Please give us the game option to save whenever we please, without savory schnapps

I would not play this game if not for a mod that gives you ability to save, period. Limited saves is a shitty gameplay design always have been. Im not a child or basement dweller so I dont have infinite gaming time and if what little time I have is wasted on replaying the same content all over again then it just doesn’t work for me.

And its not even immersive - it doesn’t give Henry fear for his life, just fear of tedium and boredom if he fails. Before taking risks you just find yourself considering not the dangers of particular challange, but the time passed since you last slept or drunk some schnapps and that is just stupid.

1 Like

Wrong! You were most likely in diapers when I was gaming. The meaning of hardcore has many meanings, depending on who you ask and is painted with a broad brush. Someone who plays 10 hours everyday, would be considered a hardcore player. In the old days, games like Baldur’s Gate, had a great saving system.

You are nothing more than another know-it-all and attention seeking childish troll. Now get lost troll!

Well said and I agree 100%!! I just wish that Warhorse would have at least given us an “optional” unlimited save option in the set-up menu, that would have made us all happy, at least concerning saves.

As per Warhorse directly:

PC player here… Is there a way I can change the save system to unlimited saves in my game files, by changing the values of savory schnapps from 1 to 0, or something like that? I’d really love to enjoy this game, but I just can’t enjoy it without unlimited saves. I’ll await your response. Thank you!

• created

4d

](https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/save-question-for-you-sir/65577/3)

2h

DrFusselpulli

RobertEmerald

Add or Remove …

DrFusselpulliCommunity Manager

7h

Nope, it is unfortunately not possible to do it like that.
There is a mod about it, but it has the tendency to cause problems after a while for some quests.

RobertEmerald

2h

Thank you DrFusselpulli! I’ll just wait another year or so, or whenever either Warhorse implements this as an option in game set-up, or finishes releasing their final patch for the game, where a modder can create a stable and updated unlimited save mode. What a shame!.. Thanks again sir!

Don’t mind me, I’m just here to watch the tennis match of insults flying back and forth till something sticks.

2 Likes

TheKnightinBlack, LOL… I have no problem with that. No one is going to change anyone else’s mind, so why even try and with insults to boot. I’ll always defend myself and take appropriate action in such cases though. I’m sure that there will be a couple or few more people that want to be heard from, while throwing insults, all while expecting no retaliation. They are sadly mistaken! Have a great day!

Don’t know how you measure time, but I’m pretty sure that I wasn’t in diapers when you started playing 25 years ago. Mostly because I started gaming 35 years ago.

And to be honest. I’m not just another troll, but I dislike people claiming the “old school player” badge and then complaining about a game mechanic that forces them to think rather than save every few minutes - just in case they forgot to think ahead.

Hard Core gaming in the sense of playing 10 hours a day is just telling us, that you have little life beyond the screen. A job even? Who knows.
You expect to “spend thousands of hour” combined with a need to save scum so bad that you tell everybody, that you won’t start playing KC:D until you can…
(I asume your first post where you refuse to play the game until fixed - only refers to the DLC since your other posts clearly indicate that you have played a lot.)
And if you can’t have it, you won’t buy another game of theirs… Even if you are told again and again that the option is already available.
An then you claim that save scumming is an immersion breaker. Wow. Just Wow.

Just pathetic.

And those of us from before Baldur’s gate know how unforgiving games were. So you’re not old school. You’re a PowerGamer.

Go ahead now. Block me.
I’ll consider that a badge of honour.

6 Likes

Yes but not totally unforgiving

Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord was from 1981. Played it on PC/PCjr. Played it way too much like KCD. There were times when saves were restricted but one could trick it … effectively save scumming

“Hardcore gamers” = Highly committed in one’s support for or dedication to something.

Class is dismissed!

Now for a new argument for all the trolls out there: My favorite color is emerald green.

You can start trolling now and I can start blocking. Have fun!

