Lockpicking is impossible on console

No its not… Its just showing that it can be done. Im not here to prove my gaming prowess jakey boy

Tears… Its crazy

Calm down Jake. The lock picking is more difficult if you’re all angry, makes your heart rate go up.

You just need to be calm and have steady hands.

Good job on working in the bench press reference, now I really know what a big tough man you are. Bonus points for the “go outside” bit, because of course nobody could possibly be better than you at games unless they have no life right?

This is like talking to a living parody…
Apologies to any mods that may be forced to intercede/lock after Jake flipped out and ruined the thread.
I’m finished with him now. :slight_smile:

Sir bat has a point. Anyway ill be posting videos for how to make money fast and how to unlock locks easier on youtube so don’t worry it will be up sometime tomorrow.

Now you forced me to write that it is ok for me. Since I play the game only with mouse and keyboard I can’t tell how difficult it is using a contoller.

Well we can pretend the time wasting is fun but I should have known this game would be bad. What can you expect from a hyper realistic\unrealistic game. Every action is made ridiculousy difficult so I can waste more time eating and sleeping in a video game. The game is quickly becoming a chore with having to accrue resources to simply save the game. All for a sense of realism that is ruined by the first wayfarer you kill in the wilderness who’s equipment you just took telepathically tells the world it’s a stolen item. I really am at a loss for what this psuedo realism is supposed to do.

3 Likes

I really hope the devs won’t change the game now for all the crying casuals who thought they would be getting skyrim 2.

2 Likes

Nerd please. I literally just pointed out the game world knows an item is stolen in the middle of no where. But you’re going to defend stupid and pointless"realism" features? Sorry. I’m a history buff not a Day Z dork.

3 Likes

Not impossible at all, I have opened 5 locks now and leveled up a couple of points. it gets easier.

2 Likes

No need to shitting on OP. The devs just confirmed they are working on changing the lockpicking controls
Sure, lockpicking is possible even with a gamepad, but it is very hard to do and it will get fixed to be more enjoyable

Nerds! Nerds!

1 Like

worst? Have you tried pickpocketing?

I love you burgundy.

pickpocketing is easy… hold down the button as long as you can and that gives you time to look at the items in the persons pocket, select what you want and then exit. easy.

1 Like

Lockpicking is only “easy” on the very easy difficulty, my first chest was one and I did it on my first try, however all the other’s after that failed and I had multiple lockpicks. But maybe this can help, I watched it myself. Lastly try leveling it up somehow, it will get easier then with the extra perks, just need to find a way to level it up fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSUE6a5H5pQ : Lockpicking Guide

1 Like

I think the real issue is that people aren’t willing to accept that you can’t quicksave before picking every lock and so you have to live with the consequences if you fail. This is something I really love about the game and I hope they don’t change it. I also like how the player is a total noob in the beginning who can’t really do anything and you have to learn these things through practice.

3 Likes

There would be no problem if realism worked to the detriment and benefit of play. But it simply is not balanced. Things should be hard, but shop keepers shouldnt magically know items are stolen. Especially items from outside the town. Getting punished by unrealistic events are annoying when being fed “its supposed to be hard henry is new”. Well items dont magically brand themselves stolen either.

4 Likes

Spend some time on it yesterday and after initial frustration I got the hang of it. So patience my friend, try harder. Playing on PS4

1 Like

first game i have ever had i cant finish the tuturial and i cant find anyone selling lockpicks

skyrim etc no problems.

1 Like

Why can’t you finish??

Why do you think you need lockpicks?

because it fails and then says you have no lock picks, do you have the game?