Seven Kingdoms (Game of Thrones)

@BlickMang Did you planned to make a tutorial about adding a new armor item ? I have a late 15h sallet model under my elbow :slight_smile:

Some of the common gambeson worn by House Stark soldiers. You’ll also be able to wear this independently using KC:D’s layer system. Made in ZBrush, 3DS, Substance Painter, and rendered in Marmoset.

5 Likes

Good sir, is it possible to make Tywin Lannister Outfit into this mod ? When I play Mount and Blade GoT mod I alway want to wear that outfit. But more importantly THANK YOU for making this mod you’re the best.

1 Like

Yes, very likely. Important characters will wear clothing and armor from the show.

1 Like

I am very excited to play this mod. @BlickMang your Attila mod is amazing would you ever consider making a bannerlord mod or sharing those assets with other modders?

From looking around the forum, it seems that this game won’t be as moddable as we thought. Wouldn’t be better to just make such a complex mod on Skyrim for example which already has established modding community and very extensive tools? From what I see your decision for modding it here is because CryEngine which ironically might be the reason this game won’t be fully moddable. Whatever the case is, good luck in your endeavours.

No to Skyrim, Bannerlord, or any other game. A few reasons:

1. Skyrim is modded to death, it’s an old game with entirely different mechanics. KC:D was chosen because it’s realistic, looks better, plays better, is built with newer technology, and comes from a supportive small studio with high responsiveness to the community.

2. Your idea of what’s possible / not possible with modding seems to be based on a handful of forum threads, mostly by people that haven’t dug into the game data in any sort of detail (no offense – join the Discord server and simply compare the discussion quality and productivity there).

3. Seven Kingdoms is an existing project with 2 years of successful releases for a different game (Total War series), one with a number of larger barriers to mod production. Good games attract good communities, and good communities navigate around these barriers with a little time and effort; for example the Attila community programmed many of its own tools instead of relying on AAA developers who’d rather crank out another title than support their base.

My suggestion is to download the CryEngine SDK and crack open the game data. Everything the project needs to be successful is within the realm of possibility.

8 Likes

I am honestly pretty excited to see your work play out. If you need a gameplay tester, hit me up!

Game of Thrones is an awesome universe, and mixed with KC:D, sounds like quite the dreamy game! I have full faith in you all.

I loved your mod in Attila, btw.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff man. Can’t wait to see how this mod comes together over time. Keep up the good work @BlickMang

I agree with @Tallamy and beside, id like to sign up as playtester as well. I am a developer as well so if you need some help with programming shoot me a message and il see what i can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you been in touch with any WH employee recently and whats the level of their support?.
Yeah they must be working hard on fixing bugs but since you said they are vocal about modding community so you have any recent response from them?

Just give it a little time, they’re busy fixing bugs and we’ll be informed when more information is available. The first priority when releasing a new game is to fix the bugs and major hiccups before focusing on modding. Most games usually release SDKs 6-12 months after the release, some even later than that.

4 Likes

They are providing mod support in next patch…Does that mean they are going to release some tools as well?

1 Like

really cant wait for this! After 2 game completions i still feel emmersed in the game but no doubt will get bored at some point. Really hope all lights are green for this and good luck :slight_smile:

We can only speculate. A few things we can probably expect:

• Changes to data structure to better suit modding; for example a mod folder for installation so users don’t add zzz_modname.pak to the regular game data folder
  • Allowing users to change loading order
  • Tools of some sort. The game is made with hybrid CryEngine tools, some standard and some in-house (for example the dialogue editor is an in-house tool)

Adding custom models to the game (clothing, armor, items, etc.) isn’t possible without their exporter. We can hopefully expect something for this.

5 Likes

Thats a relief to hear

Any idea about when the patch will be released?

Hopefully you guys want to fix mounted combat too, because right now…yeah, not so much.

…like being pulled from your horse when they are 4 horselengths behind you. Besides, it would be great to have actual horse body ARMOR w/ lances in the game :slight_smile:

I wonder wether this mod will be released as soon as the tools are out there (like first the armor sets etc. ) or if it will only be released once finished. (which would be a shame since I for one cant wait that long ;p )

1 Like

An early look at some of the clothing and armor layers for House Tully:

3 Likes