NEW VIDEO UPDATE Great Haste Makes Great Waste

I don’t wanna to be rude, but you’ve already paid for this game and there’re few months till release, so there’s no point to be that negative. As i said many times, this game isn’t for everyone. This game for people who’ve dreamed a bit about something like that. About NPC stuff… Have you seen a very old video about AI? If you did, you would understand the problem behind this. IGN version of it is older, than version in the new video. Yeah, it’s still doesn’t react on the player in time, but this’s not the full game. This’s just a build for press or testing as it was on E3. :face_with_monocle:

I just try to “to call a spade a spade”. I do not want to be a fan who accepts all WH statements without thinking about it.

3 Likes

It’s ok, your choice. I know, that this game is far behind from “perfect”, but still, what do you want from an indie studio with such a budget, number of developers and etc. ? It’s ok, to share your opinion and sometimes you might be right about, but kicking them everytime might get things worse. They do everything to make this game as good as possible, you might have noticed that for a long time ago. I can’t share all my thoughts about it, cus my english a bit suck, but just put yourself in the shoes of other people and sometimes you realize, that you would fail as they did. But, maybe i’m just blind and haven’t seen everything about it. Let’s just hope, that our fears and thoughts(bad) about this game were wrong(or half wrong) at the release. :face_with_monocle:

"It is still the same"
That’s just not true. I see a big progress. I agree that it still has this unfinished touch in some areas, for example the AI in big fights.
But at the same time I see lots of unique features. I think this game is something new, it’s a risk, but with risk also comes big opportunity. This game could shake things up in the gaming industry, because it tries things that haven’t been tried before.

Also, we should not forget that even if it is still buggy at release, it can still become popular. Just look at the Gothic series for example.

Totally agree on the option to remove the arrow trails and sparks!

I’ve heard somewhere(Might be not a 100% true), that these arrow trails are only on weak bows. :face_with_monocle:

IMO they are a good idea, it makes it much easier to see where your arrow went. In previous videos, you sometimes didn’t see if you hit somebody or not. You knew only when he fell. It is good game design. Just reduce the effect a bit and it will be ok, now it is too strong.

Guys, if you wanna help Warhorse Studios you can share the new warhorse video below the IGN one, so people get to see also the good stuff. I already did it.
You know, I find this video really good:

So you can share this one as well.

1 Like

Wow, just watched this video. Looks incredible. One of the things that stand out, graphics-wise, is how beautiful the landscape looks. Absolute stunning landscape.

1 Like

Hmmmmmm…I’m reading through the comments and some are complaining about the combat involving groups. Let me give some suggestions to those people. First off, suspended disbelief. You’re playing a game, so it’s not going to be 100% the reality you know. If you really want that real-life experience where groups of people are more real to you in a game, you could always larp in the forest with your friends. Second, watch the fighting. The people are not just standing around doing nothing. They are fighting and reacting. I don’t see people standing around quite like how some are suggesting. Look at the fighting. Look at the NPCs. They are moving, swinging, punching, falling over, and stumbling (watch the scene where they barge in the camp and presumably one takes an arrow). Did you watch a different video than me? Third, appreciate what is there. This game is so good in so many ways. Perfection is achievable in only the impossible. Coming close to it though, no complaints here. I don’t mean to offend, but some of the comments are just outright petty complaints because a computer/console game is not real life experience. Again, I suggest you make your cardboard armor and larp if you want something real. Anyway, just some thoughts. Happy new year, and I’m really looking forward to the game’s release.

1 Like

There is a momentary ‘twitch’ when the npc reacts to the new threat and while making the decision uses an inactive pose. Without the intervening ‘frame’ no-one would complain about the responsiveness though, it is only a blending of animations during the decision process.

You want the AI to behave aggressively… stand in front of him and get in his face. Your allies will flank him and kill him instead.
You want to be safer and to get more kills. Allow your allies to fight as the active AI opponent and work around to the rear.

Just rewatched some old videoupdates. I was shocked how well lipsync looked three years ago :smiley:

Facial animation shown in that update is really great.I wish such animations in final game.

Yeah that is weird, that lip snyc and the person in general looks much better than the current ones being shown.

What happened?

1 Like

Maybe developers should answer this question…

the full facial motion performance capture is used in cutscenes only. normal gameplay is still procedurally generated.

2 Likes

I can imagine that such a technology is extremely time/resources demanding and requires lot of work to apply to some random peasants, not to mention HW requirements :frowning:

You could facial mocap four, five people, who are the voiceovers and try to apply the data to other faces, which requires a lot of remastering work .

@warhorse

Did you use partial facial mocap for npcs?

I only saw there is one actress playing 3 characters. It’s possible they are using same voices or even facials from one person to another.

I really want to know how you feel about the commentary in “great haste makes great waste”.
To be honest, I really don’t like it. I couldn’t watch let’s plays of those two. Their reactions don’t seem genuine and spontaneous to me. I can’t identify with them. It’s strange that two people play the game at the same time. And I don’t like how they talk “those nobheads” etc. (Of course that’s completely subjective.)

In contrast to that I loved the let’s play of ESO. I watched all his let’s plays of Kingdom Come:Deliverance and I found them really enjoyable. I think it comes down to being authentic, genuine, believable. I just don’t like to watch someone acting like someone else.
I think that ESO would have done a better job at presenting the game in the best light to be honest.