Emerald green was the color of the dragon on the cover of Wizardry: Proving Grounds

Since you choose to go the pedantic/condescending route… How is that commitment/dedication expressed? And what makes it ‘highly’?

Troll-bait argument aside, that’s actually a good question.

I have several games from the mid-80s that I love, and still fire up from time to time. Does that make me committed or dedicated? Certainly, in that I’m still going back and replaying them over 30 years later. But does that make me “hardcore”? Probably not.

@keegan honestly, not trolling. I tend to agree with you.

1 Like

@frelmedieval Sorry, trolling comment was more of a general handwave at the devolution of this entire thread, than a comment directed at you.

no problem. hard to read ‘tone’. personally, more than happy to engage in arguments even spiritied ones but i don’t do it to ridicule or belittle … unless insults come my way and then @Blacksmith shows up :wink:

Directly from the web and other people’s “opinions”:

Hardcore Gamer definition

1. In layman’s terms, “hardcore gamer” is a word used to refer to a person who is fond of videogames and could spend hours and hours on them without never getting tired of it. Indeed, different from a casual or a midcore gamer, for a hardcore player, gaming represents more than just a hobby.

Reference: honeysanime.com/what-is-a-hardcore-gamer-gaming-definition-meaning/

1. Hardcore Gamer

Someone who plays video games as a primary hobby. They tend to spend large amounts of time playing games, often in excess of two or three hours a day.

Hardcore gamers tend to care less about graphics then casual gamers. While some specialize in a single genre, they typically have fairly diverse taste in games, frequently playing a wide variety of games from different genres. They’ll often seek out obscure and older games, based on word of mouth or positive critical reception. Hardcore gamers put good gameplay above all else, and don’t mind if a good game has poor (or even nonexistent) graphics, sound, characters and plot.

The stereotypical hardcore gamer is out of shape, and has poor hygene. They spend a lot of their disposable income on video games, consoles, or PC upgrades, and a large percentage of their free time either playing video games or discussing them, online and off. They wear either black clothing, or T-shirts with geeky pop-culture references, often to video games. Their social skills may be sub-par, and they may be less likely than others their age to have many friends, a jobs and a girlfriend/boyfriend. Some of these stereotypes are negative, and they certainly don’t apply to all hardcore gamers, but there’s a fair amount of truth to them.

“John plays just about every game that comes out. He says he’s a hardcore gamer, but I just call him a dork.”

#video#games#geek#nerd#hobby

by Ninj3w December 22, 2008

1. https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-definition-of-a-hardcore-gamer-27313138/ This one has many different people’s opinions .

In the end, it all comes down to personal “opinions”, and this goes for just about any subject bought up in life. There are hundreds more of sites on the web covering this topic as well. Thanks for sharing your “opinion”, but I’ll stick with mine. Have a great day!

@RobertEmerald commitment and dedication are not (explicitly) referenced in the definition provided but they are in yours. how do they come into play in your conception?

Taking the words a face value, probably say I’m not a HC gamer (relative to KCD) but a HC fan

All you like to do is argue!.. Here, just for you and again, taken directly from the web from a dictionary source.

ADJECTIVE

1. highly committed in one’s support for or dedication to something.

“hardcore gamers” · “even hardcore fans of the television series should probably skip this” · “hardcore conservatives”.

Go to the web enter hardcore definition and you’ll see it there. I say this, because otherwise you wouldn’t believe a word of what anyone else is telling you. The best solution to this debate, is to just call ourselves all hardcore gamers, but in our own personal opinionated and understanding of the word.

“One stubborn person attempting to change another stubborn person, will get them nowhere”. ~ Robert Sager~

@RobertEmerald You’re too fucking cynical, Robert Sager. Just trying to understand how you construct your world(view). Not trolling. Not arguing for the sake of arguing

Previously I invested a lot of hrs in playing KCD. Not now. Commitment and dedication therein no longer in evidence therefore not HC gamer of KCD