Questions and Answers Radzig not at Lookout

@username1 I also did everything as you (old saves, different solutions in Merhojed,…) + trying to attack Radzig with my bow on his way to Neuhof (he starts running, but ends in Neuhof again), attack him while he was staying in Neuhof, attack horses, etc. Absolutelly nothing helped.

2 Likes

Hi all!

##possible spoliers##

I think I’ve found the route of the problem and it may solve quite a few quest no-show bugs.

I’ve had the no-show bug appear on “Playing With The Devil” quest, where one of the ladys did not show up when instructed to meet them at the crossroads, and then the quest pinged a couple of nights later (“follow the ladys into the woods.”)

The woman was trapped at the side of her bed, acting like she was seeking after detecting someone trying to sneak about (stealth attempt fail dialogue).

With the Sir Radzig bug (no horse), I found him standing off from the side of his bed in Rattay, upstairs in the castle bit near the lower keep, where you get a bed, right off the meeting/feasting hall that you have cutscenes with Sir Radzig at Rattay. He got up as soon as I went in the room and then marched off. I had a word with him about the quest and he sent me to find manhart.

From the look of it, the bug in essence has to do with their sleeping arrangements.

I can certainly say the Lady in the house was in nightwear and appeared to be trapped just by a bed, Radzig got up and walked out as soon as I laid eyes on him.

Since I had not seen Sir Radzig since the end of the quest, where you kill the guy who nicked your sword, and I was quite contextually close the the Lady that was bugged in the devil quest, it might be a spawning/despawning issue where it could be that the pathfinding reverts to a default position (IE the bed) and resumes pathfinding, but halts as there are 2 lines of command for the NPC to follow and has no way of prioritizing. This then is overtaken by needs such as sleep, and it finds the nearest location the NPC is allocated to sleep. So it just keeps them in one place when ordered to. This puts the NPC into a “look at the wall and sleep” loop.

If in doubt, get them where they sleep!

Hi, thanks for the thoughts. For me, your ideas didn’t work, sadly. I think this quest is broken in about 20 different ways, since people are reporting all sorts of issues with it. The different platforms (PC, PS4 and xBox I believe) all seem to have major issues handling this quest (and a few others) but all exhibit different symptoms.

Regarding the Playing With The Devil quest, I had no issues, but the underlying cause could be related. If waiting around a few nights eventually updated the quest, it is possible the character was “in transit”. Similar things happen a lot in this game; Brother Nicobius from the monastery jogs to Merjohed, which you can see if you ride ahead and sit around. I even rode past him. This makes it difficult to know whether a quest is failing to update because a character is moving or if there is a larger issue, although it does have the benefit of making the game more immersive when it works.

I don’t believe that Radzig is tied to a quest update in this way; the quest objective says to go to the Talmberg Lookout to report, and a marker appears on the map. The game is therefore not waiting for Radzig to arrive before updating, it is waiting for the player to speak to Radzig at that location (the difference being one relies on player input, and the other does not). As I mentioned, for me Radzig was not in Neuhof before I (the player) learned about the quest. He was there afterwards. And this was after manually riding to Merjohed and back; my point is that it seems he is “set” to go to his next objective upon certain player-driven events. So learning about the plague actually either tells him “lookup your next objective location. Go to location. Wait for update”, and somehow this is leading to him going to Neuhoff, or he is spawned there at that point. Which makes me wonder, is the issue actually to do with the beginning of the quest.

Imagine Radzig has a table: 1) Rattay 2nd floor 2) Neuhoff 3) Talmberg Lookout
So he is supposed to be in Rattay at the start of the quest, so you can be told to go to Merjohed. At that point, maybe the game updates Radzig with “go to next objective”, so he begins to go to Neuhoff. Then imagine that maybe learning of the plague also sets “go to next objective”, but because Radzig hasn’t reached Neuhoff, it simply makes him go to Neuhoff again, rather than the lookout? The problem could be that Radzig never gets told to go to the Lookout, or is never told to go to Neuhoff; perhaps he is supposed to go to Neuhoff immediately, then to the Lookout after you learn of the plague. If he wasn’t told to go to Neuhoff straight away, if learning of the plague told him “go to next” he would go to Neuhoff when he was meant to go to the Lookout.

