it possible or reasonable for WH to delay access to mod support tools because they’re still creating the infrastructure for modding these settings?

I vouch for nothing, so tell me a game that is not complex.
I was trying to say (I am sorry for the wrong word before)
NOBODY knows how extreme the setting in editor was changed.
Yeah they should know what they did but nobody is perfect

I thought it would be the last on the DLC Roadmap?

Is Hard core part of 1.6 or separate?
GOG does not show it at all. as a DLC.

Agreed the game looked at its best, when you went back to skalitz first time. The grey clouds. Have not seen since. why?

Dunno i asked the devs but the weather system as a whole seems difficult to get working

With such a deep gameplay, I really think we miss the influence of weather on player and NPCs in terms of getting sick/illness and have the chance of dying if not taken care of it (sleeping, going to visit herbalists, etc). Even a cold could kill you in the old times (maybe not kill NPCs but the chance that they could get ill and expand the illness to their neighbours as a gameplay feature, not a quest…) That would be hardcore!

Hardcore is part of main game.

Thank You :+1:

like this idea, specially since npcs stand out the rain. would be another level to to brewing potions.

Absolutely! I was surprised they didn’t implement it in the base game since the beginning and was kind of expecting that it would be one of the gameplay cut/content that Vavra said they would like to restore…

Took me a bunch of long tries to get safely to Talmberg. Only to get caught picking a lock and was jailed and then cast out of talmberg, I fell and subsequently dies moments later, taking me back, to the rotten beginning… (I picked herbs for three days and traveled as light as possible to give the horse the best chance). But a fail is a fail…

1 Like

I’m playing hardcore on my other account and now having problems finding a quarter combat jacket. WH took it from treasure 23 and now I’m lost in the woods again lol.

Please help😢

Lootable from some dead traders at battle spawn points

1 Like

HC definitely took the wind out of the sails on finding treasures.

1 Like