Roleplay enhancing stuff they should add

Adding things like those is far from completing the game. This game has an end. You are not supposed to be a hunter, you are not supposed to settle, you are sticking to the story and that’s it. Most of them might be added with mods and that’s the most you’ll get.

2 Likes

Yes i know. But this is just me thinking out loud. Its not a demand towards devs just me creating my personal medieval simulator. So i can strap in and never leave the matrix :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

In addition to burying treasure I’d love to be able to bury bodies…unconscious ones too…

Few ideas I’ve had while wandering aimlessly through Bohemia:

-FISHING!
-Cooking (give grocers a purpose)
-Eating and drinking animations
-More NPC interactions/events in town, especially at the tavern
-Whistling for horse makes it whinny rather than teleport so you have to follow its sound to find it (optional hold X to teleport it)
-Different merchant stocks in different towns with more player impact on their stock rather than just groschen i.e tailor reinvests in better quality materials once I spend a small fortune at his shop meaning better quality items in the future.
-More wildlife, preferably something aggressive but I can understand it could be weird with this combat system.

6 Likes

Fishing already in game

Yes, but not for poor Henry. All those lovely stretches of river and no chance to set up camp and just legally catch some food.

I think you guys will like this thread:

Can’t agree more :grin:

Maybe some random stuff going on in the taverns-like live music, more random conversations and games. I don’t know what taverns were like back then, but making them more lively would be fun!

But I guess that’s more atmosphere then roll playing.

I like others ideas on camping and tent rolls and making your own fire to camp by. That would bring the mundane stuff to life.

Also some cold weather and survival elements like blankets and warm clothing. But this all sounds like Fallout 4 and Skyrim haha. Anyway, it’d be sweet!

I would love to be able to bury someone I killed. Got a spade already in the inventory. Let me dig a grave, and drop a body in it, and then cover it with dirt. :slight_smile:

Should add:

• Boat on river
  • more animals
  • wagon ( most necessary )
  • Children
  • Arrowgun
1 Like

Burying someone would be great! That’s a good one.

The game does need a stronghold component, though I’m not entirely sure who you would “buy” the land from, as the land is technically owned by the nobles. Best you could probably get would be to lease the land, which is a similar mechanic I suppose.

Potentially better would be Radzig not formally recognizing you immediately (and he suspiciously doesn’t in the game), and instead you are granted knighthood. Actual knights, not generic men-at-arms, received a knights fie - a portion of land anywhere between 1000 and 5000 acres depending upon the quality. If it was largely forest, it would be the latter, and mostly farmland would be the former. Knights would divvy up this land and have their own villeins work various portions. Those villeins might, depending upon their contract, fight on the side of the knight in his retinue.

Potentially, in that case, Radzig or Divish could give the player control of something like Pribislavitz, and the surrounding woodlands. Henry could spend time and money fixing up the settlement, clearing some forest, curtailing bandit raids (and ultimately crushing their presence in the area), finding people to work the land, and constructing various workshops. For this work, he would get income as well as followers that he could equip and train.

3 Likes

there’s already something like that in one of the outcomes of the hanekin hare quest. they kept it plausible. having strongholds would just be a bit too jarring. it seems everyone wants to be famous in this game, yet one of the appeals of the game is that you are a struggler, a petty retinue of your lord. you becoming the lord would just kill the appeal. it’d be like the mafia games with you being the don. it’s be a different style of game

You’re the son of a nobleman, legitimized or not, and by mid game, everyone is calling you a “knight” (which they really shouldn’t unless you’re actually given a knights fie). By the end of the game, you’ve probably killed half a thousand men and are pretty much the sole reason these people have their lands at all. It would actually be an astonishing turn of events in the real world under these circumstances to not legitimize a bastard or at least make a knight out of them.

I’d also add that the huntsman’s cottage, which is a nice touch, is virtually useless. The only thing it offers is a really awful bed or two and a storage chest - which is surpassed by the inn that’s a short walk down the hill, and the option to tell gamekeepers to get bent. If they actually made tanning a thing, and made the quests you get with it a bit more involved it might be worth it.

I think first they should work on guards and crime system that would enhanced the game a lot.

If I commit a crime in Ledecko they souldn’t know that in Sasau in five minutes.
Much higher fines.
The guards should not be attacking you right away.
It’s really annoying when I have a room in Talmberg castle and the guard comes to the room closed the door and start yelling at me that I don’t have a torch in my hand. Come on :grin:

2 Likes

i fou are not supposed to be a hunter then why can you become master hunstmans for talmberg by a quest? in my playthrough i became master hunstman of Talmberg and was given a property as well as hunting materials.

It’s not your main profession dude neither it has sth to do with the story. It’s a side fun thing to do and that’s the most it is needed for hunting. No point to invest more resources on that mechanic except maybe something that is chained with other features, like livestock that people keep asking. kcd is not mainly promoted for its sandboxy features. It’s a historical narrative rpg. Most of you must stop searching for features that was never supposed to be in the game. And here is where mods will help. So just be patient for mods.

No Way for Schmyrim nonesense :smile:

i think you’ve misread the whole thing man… as end content this has nothing to do with the sotry, it just to keep you playing after you finished the game. again it’s a suggestion, not a demand to implement that. besides, every mechanic i said is already in the game beside forging… so it’s not even an invetsment in programming. it’s just giving you your own place to do so. to keep you busy after the main story. I don’t know about you but i rather keep playing for a little longer than complete the story and move on and never look back at the game. Hence they made it an rpg, so you can role play in that erra… How do you even know those features were never given thoughts about by the devs. We all know they had to rush the game out because of the publishers. But yes im sure mods will work those aspects out, nothing worong by posting it here as a suggestion.