Poll: Main Characters face, Yay or Nay?

I’m talking more about the way he speaks, not just the tone/pitch. I’m not really into the whole “just pretend he’s faking it” shit, I’ve been sick of that since fallout 4. He should sound and look neutral.

That only makes sense for games in which you create the character from a blank slate. Not a story driven game where the character has a set past, future, and look.

I don’t agree, not for RPGs in which you can make so many different decisions. Having a personality that is biased towards one type of decision making isn’t right.

In example, you can choose to murder people to solve problems. But if there’s a scene where he sounds all sappy, and I can’t avoid that outcome, I see that as an issue. The character would seem bipolar, the only way round this is to make him neutral.

I’m really confused as to how you can judge the characters personality without having played the game. We’ve heard probably around ten lines from him so far.

Again, murdering people doesn’t change your voice and make you sound like some evil villain all of the sudden. Not to mention the time frame of this game is quite short. I’m recall it being only a few months, which is why Warhorse said there would only be one season (summer) in the game. Your personality isn’t going to drastically change in that amount of time generally.

That would ruin cutscenes completely. There are going to be events in the story that are probably dramatic and if he’s just droning on in some monotone voice while everyones voice is filled with emotion it would ruin the whole cutscene.

You should probably go back and read the Kickstarter page, and other things written by Warhorse describing the game. This isn’t a Skyrim like RPG where you mold a characters personality, Henry has many things already set in stone about him. This game is very story driven, so what you do unrelated to that will probably have very little effect.

And considering the main “villains” of the game are Cuman’s who murder an entire village. Something tells me Henry will not be doing the same, unless of course you go on some unscripted massacre and break the game.

As I said already, it’s the way he speaks. Is it not normal to hear someones personality in the way they speak?

We know there will be options in quests to do not so nice things, not just randomly killing people for no reason. RPGs tend to have different paths you can take, usually some make the character seem better, or worse as a person. I’m saying that from what I’ve heard, the WAY he speaks (not just tone/pitch) doesn’t come off properly as someone that would look to violence to solve problems over diplomacy, etc, even though we know for a fact that will be an option in quests. Too innocent maybe?

He should have emotion, but not ones that clash with canonical options you have in game. Again, I’m not talking about just randomly murdering people, but options in quests. This is really just a matter of taste/opinion, I know people that would resort to violence quickly COULD and do sound like that in real life, I just don’t think it’s the right choice of presentation for a character that needs to suit multiple courses of action - Subterfuge/diplomacy/violence.

Not always no. People act very differently depending on the conditions they’re in, or who they’re around. A lot of psychopathic murders can seem like the nicest people in the world right before they cut your throat open. [quote=“Wicker, post:88, topic:31245”]
RPGs tend to have different paths you can take, usually some make the character seem better, or worse as a person.
[/quote]

True but i think we will shape Henry as a person much less than other RPG characters. Warhorse seems to have a very specific Henry in mind, based off of reading their old blogs and stuff. The old game descriptions make it seem like we’re simply along for the ride and that we won’t really change the out come of much.

Well i covered this above. But it also could be that we’ve only heard voice lines from early on in the game. Also this game only covers around a 3 month period i believe. Maybe he will sound a lot “harder” in later games as he becomes more jaded.

Well we’ll see when the game comes out i suppose. I secretly think you’re just jealous of Henrys good looks. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope so. Could happen a bit in this game if he sees enough of war.

1 Like

He’s getting 40 in just two years.

Once again, the beard saves him. Without it he’s ugly. With it, he looks like he knows what he’s doing.

2 Likes

I realy dont care what his face looks like.

Yeah, he’s very ugly in every single version they made!

2 Likes

The last one totally looks like Murphy from The100! ahahha

Please, please, pretty please change the face of the main character Henry! Or make the face customisable. Even the old character (alfa/beta) face was way better. I cannot imagine myself playing as this guys and like him. He is supposed to make you feel sympathy towards him and also he is supposed to look like son of local (that means Czech) blacksmith. This guys definitely doesnt look like someone from Czech, have you considered that? I cant wait to play the game, but I know that this face of main character will make me feel unpleasantly during gameplay.

2 Likes

Well, I’m sure that Tom McKay is a really likeable guy indeed, but his appearance and his very voice are way too British. It is not good or bad by itself, but since the main hero is going to be a Czech, save the accent, I think a more Slavic face would better suite.

1 Like

We’re not pure Slavs like the Russians, Czechs are a mixture of Celts, Germans and Slavs. Main hero face is great and his voice is badass (maybe too badass, he sounds like 40 year old war veteran, not a 20 year old naive youngster).

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t mean to say I want to see a pure Slavic face, but a less Saxon one. By the way, Russians are no pure Slavs as well. Contemporary Russians are a mixture of Finno-Ugric, Kipchaks, Mongolians, and Slavs.

Well technically speaking there is no “pure” ethnicity in Europe, the whole continent is a ginormous mixture. But as Slavs go, Russians are definitely the least mixed, much less than the Western or Southern Slavs.

Plus Henry doesn’t look too Saxoney. If you want to see a true uber-Saxon look at Geralt, the great hero of old Slavic myths lol.

1 Like

Russians are definitely not the least mixed. They are very mixed, maybe even as much as czech. Ucranianas are probably most slavic of the slavs.