Rain looks awful

Rain looks like huge rectangles falling from the sky after latest Xbox patch. Anyone else?

:roll_eyes: Need I continue?

1 Like

On PC it looks terrible too, I actually turn in down to high because it looks worse on Ultra. I also get blue screen flickering every time i’m near a stream.

Couldn’t you have searched the past threads for this? We have a lot of duplicate threads on this. The team are looking into it!

1 Like

Sounds like a real problem then

It does request you to look for similar threads before posting, you know.

20180711_180012

1 Like

Let’s not rub it in too much.

Settle down.

? Sorry? Not sure what you’re implying.

On my PC it gives me similar threads that have been posted when I try to make a new thread. I’m guessing this is because the mods don’t want duplicate threads. What do you think its for? :smile:

1 Like

God be with you.

This is new info.

What framerates are you getting in ‘Ultra’ when it happens?

I’ve had one instance of witnessing a low res rain.
It wasnt bad but it revealed that the ‘low res’ rain isnt… it is actually lots of rain drops, layered, but the framerate, if low, in a slideshow scenario, would look like missile command graphics from the eighties.

My instance happened in an older version (1.4x I believe) and whilst it wasnt actaully happening to me- it revealed what was happening/what was causing it…

I could make it happen when rain was coming from multuple directions and the framerate (due to some silly issue crunching the rain effect into a ‘flat layer’) dropped to around thirty (only time I had seen it happen when not around the dodgy building model that kills performance for everyone) (to be fair it was night time in the game, I was in a village somewhere on the map and I may have been near an copy/paste of this dodgy building model (still in game, since release, presently on version 1.6).

Anyhow rain, at low framerate, when the effect is parsing a few layers together, creates a real slowdown, noticable in bottom third of screen, that isnt low res… so much… just so much rain… that the combined drops make it look like it has ‘edges’.

At high speed it is just ‘a heavy storm’.

I have a powerful PC so my framerate at 4k res in the rain is between 40-60 FPS depending on where I am. The higher I have the setting the more it looks like fat white lines running down the screen. Also sometimes I see the rain blowing in from the left and right at the same time. I’m not really a complainer and it doesn’t bother me much, but beyond high it just looks bad. Also beyond high the water on npcs from the rain in dialogue, the wet spots stay still while the npcs move around and it just looks glitchy.

I have had 4 instances of mine craft rain so far. one soo so bad at night that there was only blackness and wide white jagged streaks