Samopesch, Merhojed and Talmberg of today in comparison with Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Hello there!

I became interested in the question of “How do the places in Kingdom Come: Deliverance look like today, in real life?”. So I used the screenshot function of Steam for the game and Microsoft Paint for Google Street View. (In advance, please excuse the bad quality of the Google Street View pictures and the font. Microsoft Paint is responsible for that.)
First, we should compare the maps:

The growth is similar, especial the thin belt of trees between Samopesch and Merhojed. Also similar are the roads in Talmberg and Samopesch (main road).
(Samopše, Mrchojedy and Talmberk are the current versions of the names.)

Here are close-ups of the corner with the tavern in Samopesch:

You can see that the roads are similar.

The little creek…

…and lake or little reservoir in Samopesch:

Now, let’s compare Merhojed:

Also Tamberg is interesting:

Finally let’s look at the quarry in nor’-nor’-west of Talmberg:

I hope you liked it.

If you like you can discuss the comparison and add another ones in the comment section below.

25 Likes

Very cool… Thank you very much for the pictures and tour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice… thank you…

1 Like

This is great man :smiley:

Awesome job… thank you for taking the time. Really cool to see the comparisons

Here is a thread for anyone interested in actually visiting the game area

1 Like

Also this list by @destil

https://foursquare.com/destil/list/kingdom-come-deliverance--tourist-guide

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

Great stuff. The fact this is set in a real place with the traces of its history there to see, makes it all the more compelling.

Good job! :slight_smile:

Broken… :frowning:

haha, is that really where people live? looks like a really horrible desolate place. i’m so glad i live in uk where we’re not in some depressing town like that that looks like they don’t even have electricity, lol

Sarcasm???

You can’t be serious… There are many areas within UK cities where I’ve lived that look like there’s been a war there, as if there were “part of a third world country” (for the sake of understanding, hate this kind of labels): inequality, mountains of rubbish, shitty mold buildings, etc. Well, that’s very far from the luxury shown by the empire’s monarchy weddings.

We all have these things in our countries, don’t pretend your shit smells better as it’s ridiculous :joy:

Edit: If your country is apparently not depressing, why some British people leave the country in summer in hordes to the mediterranean sea countries and jump from hotel balconies to the swimming pool when totally wasted by alcohol/drugs, resulting in many of them death, without forgetting that many of them falsely denounce the hotels because of fake food poisoning to get holidays for free? That sounds like really equilibrated country :smiley: Any country is full of different kind of shit…

Sorry I find this really offensive to UK people, to generalise all english people as drunk/stoned. reported

You’re impressive, first you laugh about some central europe villages and you called them undeveloped and depressing in your UK superiority mentality, and now you get offended by a stereotype generated by some people from your country in summer? Some British do that, some don’t. You don’t have to get offended if you don’t do that. It’s like the stereotype spread by northern countries media saying that all people in Mediterranean Countries are lazy and don’t work. Same thing, it’s a stereotype and generalisation, which doesn’t mean it’s true.

First you offend, later you get offended because you get a reply to your arrogant attitude. That you get offended doesn’t mean that you are right. Enjoy it, cheers :wink:

1 Like

YOU SUCK, SIR! (a clear case of double standards)
…go report me, c’mon! :smiley:

Did i here stereotypes?! I’m German…the whole world calls us Nazis, so calm down :smiley:

@len_von_geist AWESOME, THX!!!

1 Like

Completely unnecessary, this topic is about comparison of real life photos and the game.