R2 ps4 not working

Yeah it sucks, we can only hope they will manage to fix it in the upcoming patch, pretty much unplayable (as much as i hate to use the word) right now.

Thank God itā€™s not just me having the R2 issue.

It was, weird that it works fine everywhere but combat.

Iā€™m a little concerned that none have the devs have at least responded to say that theyā€™re aware of the bug like they responded to the patch version issue.

They did say that they are trying to bring out the new patch, I would recommend just playing through the tutorial and skiping the one part that requires the R2 attack, atleast so you get a little bit of play out of the game

To be precise it doesnā€™t work anywhere outside of the menus. But good to know that this is a more widespread issue (earlier I was wondering if it was maybe just my controller) since thereā€™s a chance theyā€™ll look into it soon.

I tried 3 different controllers and then tried all three of them on Warframe just to make sure that itā€™s not my controllers

What Iā€™m wondering is how widespread of an issue this really is. I doubt it affects all of the base PS4 users, since then every message board would be flooded with complaints, but at the same time it sure does affect quite a few (as evidenced by this topic).

i have been playing for several hours now this is the only glitch i encountered and yes its a glitch that only happens during the tutorial just keep on pressing it till to works dont worry only happens in tutorial. hope they fix it soon

Think it could possibly be a PlayStation model issue? There are multiple base PS4 models out, maybe we all have the some model and it wasnā€™t fully tested on that model? Used to happen all the time back in the PS2 and PS3 days

Going to test this out right now, hopefully itā€™s the same for all of us, I almost beat the whole tutorial session Iā€™m pretty sure

Same issue for me as well. PS4 base console, R2 works in the menus, doesnā€™t work in the fist fight or the wooden sword tutorial. Iā€™ve fought and beat the drunk, sold his items, got the sword component from the castle on the top of the hill and thatā€™s it so far. Had the same issue pre patch and now after the patch i started a new game and still have no r2.

UPDATE: Tried pushing closer to the controller as was suggested and it works. Iā€™m putting my finger between the trigger and the controller in that little gap and pushing down r2 and it works probably 80% of the time, though itā€™s much harder to fight like this.

I just switched my R2 button with circle in the PS4 settings.

It works fine.

I have to use R2 in the menus and to skip dialog and to run but thatā€™s OK.

This is definitely just and issue with R2 not working in combat.

1 Like

Great solution really

Yeah, itā€™s like they just forgot to code the R2 button to work in combat.

It works everywhere else in the game.

1 Like

Check my post above. I was having the same problem. Itā€™s not that it doesnā€™t work, itā€™s where you push r2. Still needs to be fixed for sure.

How do you change buttons? There is no menu for it in the game.

in playstation settings, not ingame. just change r2 to r1 and thats it.

1 Like

R2 does not work after the tutorial either. I ran back to the starting area after progressing through the story a bit and st no point has the R2 worked in combat. See how it goes back and forth ? For some people there controllers work if you press the button a certain way or some saw it works after the tutorial. Iā€™m here to say that is not true for most of us who have this issue Iā€™m betting. I guess Iā€™ll delete my data and restart the game once again. AFTER a real fix/patch is introduced

I know some people in the U.S and other countries probably bought there PS4 systems through QVC or other like minded retailers who buy there units from Canada , and I guess there are slight differences in the systems depending on where you buy them from but Iā€™m not sure if this is what is causing issues

Glitches are usually random, I hope this gets fixed.
No idea when they submited Patch approval but it usually takes arround 5 days after sumission so I trust at least by end of the week