Refunding a pledge

The word ‘selling point’ usually implies that something will sell based on that, yet the majority of players doesn’t care about realism at all, so it’s hardly a selling point. Not to mention that realism is pretty much the opposite to what a game is.
When you really have a look at the game - nothing about it is realistic, just more realistic than other games, but in turn everything is just more complicated and incovenient - bet that is going to sell so well with todays audience.

In reality, the main selling point of the game will be the great graphics and world design. Just sad all of that is wasted on the poor gameplay and content.

By the way, of course the thing they released as a beta can hardly be considered beta by definition. It was missing most crafting features, most weapons, most content, saving / loading didn’t work properly, neither did sleeping, fast traveling. But it’s better that way. Because if the full game has a similar amount of content to the beta, it’s going to flop.

Yeah, it’s not like they could make over 14 million dollars on kickstarter with the first word in the description being “realistic”, and go on to top 30 million. Realism will never sell!

Hmm, nothing about it is realistic, while somehow being MORE realistic than other games? How on earth do you measure that if NOTHING about it is realistic? Hmmmmmmm.

At the end of the day, you have no ability to grasp that there is in fact a big market of people that want a game like this, and you clearly don’t like it yourself. It isn’t going to be turned into another generic piece of shit when it made MILLIONS on the back realism. You’re wasting your time crying that not every game on earth is being made to you personal tastes, that a lot of people want something different, so fuck off=/

4 Likes

Bitch what?!
Well, maybe majority of players around the world doesn´t care about realism, but HUGE majority of backers of KCD definitely care about realism. And there is big market for realistic games (read “As realistic as possible while still fun”, I hope you can process that). Lot of people for instance doesn´t care for FPS games or racing games, yet that doesn´t mean that they wouldn´t sell to other people… Your logic is so faulty that it probably gave me cancer.

4 Likes

Mate, don’t get your panties in a bunch. A game being more realistic than others just means it’s closer to what reality is, yet it’s still a far cry from reality. A 100% real game wouldn’t be fun in the first place.

Also Tsunamik, you are not the majority of players. You spend a lot of time on this forum and probably also learning about this game - you are an enthusiast with a lot of time. Most people don’t bother posting here, most of them don’t even have the time to. Many people probably just think they care about realism until the realize what it would mean for a game.
You should try to spend some more time in the real world instead of getting angry about video games online.

Though it’s quite funny how easily you ‘realism’ nerds are triggered by some dose actual reality.

You don’t understand that something being realistic doesn’t equate to being a 100% representation of reality? Are you that stupid? Realistic =/= Reality, I’m sure you grasp that based on your impressive ability to figure out that some games are more realistic than others. So please, don’t be so dishonest and pretend a single person here, or the devs have claimed to want or be making a 1:1 recreation of reality. You keep stepping between that total straw man, and feigned ignorance about what “realistic” even means. Think you can work on that, buddy?

You’re deluded to the point of ignoring tens of millions being thrown at a game, somehow convincing yourself that no one would like a game you couldn’t. It’s just so pathetic.

Also Cepheiden, you are not the majority of players. You spend a lot of time on this forum and probably also learning about this game - you are an enthusiast with a lot of time. Most people don’t bother posting here, most of them don’t even have the time to.
You should try to spend some more time in the real world instead of getting angry about video games online.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Wicker you talk a lot but you say very little. Basically you are butthurt because I said that this game, that was supposed to be realistic, is only slightly more realistic than past rpgs. Even the moderators get triggered over that.
In reality 90% of sales after release will be due to graphics.

In reality, you aren’t capable of actually responding to my points. Everyone can see you haven’t acknowledged or refuted a thing I said, not sure what you think you’re accomplishing.

6 Likes

The game was always set to be released some time during late 2017, this was stated way back during Kickstarter campaign. Not to mention as others have said it takes time to make a game and even more time to make a good game.

Plus I doubt they’d be hiring big name actors such as Brian Blessed if they where going to cancel, it’d be a huge waste of money, which does not make sense if that’s all they are interested in as you seem to be trying to claim.

I’d rather have a polished, completed game than a hot bug ridden mess.

1 Like

No. Initially they wanted to release Kingdom Come in the end of 2015.

With everything that is going on, if we don’t see a summer 2017 then they will probably delay it till 2018. They shouldn’t try to release it in November, if they do RDR2 will cripple their sales.

They can release the game in october or september. It’s enough time to not to compete with the RDR 2. And i think, if the game even will be dealyed till 2018 , it’s isn’t so bad. However, it’s only my opinion.

That’s one way to look at things.

The other side of it is if you look at what’s come up recently; Knightfall, Exanima, Mordhau, Battle Brothers, a dozen other movies and games, you’ll notice they’re based within the medieval period.

So on your side you have people’s love for Rockstar, so RDR2 will sell well and would be a bad idea for KC:D to release then.

On my side I have people’s sudden re-interest in the medieval period, so RDR2 will fail miserably in sales for a while while KC:D would take the spotlight.

Or we have the middle where both games do well, RDR2 because it’s a sequel to the best Western game out there as well as Rockstar, and KC:D because it’s the most authentic medieval RPG out there and will hold that title until Warhorse comes out with Act II.

That or they could both flop, but the chances of that are null.

There’s approximately a 0.00000000000001% chance that red dead will do anything approaching badly in sales.

You’re right. It was a bit of an exaggeration.

Re checked yes it does say estimated delivery date 2015 and that was only on the PC and Mc etc. not Console, but to be fair it was never a guarantee and from what can recall it was set for roughly 2017 not that long after because that’s the date I know about for a bit.

Also given the Kickstarter funding had only ended ten months before I’d certainly not expect the game to have been finished by then.

They have been updating every so often on youtube, that last video was uploaded two weeks ago.

Personally I’m not panicking yet I know much bigger studios have taken four to five years to complete games this size and larger, I’m not expecting a Studio the size of Warhorse to pump out an open world game that’s 30- 70 hours in a couple of years.

I’m buying both, well technically I’ve already brought my copy of KCD via Kickstarter and I’m already putting cash towards RDR2 I just waiting on to see if they are doing a collectors edition and if so what’s going to be in it etc.

Same. It’s been a long time since RDR and RDR. Wonder why they never thought of making a RDR2.

If that sounds confusing, (R)ed (D)ead (R)evolver and (R)ed (D)ead (R)edemption. I’m wondering why they’re making a (R)ed (D)ead (R)edemption 2 and never thought of making a (R)ed (D)ead (R)evolver 2