I’m just spitballing. Speaking to Radzig and exhausting his dialogue in Neuhoff gives off some dialogue from Henry that implies you are speaking to him in Rattay, not Neuhoff (I think he said something like “here” but contextually it refers to the castle, but it is about a different quest). I don’t know; it is difficult to diagnose an issue like this because fast-travelling takes time, just like manually riding, so you can’t quickly ascertain a character’s location at a given moment.

After reading your post, I did attempt to find Radzig in Rattay next to his bed; a youtube video I happened upon showed this happening too. No matter when in the questline I travelled to Rattay he was not there; he was in Rattay hall sitting around in the Feast Hall on the 2nd floor (before learning about plague), or in Neuhoff leaning against the wall. After learning about the plague, it didn’t matter if it was day or night, he was always leaning. I had to use fast-travelling though; I can’t put hours into checking this again.

So for me, I seem to be having a similar but also unrelated issue. It seems clear that there is something wrong with how the game updates Radzig’s location and maybe current task (idling or moving around living space, etc) in this quest. I thought the save/load bug may have been at fault, but that workaround didn’t fix it for me even though it worked for others.

I would modify your concept from “finds the nearest location the NPC is allocated to sleep” to “finds the nearest location with an allowable task for that NPC”. In Neuhoff, that is leaning against the wall. In Rattay, that may be sitting, sleeping, walking between small-tasks etc. An yes, it is probably looping this because it is waiting for an update that it cannot get for some reason.

I’m tired of this. Everyone seems to have different nuances to the issue. I’m going to demand a refund if the game isn’t patched within the next week; you wouldn’t accept a movie that plays perfectly for the first half of the runtime then goes black. You wouldn’t accept a hamburger that was perfectly cooked on the side you begin eating then halfway through is uncooked. Same here.

My apologies for the long post. I’m a little bit tipsy and I like typing.

I agree with most of what you say. The task and location updates for NPC’s needs work, and possibly Radzig could have been “broken” from the end of the raid on Runt by my best guess.

Although I do agree partially, this game brought me on board with the ambition of it (also lack of wizards… I hate wizards). Creating a systemic game on a scale like this is a challenge. It appears that it has sold well and will be getting resources to finish what they started.

Although the balancing is off in some areas, quite a fair amount of the subsystems are complete and quite compelling!

The sad reality is that it is broken at the moment. It’s an unstable build with some clear optimisation issues and serious glitching leading to a number of very frustrating game-breaking moments.

The next big patch will be the test to see if it’s going to sail. Hopefully they have discovered the big issues that are causing the issues. Xcom 2, Witcher 3 and ARK are similar case examples to this type of endeavour and how it will be judged.

I think I will give it a bit longer than the next patch, but pathfinding and quest systems need to have a serious improvement. I just hope they understand the gamble of releasing a broken game. Steam refunds stand and although I am very much enjoying upgrading alchemy, the side quests, and upgrading my gear; I would like to move to the next challenge the game is setting me.

I will be asking for my money back if I have to wipe and start fresh. Hopefully they will just fix it and I will wake up with a lovely quest marker for the next bit, and I will be blowing the fanfare for this game and I’ll be happy with the price for a working version.

Roll on next update! I’m off to go look for mods that fix things.

(I get a bit ranty! and also love typing!!)

1 Like

Eloquently put. Until it broke to the point at which I could not proceed, I was sincerely enjoying the game. The combat is challenging but interesting, the story is quite good (although some of the voice actors get samey, especially the Miller’s voice actor. Also, Radzig is played by the same person who voiced Miller in Arma 3. His performances are a little stilted) and overall the game is fun.

I especially like that there isn’t any supernatural elements.
SPOILER START
I got worried when I came across the ghost-neighbour quest, that I might have to fight a ghost or something, but instead the quest went rationally implying that the woman’s worries were from her own sense of guilt.
SPOILER END

I really do hope that they get this fixed. It is a good game, certainly. I just worry about the entire industry’s culture these days; release your game incomplete and broken, doesn’t matter, just release a 20gb patch on day one and keep patching. In the 90s and early 00s developers couldn’t update post-release. They had a choice between offering a recall or swap with a new cartridge/CD, or simply release a 1.1 version quietly. This meant that developers were given more realistic deadlines and incentive to release a product that works at least basically.

