NPC routines are a waste of resources

This will be completely different in the final game where there will be even more different stages of awareness for the people and how they react to you. In the garden they will probably only follow you around, to check what you are doing there, in a house they will try to throw you out or call the guards.
If you steal something, they will notice it, depending on how important the item was. Maybe they will never notice about an apple, but about the expensive sword on the table.
They will not know if it was you, but they will call the guards and rumors will spread around and people will get more sceptical around strangers like you.

6 Likes

That is impossible and foolish for you to try and claim if you arenā€™t a part of the team.

Wait, you are not talking to our community manager, are you?

2 Likes

Broā€¦ come on, not even my cat is ignorantā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Š¾_Šž
lol
Š¾_Šž
Š§Šµ Š·Š° хŠµŃ€Š½ŃŽ ты Š½ŠµŃŠµŃˆŃŒ?

1 Like

Stop, donā€™t touch our community Manager.

1 Like

Iā€™ll check ur IP, Iā€™ll find u, & ur mom, & ur father, & ur dog. U know what i mean & what iā€™ll do. heh
Oh, U donā€™t. My bear will decapitate ur dog. Iā€™ll alcoholize (funny word) ur father and ur mom will play my balalaika.
Š”цуŠŗŠ¾.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Baut WSOutlaw87. No offend to DrFusselpulli.

Too much vodka

Lol no I wasnā€™t replying to him, i was replying to the op.

1 Like

Can your cat type sentances that make sense?

Sounds great.
Though I have never seen a game that has done any major changes from beta to release.

I guess so, I hear some people think it might be a waste of resources though :wink:

2 Likes

Too bad i still hope you were answering to dr fuselfuli because that would be awesome start of meme thread

1 Like

Sorry. I could have replied the right way to make it more clear but scrolling with my phone on here is painful.

Np :wink: there is little box with number of post you are looking at / number of all posts in the thread. Scrolling with it is the best responsive experience so far for me

1 Like

It sounds great that they get the NPC KI right for reacting to players invading their property. They already had that in games almost 20 years agoā€¦
Making complicated and most likely non deterministic routines (which is most likely the main reason for the troubles) is without a doubt the worst economical decision the dev team has made. It could have been replaced with simple predetermined routines with a handful of stations and nobody would have complained either if the devs never mentioned those complicated routines.

Your nonsense has been refuted already, donā€™t copy and paste identical ā€œargumentsā€.

And you havenā€™t brought up a single valid argument in the whole thread.
The devs even admitted in here that things didnā€™t go so well for them and yet you still deny the obvious problems caused by the NPC routines.
But itā€™s normal for people of lesser rational ability to ignore uncomfortable facts.