Seven Kingdoms (Game of Thrones)

Amazing work lad

1 Like

Same concept but for House Stark:

2 Likes

Thats some hard work you are putting into it buddy.Adding these custom assets to game?it is possible without modding tools yet?

1 Like

making these resources is done with modeling tools like 3ds or maya, they can then be loaded into cryengine. For this you dont neet any tools yet, to put them ingame allegedly you do, however i just saw a mod which added new armor to the game on the nexus, so apparently it is possible without tools as well. If this method is compatible with other mods, now thats a good question…

2 Likes

Only retexturing is possible now. KC:D uses a custom exporter , so we can’t bring custom assets (as in models + textures) until it’s released.

What about this mod then? whereas it uses ingame assets, it does add a new set of armor. So the problem would be just to export the format of the models/textures. and it is only a matter of time before WH either releases the tools, or when someone makes their own…

edit, not entirely correct, as (re)textures can already be implemented, so that just leaves the models…

1 Like

Is this possible to be released to Xbox one as a game to buy? Like other games that were mods that became games, DayZ, PubG, etc.

It uses in-game assets and models that were already compiled. Without the KC:D exporter (a dev confirmed this to me) we can’t get our armor or clothing in game.

You can’t charge money when using third-party intellectual property. Mods based on Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, etc. will always be 100% free or the creators risk lawsuits. No interest in modding consoles anyway, this will be PC only.

3 Likes

I as a retired modder of the lord of the rings: the battle for middle earth 2. I’m utterly impressed by this project’s progress and whish for the best!
on a side note the dev team seems so open to this projects… the sky is the limit!
Good Luck!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Just stumbled upon this thread.

Awesome stuff, keep up the amazing work BlickMang!

Looks awesome, cant wait to play it
when can we expect this mod released?

This looks awesome. Really hope you finish - it looks like a simply huge undertaking.

Early look at House Karstark soldiers:

Early pic of House Frey below. I’m taking a break until tools come out, hard to progress without getting the models in game.

Looking good man! Looking gooooood

when do you expect to finish the whole mode, like july december or 2019? just asking, gj :slight_smile:

this looks great, looking forward to it. just when i thought i won’t play KC:D again :slight_smile:

its dead for now, hopefully will carry on with modding support