I think the crux of the issue for me, however, is simply that this is an issue with the main quest line. If it was side-quests, I would understand. If it were extremely unlikely scenarios, I would get why the issues happened. But this is affecting the main story; you’d think that bug-testing and play-testing would focus on the main story. When releasing a game you know that over 90% of players will play all of the main quest at least once, whilst perhaps 20% of players will complete every sidequest. This means that it makes more sense to ensure the experience of the majority of players is a good one, and that is done by QA for the biggest and most important parts.

Oh well. I guess the community will fix it if the devs don’t, but that in itself is disconcerting, since its a full-price game; it should be devs fixing it, not modders.

Let’s hope this matter is resolved soon, eh?

Ok, so what is the official word on this? Because i kind of want to know if i have to reload a save game from 20 hours ago (did a LOT of side quests). I am truly pissed of at this. I can accept a lot of bugs, and I have thus far. But a game-breaking bug like this, where the MAIN QUEST LINE can’t be finished - thats something I’ve almost never seen before in a game.

Found Radzig in Ratay. Conversation options were wrong. Went back to the lookout. No cutscene, no Radzig. Returned to Radzig in Ratay. No dialogue options, no mission. I can understand some minnor bugs in game but not a breaking bug in main quest. This game is over for me. Pity :frowning:

1 Like

got the same issue here on PC steam. No quest marker. I’m trying to do the whole running back and forth from the camp and sleeping there, but nothing is working. all hungry for 1.3!

Got the same issue with Steam version. Sir Radzig is standing there at Neuhof, doing nothing. Can’t progress anymore.
Got to admit that I was enjoying the game so far (had a caouple of quest breaking bugs, but was able to workaround them) but problem with the main quest? Man, as a software engineer, I’m insulted by the work of your devs and especially QA. Too bad that this game ended up a waste of money for me.

1 Like

Ok, so how do I contact the developers with this? Because this isnt acceptable. I would be satisfied with an assurance that they will fix it in an upcoming patch, but this silence is making me mad as hell. It basically feels like they are saying “Oh so you wanted to finish our game that we made? Well too fucking bad for you. Reroll and hope this bug doesnt happen again when you get to it in 20 hours playtime, LOL”

This is unacceptable, just unacceptable.

1 Like

So, right now, I retried all the possible strategies and solutions that were provided here by you, great folks. But none of them worked. And then, my character went insane and slaugthered everyone starting in Neuhof, then in Merhojed, Samopesh and finalizing his rampage in monastery. So it seems that one boi can conquer pretty neat territory. Done, game deleted. First rage quit of my life.

1 Like

Right, so I reloaded from the Runt fight, and I was wrong - it was 30 hours of gameplay that i would lose. Well, no matter, thought I. But when I went to report to Radzig at the lookout. HE. WAS. NOT. THERE. SAME BUG!

WHAT THE F-CK! I am literally fuming now. Deleted all save files in a rage and am considering demanding a repurchase. This is just crazy. I’ve never been fucked like this by a game before.

2 Likes

Been having the same issues here, its getting really frustrating and beyond ridiculous. I have submitted bug reports, support, and haven’t heard anything about how to fix it. I even talked to a WH member on the discord, and he basically just told me “well he has to be out there somewhere”. I haven’t seen anyone from WH even address this issue, which is kind of sad.

1 Like

I attempted to request a refund on steam. I had logged 37 hours and 46 minutes of playtime (10 of which were trying to solve this problem). They refused on the basis that I had played for more than two hours, despite the fact that there is no way to actually know about this bug until you’re at least 20 hours in.

Here is what I said in my refund request:

I am requesting a refund because the game is broken.

This game is an open world RPG game. It has a main questline, and side quests. We all expect that there will be bugs in new open world RPGs, but this one is different. It breaks in the main questline.

The main questline has the player fight a large and difficult battle, and then moves them to Rattay. You then must go north to Merjohed to interrogate a bandit, and report your findings to Sir Radzig at the Talmberg Lookout. In the previous quest, Sir Radzig was in another location, Neuhoff.

The player goes to Merjohed, but is forced to cure a plague in a sidequest before they can speak to the bandit (unless they lockpick). This requires going to the Monastery.

I list these locations because they are burned into my brain now. They all happen to be on opposite sides of the large open world map.

The problem: after interrogating the bandit, you must go to the Talmberg lookout to speak to Radzig. Except he is not there; he is in Neuhoff. Sometimes in Rattay. And when you speak to him in these locations, he will not allow you to progress with the quest.

