PS4: RDR2 and KCD

Read at your leisure

How do you know what i play, or what i played???

Themes like this one are ridiculous. People compare games that should not be compared, and talk about something they don’t understand.

Well have you played them both? if you haven’t by your logic then you are talking about shit you know not about, wouldn’t it.

You post links to articles about rock star devs being overworked complaining how horrid this is(oh the humanity), all the while calling Bethesda lazy devs bums. make up your damn mind. where is your game you lazy shit.

Many concepts for games came not from a game dev, many game devs altered their games because while technically sound the concept was not enjoyable and only an outsiders view could direct them.

I wish you the best of luck with your game. judging by your attitude you are sure as shit going to need it. now get off this forum and back to developing you “lazy bum”.

And yet, WH is aiming for GOTY and has encouraged its players to vote. Slam WH with the same level of vitriol, produce an argument of substance, or put a sock in it

Some people understand more about software and CSV than you know

A reminder that Prokop has a grad degree in econ

He has given his fare share of criticism of warhorse. that they downgraded for consoles, going so far as to get a refund because the release game did not reflect the beta. so much for his suggesting if they had more money and people they can make a better game. hell if they had not released on console there is a high chance there would of been a lot less of both now, even with his apparent refund .

I don’t know why you are getting so much flack in fairness, your original post acknowledged in part the obvious complexity in making a comparison between the two games and studios. All I got from it was a wish that they at the very least try raise the bar and not fall back on a, a well it is console version what do you want.

So they "fixed" the rain by downgrading it and removing effects! (PS4) I hope this is a bug.

Ok… Read it. Still don’t see your point. You think Fallout 4 is the only modable game on pc? I mean if those are the only 3 things you can do with a pc you would have a point. However with a gaming pc it’s easier to list the things you can’t do. Which is of right now the only thing you can’t do is play rdr2 since you can get PSnow and play every other great game on ps4 all the way back to ps2. With emulators you can play almost every game ever made. You are also getting the best version of them all with most of them being manually configurable to your liking. Almost every game is modable. Also I’m willing to bet you already have a pc in your house now for the internet and whatever else you use it for… Games on steam and sites like gog, gamivo, etc are almost always cheaper. Older games are usually next to nothing if not free.

But you’re right if those 3 things are the only thing you are going to use it for then by all means don’t use one. You’re loss.

I still don’t understand what point you are trying to make.

I would say that’s a pretty smart thing to do for any small development company that just released their first game.

Again, what’s your point?

Those are the only 3 on PC I’m interested in. That’s it. I don’t play other PS4 games that are given to me. It’s that simple.

I have a PC for RL. That’s enough.

I keep RL and play life separate. My choice.

When I select a marketed product, I expect it to work as advertised. There are and were specific claims made by WH/DS. I expect them to make good on them. It’s that simple

That reply was to you?!

I said you were right. If those were the only 3 things you were going to use it for then yeah don’t get one. However don’t start a thread on warhorses forum comparing rdr2 and kcd to prove a point that consoles are almost as good now, because they aren’t. Does the ps4 still come with a 5400 rpm drive in it? That truly is next-gen. I think I built my first pc in 2005 and it had a 7200 rpm drive in it.

You can talk about how awesome rdr2 is all day long, but the simple fact is it will be way better on pc. No one said that what Rockstar accomplished with rdr2 on ps4 couldn’t be accomplished. If they did I sure as hell didn’t see it. Just because I said kcd had to be downgraded to run on consoles has nothing to do with Rockstar and rdr2.

Sooo I still don’t understand the point you are trying to prove here.

Does it matter? I didn’t know we were limited to who we could reply to here.

What does that mean? I never compared console performance to PC performance. I compared RDR2 console performance to KCD console performance.

You tell me. I’m trying to figure out what you are arguing about.

Then, take my words in context

And once again, warhorse is not Rockstar… So why did you compare rdr2 to kcd on consoles?

Read the last sentence of the the 1st post

Btw, the whole fricking game industry compares games so if you have a problem with it, take it up with the industry

Again? Ok then

The money spent on RDR2 was worth it just to see the PS4 handle all the things PC snobs said couldn’t be done on console.

OK read it… Again. Can you link a post where anyone here said that Rockstar couldn’t accomplish what they did on consoles?

WH threads include references to the limits of consoles… consoles to handle popins, etc. that ground has been ploughed. Your ignorance of Daniel’s tweet to Potestaquisitor and its relevance to console popins was instructive on this matter.

v1.7 and RDR2 validate the notion that it wasn’t a console limitation per se (as suggested by Christian himself when asked about Rattay race … potentially as a performance qual test). When WH put their back into it, they delivered not only the Rattay race but the round trip Rattay race

But there are limits to consoles and that was the reason for pop ins. Yeah they got it working now after downgrading the game even further than when it released. How do you think textures are loaded anyway?

I’ve already mentioned the game was delayed so they could release it at the same time as consoles as it wasn’t planned on being released on consoles at all. You are correct they should of had it working before they released the game though. I don’t know the reason why they didn’t unless they just didn’t want to delay the game further.

I do know that rdr2 has been in development for a long time and was targeted for consoles for day 1. So once again there is no reason to compare them.