Random Events - increase/decrease/debug please implement in the game

Hello Henrys

Just for some people that don’t get random events anymore I thought this might be helpful.
I was searching how to get my random events back and found this.

You can debug random events and increase their appearance.
All you need is restricted console variables unlocker mod ( nexus mods )
Replace whgame.dll in your data folder and type in console or create user.cfg

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug ( 0 default / 1 debug ) I set to 0 right after that
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled ( 1 default (my setting) / 0 didnt have encounters )
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset ( 0 default / 1 chance increase )

Seriously these are the things that should be implemented in the game like random events increase/decrease I think debug too.

I dont have it confirmed but it works for me and ofc at your own risk. thx

2 Likes

Hello,
Should I set wh_pl_randomeventsdebug to 1 or 0?
Thanks.

Thanks for saving me the time. I’ve been studying console commands for this mod about which does which. Setting the wh_pl_randomeventsdebug to 0 has helped with my random encounter problem.

Yeah it really works! Thanks.

Can I ask ? what is the version of the game you have ? i’m trying to do that on 1.3.1 GOG version, but it doesnt work for me. I have changed 1 byte in WHGame.dll file as instructed, and tested with the wh_env_CloudSpeed = 50 command successfully . I’ve been trying to set wh_pl_randomeventsdebug to 0 and wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled to 1, but still no joy, i’m afraid it might work with steam version only ;(

Sorry, but it doesnt work on gog it says that on restricted console variables unlocker nexus.

Are you patching the dll file manually or trying to use the one from Nexus? If you’re on Gog you need to do it yourself.

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug ( 0 default / 1 debug ) I set to 0 right after that
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled ( 1 default (my setting) / 0 didnt have encounters )
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset ( 0 default / 1 chance increase )

What do you mean “i set it to 0 right after that”? Right after what? What are the correct settings to fix the issue? Also, any way to test if it works or not? Sorry im a new player on 1.3.1 steam… Also thank you very much

You want to set it to:

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug 1
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled 0
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1

Then try some fast travelling, that’s how I tested it this morning, also on Steam and I had two attacks whereas yesterday I played about 5 hours and nothing at all happened whilst fast travelling.

Sweet thanks! I have been waiting to start my game, waited until 1.3.1 and then saw this bug and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Does this also let fast travel take Fog of war, or do you think it was an intended change to not unfog during fast travel?

I’m at a point in my game where there’s no fog so I couldn’t answer that one sorry.

I copied and pasted what you have in a user.cfg. after installing the DLL. Since i dont have a save in the game i used this one:

The first save “Virgin Henry at Rattay. All loot in the chest. All Map Explored. All Treasures but XX and XXIV north of skalice collected.”

It i guess is very early i nthe story… I have fast traveled like 5 -10 times all around the wrold and dont get stopped. Am i doing something wrong? Do i have to turn wh_pl_randomeventsdebug to 0?

So what I would do if I was you. - first check if you have on or off cooldown so type wh_pl_randomeventscooldonwsenabled just to see your default settings.

(I think I had it on 1 by default and so you should have. I had the encounters I basically increase them by typing 1 to basechancerunoffset.)

Then debug -
wh_pl_random eventsdebug 1 and switch to 0 right after that (why leave it on 1 for debug right?)

then wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1 or 0 ( the whole option is -1/0/1)
I set it to 1 so the amount of encounters increase -1 is probably decrease a lot

I think it was intended change but not sure

download this https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/391?tab=files

change your whgame.dll in win64

and in console type the debug code and set 1 then type it again and set 0
if you want to increase the chance of getting encounter type
wh_pl_randomeventsbasechancerunoffset 1

wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled 1 and I have encounters every few meters :grin:

Hi, I am not the developer and dont have the manual. I just posted what works for me…

I mean that if doing debug you type 1 to start the debug and then 0 and leave it on 0 its just common sense for me.
These are the things that I did and my map is full of random encounters. The problem is that devs should not these commands gets restricted.

maybe if you leave the debug set on 1 it will work too i don’t know. I have it on 0 and it works and that’s important for me

I think and again common sense if you dont have any encounters you want to debug the game so you type the debug command right.

If you have it still so you can increase the chance by wh_pl_randomeventsbasechancerunoffset 1