Please rework manual saving

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rant and shit postings

Can you pause the game if child is crying?

2 Likes

Or maybe I’ve just done a large quest and spent all? Or I am in the beginning of the game? Or I simply forgot?

Look, I get you want a hardcore experience, and no one wants to take that away for you. All we want is to have THE OPTION FOR US to have a life as well as enjoy the game. Is our enjoyment really that troubling to all of you?

8 Likes

And if you need quick money just fast travel form one end of the map to the other, ina minute you’ll be stopped be bandits or boars, kill em and sell. Now you have 500$ in 5mins. Lmao

1 Like

If you just did a large quest, the game should have saved. Also you know beds save right?

What is wrong with you? Yes, I can, but sometimes my child will cry deep into the night. Like small children do sometimes. Then I CANT just keep playing until I can save.

3 Likes

However - even if i’m against the idea of maunually savin, even if it is “optional”, because of Reason’s which i stated, to add an Suspend Save/Temp Save has nothing to do to make the Game hardcore, it’s simply an pause-Button where you can Close your Game and shut down your PC:… this is an compromise which even i would accept and wouldn’t breakt the mechanics because if you want to have an proper save you still need to use bed or schnapps…

But this is the game, it was spelt out from the beginning what it would be.

2 Likes

If you can’t play the game for 5 mins to earn Quick cash 500 in 5 mins “Act FAST!* then play another game…

Nothing wrong with me, you are the 1 having the problems with life and gaming. i manage ok thank you.

2 Likes

I see it as a waste of time and resources. I’d rather they focus on implementing features that had to be cut due to time constraints, which they are adding in later.

The reasoning behind it is basically " it’s too hard and i have responsiblites like everyone else in this world".

1 Like

Just because you manage, doesn’t mean that he can. What is wrong with a simple option that can cater to both audiences?
You get the hardcore mode, we get an easy mode. You don’t have to use the easy mode if you don’t want to. You can ignore it completely.

2 Likes

Ehh no, for developers like Warhorse and this big it shouldn’t be that hard to implement an Temp/Suspend Save. It’s actually simple an save which deletes itself once you load it and save when you quite the Game… so no - this shouldn’t take much “time” and “ressources”…

/edit:
And by the way - even Dark Souls which is widely considered, even by core-gamers to be an core game, allow you to suspend…

2 Likes

Fast travel from Talmberg to Rattay, you’ll probably be stopped 1-3 times by bandits or boars or whatever. Kill and loot and you’ll have enough money for 10 schanpps so you can save 10 times when your child cries.

3 Likes

I am sorry but I am adult with family too and how does this mechanic prevents you from play? If you have a young kids who need change or feed pause the game while you do that and then continue playing afterwards. Do you always need to save game turn of your pc/console to check on your kid?

If you get interrupted by kids or work you can always pause and continue later. If you need pc for your work you can even just minimize the game and everything stays there for you. These reasons dont make any sense. To me it feels like you are just saying this because you got killed in game in middle of quest and now you just raging because of that…

3 Likes

My point is they shouldn’t have to. The saving system has been a known thing for over a month, and the game was always marketed as a hardcore realistic rpg.

2 Likes

Dear Devs, your game is perfect. Change nothing. Just fix the bugs. Thanks -

3 Likes

Agreed. This saving system was already announced well in advance. I think more than just month in advance. It seriously puzzles me how some people can complain about game doing what it was advertised to do.

3 Likes

However this doesn’t make it “Hardcore Realistic”. The Savegame-System of KCD isn’t there so you have an hard time for “Quitting your Game” it’s there to set “Checkpoints” for the Game for yourself. So if you use too often the Schnapps or save wrong time like to early, you will have an hard time once you fuck up and have to replay everything. It’s an Risk an Reward mechanie. Don’t use to often, don’t to early, you should get an Feel when you save, and an Suspend/Temp Save wouldn’t change that. It simply would put temporarly an Savegame if you have to leave etc. Like i mentioned it’s like to pause in the Game, but where you also are allowed to shut down your PC. This wouldn’t influence the overall experience…

1 Like

Even though I backed the Kickstarter, I havn’t been following every update. As long as I knew it was still coming out, I didn’t want too much spoiled for me, so I didn’t follow many of the updates. I had no idea this system was in the game until I started.

5 Likes