Patch 1.3 delayed

So, maybe next week for PC and an another week for console’s. Nevermind, but I hope they REALLY fixed a lot of bugs!!
BUT they are really tell us which bugs (quests) will be fixed… Or what will this patch fix EXACTLY! I don’t know what is this secrecy!

Still in testing huh. This kinda trumps my hope for a friday or saturday release but maybe it’s the final stage of testing, who knows?

when will it be patch 1.3 is out?

testing means its finalized though
so when everything turns out to be good I guess we could dowload the patch today
if not then next week

Nobody knows exactly… maybe the devs, but nobody tells nothing!

The Patch is finished and currently tested by the team. If there are no problems they will publish it. Could be today, could be tomorroe, could be next week. Nobody knows…

1 Like

Eating from pot = 2 mins loading screen
Washing my face = 2 mins loading screen
Try to speak with someone = 2 mins loading screen

MINIMUM… just why?

Really? I only get a 2 sec black screen.

More I playing, more loading screen as I noticed. But I reload an another saved game (I lost again couple ours) and there is good now * knock-knock *

In some cases, I have to wonder,…

Building stuff, or programming stuff, and most importantly troubleshooting stuff, takes time and it is sometimes not perfectly clear before hand, just how long it takes…

So accepting this fact of life, I don’t know what people expect from the Devs…

If they stick to the truth and say “Soon, but don’t know when exactly”, people raise pitchforks and torches, and complain about wishy-washy blah blah statements. If the Devs say “Month X Day Y Hour Z” and, thanks to the facts of life mentioned earlier, have to delay it, or otherwise don’t meet that arbitrary deadline, the same people will still get their pitchforks and torches, complaining about being lied to.

Is there ANY way at all, the Devs could possibly communicate the Patch timing, that does not trigger all the moaners?

1 Like

Actually, there is for me. I know they’re hard working and all, but for me it’s unexcusable to release a game with such bugs in critical stages of the game (main quest). I could go with side quests and minor glitches here and there, but this is unacceptable for me, the most critical bugs should have been long gone before the game was released, but what do I care, nowadays it’s always the same thing, always release half-finished products, release it, cash in, then patch it with bandages and call it a master piece. And the DLC-cash grabbing as well. I rest my case.

2 Likes

why do people always complain about DLC’s actually costing money. They could also just stop development, dont have DLC’s or any other thing. Either they work further on improving the game and make plans to get money or they stop development and dont need any more money. I agree when it comes to huge companies and lootboxes etc. but an indie developer just needs the money and I’m happy to give it when there will be more content in exchange.

3 Likes

I finished game few days ago with aprox 95hours, and except few funny bugs i have no big problem with any quest!
For Run “2” i will wait for patch and maybe try some Balancing mode because from 9 level it was toooooo easy.

It’s standards. I know I’m not that old, but I still remember when the supposed ‘DLC’s’ added like another 20 hours to the game or so. Nowadays it’s release minor things that add little or nothing to gameplay and overprice them, and other times put critical things to the game behind a paywall which is much worse. It didn’t happen too much, before, DLC’s were called expansion packs, but I digress, this has nothing to do with patch 1.3.

Thing is if I buy a new car, I expect it to drive right? I expect a chassis, steering wheel, transmission, wheels, brakes, etc. etc. If I buy a Dacia (which is a cheap european car), I know I won’t have much and I will pretty much will get what I payed for. Just a chassis with 4 wheels and nothing more. If I buy a Mercedes, I expect another level of luxury, of course. Cuise control, and all the new modern mumbo jumbo the classy cars have today. In this case I feel like I have payed for a Mercedes and I don’t even have a steering wheel to drive said car!

I can’t progress in the main quest for 2 weeks already! Always saying the patch will come out next week this week or don’t know when, bla bla bla. When I buy a new thing, I expect it to work to a minimum standard, I know it’s impossible to release a product in perfect stage, but without a steering wheel to drive said cair? Ah well. And I have plenty of patience, believe I do. I know they’re hard working and I hope they continue to improve the game and be as successful as possible. It’s just a rant. Oh well.

Development processes and costs have skyrocketed so much due to the complexities of modern games that developers can’t afford to work on their own especially indie devs. They have to rely on publishers who pull majority of the strings including release dates since all they give a shit about is a quick flip for their investment. The devs, having signed contracts, cannot back out this deal. And now they’re forced to complete the rest of the game through patches and dlcs(also a money generating scheme by publishers). And then the devs have to face all the heat from people for this shit so they stop giving a shit and taking risks like creating a unique game like this. I don’t know why I keep explaining this to people over and over again, when still they’re like “nope, WH is the devil, burn them on a stake”

3 Likes

I can understand your point about releasing an unfinished game
I dont know what the exact causes were if it was deep silver pushing the release or if its warhorses fault
And I know that Warhorse also made many mistakes - people make mistakes especially when they dont have experience.
There shouldnt be gamebreaking bugs anymore at release thats for sure… but now we have this situation, I had no problems guess I got lucky… others cant play. But I think Warhorse will do its best to clear things up. And a proper Patch will take some time but we’re almost there 1.3 should release very soon.

XBOX ONE user - Looking forward to 1.3 patch as lockpicking not working for me at all, plus, an EXIT option after saving the game would be nice.

Out of interest how can you tell what version of the game you running on?

In the main menue when you see the little village (with missing textures) you see a number on the lower left side of your screen. It should say Warhorse studios, Version X.X (that is your patch number)

Thanks Hazelnus

1 Like

Or if you pause the game :smiley: