Refunding a pledge

6 Likes

3 Likes

Except for honor isn’t realistic in the slightest, and Mordhau isn’t as realistic as KC:D. Realism is one of if not the main selling point of the game, which you really seem to have a hard time grasping.

1 Like
2 Likes

Game can not be released because it is NOT finished. Just read some last Weekly torches. They are recording dubbing, changing sound effects, creating quests, 2D art is not done…

D. Vavra said in Dec 2016 that game is transfered into beta but it was not truth.
Beta - all features of the software are finished, just bug fixing.

That is what I hate on WH - They are not telling us the truth about developement stage.

1 Like

Well, at first I was making normal threads… But then there was community. And with community came the dank memes.

30 seconds in about. Boom, there you go.

Trolling much?

Does the sound or 2D art seem to be feature to you? Or better said, function?

Word “beta” has some standart meaning in software developement. It doesn’t matter if it is a 2D art or piece of code.

Beta means just bug fixing. So WH did not say truth again.

“Generally”, “feature complete” (i.e. has all mechanisms present).

This covers far more than the pre-release candidates which are usually offered. We had a ‘complete’ set of gameplay mechanics, sufficient with additional assets and testing to provide a competent game - at the same time as having sufficient time to incorporate feedback from a larger audience than the previous incremental ‘alpha’ had available.

There is no doubt that the beta is by comparison to the preceding alpha slice a much more complete demonstration of the design choices offered. It also fully complies with some of the descriptions given for the “beta” in your wiki page i.e. preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP)

As a tester on other projects the WH beta is entirely consistent with the initial “beta” that is offered to internal testers, even if it isn’t exactly a release candidate quality for the final product. That a few planned but not implemented features have been dropped and a few unplanned ones have been incorporated since that milestone, as well as some significant AI and other optimisations made in no way detracts from the viability of the public test version as a beta.

4 Likes

Here you go, @Lieste answered you.

What WH said we were getting last year, was public beta. According to what you say around here, you were expecting CR (candidate release).

BTW I would not recommend you to quote Wiki in things that are not your specialization, because you can run into nasty misinformation.

Do you remember what WH promised in Kickstarter campain?

“When the game is in Beta stage, we will release the full game beta as Early Access on PC (or any other platform where it’s going to be possible) for all backers up from the Knight Tier.”

Then they probably realised they are not able to release real beta version. So they released something like pre-alpha but called it beta.

Nobody from WH said that they will release something different then was promised.

1 Like

Again, we are moving to your definition of Beta.
So I ask you again, what functions were missing? Sound? 2D art? Quests? Complete map? Or maybe resting and time skipping?

I’d say some 2D works and soundfiles could be considered simple data to be used by the actual software of the game.

If you do a retexture mod, you don’t change the software, just swap some image filed. 2D art.

I think it is entirely possible that they are producing replacing placeholder textures and sound files.

Precisely. That is exactly what happened and what is going on. However petic said several times (mostly in czech forums) that in beta this all should be already done and therefore considered as finished part of software.
So according to him, work on 2D art, recording ingame movies, music and whatnot is core feature of software, so it should be all done in beta, more than a year ago.

Seems that WH have not adopted his definition, then…nor many others…

very sad song on a very small violin

1 Like