No matter what I try (I have put over 10 hours into attempting to find a workaround for this issue) Radzig never goes to the Talmberg Lookout. This means that the rest of the main questline is locked behind this one event. Why does Radzig fail to go to the Lookout? The only explanation after my testing is poor coding and assumptions on the part of the developer. Since this issue is extremely prevalent among the playerbase, on all platforms, I can only imagine that Quality Assurance, bugtesting and playtesting was inadequate.

I detailed my attempts and thoughts on the official forum for the game (I am “username1”) Questions and Answers Radzig not at Lookout

There has been silence from the developer on this issue.

If you bought a digital movie on Google Play and the first half was great, but the second half was simply a black screen, you would demand a refund.
If you bought a hamburger and the first bite was delicious, but the middle of the burger was not cooked, you would demand a refund.

Even reaching this game-breaking bug requires playing until that point. The game uses a new form of combat system and takes time to get used to, and generally many of the systems are unfamiliar; this means it takes a “significant playtime” to even reach the point where you find out that the game is broken. This is a game that you only begin to reach that “endgame” when you’ve been playing for 70 hours, according to reviewers.

I was enjoying this game a lot. I am extremely annoyed and tired of developers/publishers releasing games unfinished. This, though, is a unique issue. Even in the most buggy of games, you can usually at least complete the main storyline.

For these reasons, and the ones I made on the game’s official forums under the name “username1” at the page Questions and Answers Radzig not at Lookout

I request a refund for this game. Developers should not be rewarded for such issues. And consumers should at least be able to trust that games they purchase are not so badly bugged.

(NB: many workarounds have been suggested for this issue on the forums, in the steam forums, and on YouTube. I have tried them all. Nothing worked. I want my money back. Thank you for reading.)

Here is what they sent in response:

We have reviewed your refund request.

We are unable to refund this purchase to your CARD ending with ## at this time. Your playtime of an included product exceeds 2 hours (our refund policy maximum).
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Playtime: 37 hours 46 minutes

Purchased: Feb 18, 2018 GMT

Requests are considered on a case by case basis and are not typically issued for purchases of released products that are more than 14 days old, or if the purchased product has more than 2 hours of playtime. For in-game items the refund period is 48 hours and the item must not have been consumed, modified, or transferred.

To learn more about the refund process, please visit http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

I am questioning whether they actually bothered to read my refund request. Steam is willing to sell broken products, and unwilling to help when they facilitated the sale of a faulty product. Therefore, I will not be using Steam again. Disgraceful. Their policy on refunds only makes sense if you find the game-breaking bug within 2 hours; you’ve all played this game for over two hours, so I’m sure you’ll agree that the first four hours are rather limited in exposure to the game mechanics generally, let alone the story.

Warhorse released a game that has not been tested. They have been payed already. Many of us paid for the game through Steam. Valve gets a cut on that sale. Valve is, as far as I am concerned, complicit in the new industry paradigm of “release the title, earn money, cool now we can afford to actually make the game we already sold”.

1 Like

Sucks man. I know i will not get a refund either. I mean its been 2 weeks, and a MAJOR quest breaking bug still hasn’t been addressed? Yea, I’m pretty pissed myself. I mean not even a mention if they are fixing it or not…

Yeah. The main problem as it seems for me is that developers are not even speaking up about this issue. A simple world from devs that they are working on it and will release fix in upcoming patch and a lot of this frustration would go away. I personally would agree to wait a couple of days. Week maybe. But silence for me means that they don’t give a poo about their product and relations with the community. I will never buy any game from this developer ever again. And will do my best to get that refund on steam.

the game designers are adressing the problem, i have a small conversation on Twtitter with Vávra

Here you can see the Progress of patch 1.3 and the issue with this bug

You think that’s bad, I’ve got over 90hrs and can’t advance the questline… a main questline. I hope when they fix this they do so for those of us who are currently stuck on it so we can finish the game, and not just preventing it from happening in the future. I don’t care if it’s a console command to kill the quest and restart / kill it. I already did everything needed including curing the village.

This is good to hear. I would imagine main quest bugs would be of prime importance. I just wanted to make sure it wan’t just me, so now I can ignore it for now and continue to rob everyone blind lol.

Jesus christ man its been three weeks and we still don’t have a MAIN QUEST FIX?!?!?!?!

3 Likes