Refunding a pledge

They likely held off because of all the money they make from GTA online. Or because they were working on it this whole time, which isn’t that crazy to think about. 4 years this september since gta 5 launched.

Consider this, RDR is an already successful established brand. It’s a game that it is known for having an amazing narrative, great time period, excellent game mechanics and good graphics. Even if a gamer is not interested in the time period, just because it is a well established brand, they will buy the game. Which it will make it harder for KCD to compete. Keep also in mind that Shadow of War releases in August and Battlefront 2 on November. Those are 3 solid game titles to compete against. Yes, there will be an amount of players that will buy most, if not all titles, but normally the majority of players buy one title at the time and focus on it until they are done. Also, keep in mind that these 3 titles have a good amount of replay ability. I have no doubt KCD can sell a good amount of copies to be a success. Iv’e played beta and even with the bugs and how unpolished it is, I feel in love with it. The combat is just awesome and the game really gives you the experience of being in the medieval ages. However, I strongly feel that it would be wiser for Warhorse studio to release without strong contenders. Not because it will do bad in sales, but because Warhorse studios have work so hard in this game that they need this KCD to be a massive success in sales and you can’t have that if you have strong game titles taking away sales.

Rockstar is not making a Red Dead Redemption 2. They’re making Red Dead 3. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a working name.

That might be true, I could be just a manifested dream of @SirWarriant in the end. Who knows.

Interesting conversation in this thread by the way. A lot of passion in the discussion and I see some interesting conclusions next to some fallacies. I just can say that thel development of the game is still going on. A rough rough game at the moment, but it finally is a playable game after years of development and not a technical showcase anymore. And every day the sharp edges are getting a bit smoother.
Please don´t think that the development stands still because there is no movement in the Beta. No visible touchable development. The backer Beta is not updated because it would cost a lot of work to do so, and we want to use this resources for the release version. because that is want we want to create at the end, a finished game.
Yes, considering to our original plan on Kickstarter we are late, and some things changed on the way. But it is impossible to plan an ambitious project like Kingdom Come: Deliverance in every detail and then expect that everything goes according to the plan, exspecially if you walk on a new path. You can just guess and follow your idea. And that is what we do.

10 Likes

Why don’t you show the progress then? So we could see how Kingdom Come looks like, how it plays, et cetera.

Because it is a highly story driven game, and we can´t show so much stuff without spoiling parts of the story. And it is not that we would not show anything. I know the last livestream now is also around four month old:

On the other hand, it is quite difficult to show the progress in the background, that bugs are solved, LODs have been added, the AI system has been optimized, that the load save feature is properly working now. It is very difficult to show this kind of progress directly.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Nope. KCD combat is so much more advanced with better physics than mount and blade. It also has combos. ALSO Mordhau has an even more simplistic combat system, and for honor is in third person, and the combat in that is not nearly as good. I’m doubting you’ve played any of those games.

Why don’t you watch any of the numerous video updates? If you can’t see any progress being made there is simply no helping you.

Thank you for confirming that the game is done and that you guys are working hard to polish it. It is safe to assume then that a late summer 2017 is out of the question?

Man, all the built up fuel unleashed by the OP and some sneaky salt sneaked up upon and bitched about the Realism thing not being a thing for most people…

Nonetheless, it’s not that unreasonable that he’s rather fumed by the delays and the lack of responses that has been presented over and over again. But i think it’s mostly the latest video update was different that brought nothing new to the table for reassurance. (The previous one did tho.)

Well, I watched. No new information, just bragging about “how awesome our game is and how hard we are working to make it even better”.[quote=“I_am_owl, post:89, topic:32428”]
Mordhau has an even more simplistic combat system
[/quote]

Just watch this:

Also, don’t forget about two failed release dates.

1 Like

Sorry, we don´t have a release date yet. I really can´t tell because I don´t know.

Yes, this is the info. It gives general idea of how far the development is, and it is good that someone shares it here and then. Thanks

1 Like

Animations in Mordhau are terrible. :confounded:

1 Like

I requested a refund and was wondering if I was going to get one?

We will take a look into it. Thank you!

3 Likes

I so don’t envy anyone the job of community manager. Dealing with people like petic or mundhalai would drive me up the fucking wall.

You can’t even tell if they’re just dumb or have some psychic illnes like autism, asperger or something. In my view they should be banned, Sure, being an dissatisfied customer is legitimate but they’re like customers who hang around the shop and harass other guests, constantly telling them the owners are criminals and the products cheap trash.

Yeah, no community manager job for me that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Ah, offensive! Also, if you are fine with Warhorse’s disrespect, than go on. I am not going to stop you.