KCD Future Developement?

Steam want 30%!? No wonder games dont seem to be getting better, that’s a lot of money taken, just discourages companies to invest

1 Like

Publish retail like it has been for 20 years before that digital streaming.

@Demodan, money doesn’t play a role in case how good a game is.

Ha, ha,
I thought you want make profit… :

30% is common (since Steam and iTunes).
Before it was much more, maybe 70%… depends on many things.

No. I don’t want profit. This is not my first goal. If I want profit, I would develop a new Call of Duty or Assassin’s Creed or a boring app like facebook, not Kingdom Come. I want to publish a good game. And nobody who haven’t worked on the game should make profit with it. Valve makes profit with the work of others! Just because of that shit Launcher. I would boycott it. If everyone also would boycott Steam with me, they would go down to 10 % and even that wouldn’t I accept. Then I would make my own Launcher and later a free update to remove DRM.

EA chose to leave Steam and save all that money for themselves with the new launcher. And how much did it help them to make their games better…

1 Like

A launcher doesn’t help to make games better. How do you come to that idea?

I come? No, I don’t.

Your argumention is a little… confussing…
Do we talk about WH (or any other firm) who wants to sell games?
If they want sell their game on consoles they have to pay:
Sony (PS store) 30% (with DRM)
Micosoft (Xbox store) 30% (with DRM)
Switch???
If they want sell a mobile game:
Google (Play store) 30%
Apple 30%

If they want sell it for PC:
Steam 30% (with DRM)
GOG 30% (without DRM)

Epic Store (12%/18% >not sure) (with DRM)

If you just make your own game launcher (without plattform/market) > you will fail!
If you make your own plattform launcher/ new market you will need 50M.$ and more > maybe you will fail!

There are enough Steam user who don´t want to change the plattform, because …Steam works, or… (“insert your favorite argument”).

1 Like

No console versions. RPGs are something to play on PC and consoles just plague the PC version with limitations. If you focus only on PC version and put all resources on it, it’s a much better game than a multi platform port shit with limitations and bad graphics.

Also no Steam. Why should I fail with an own launcher? An other option is to have no launcher. Simply publish retail only, like it always was in the late 1990’s up to 2005. And it worked. Publishers got their profit.

For me it would not be important how many copies my game sell. As I said, if I just want to make a fast profit, I would make a mainstream game with action gameplay, superheroes for 12 year olds and no story.

1 Like

Pattern of behaviour

Consoles simply can’t handle big open world maps with a lot of transparency textures like grass. And the controller is often not compatible with the controls the game was created for. And I can behave like I want.

1 Like

Yes except by 2018, 83% of all video game sales were from digital downloads. And that number is still increasing. You can’t release it on disk only anymore if you wish to get good sales. This isn’t the 90’s. Things have changed.

1 Like

you explicitly asked me to explain. done.

played KCD on PS4 and PC. although shitty, the PC specs are better than what WH recommends. yes, lock picking is much easier on PC and output on UHD TV noticeably better but not enough to make a fuss over. PC games incomparably better than they used to be but still not photo-realistic to me. So the difference between PC and PS4 isn’t that compelling right now. doesnt matter FO4, KCD. as said before, to me the only compelling reason for PC is mods… and maybe the ability to beta test a game through an online service such as Steam or whatever. Pure pipe dream but wish Sony loosened its position on mods and enabled framework for beta testing on PS5

And where would you get the money for the development?

While I do agree that money shouldn’t the main motivation, it is still super important, you need someone who would invest in your project (while part of the motivation of the investor might be to support interesting project, he of course wants his money back and make profit out of it and there is nothing wrong about it).

Then it’s on time to work against it to bring back good old times.

nothing good ever came from saying that

This is not right.

Most likely, another unplayable game!

I agree Man that peopledon’t easily change platmore, they would more over stick to the old one rather than moving on, Talking as a fellow online streamer