Seven Kingdoms (Game of Thrones)

Any updates as of late? I’ve not seen anything since around April.

They can’t get the assets in to the game, because modding of Kingdom Come is extremely limited right now.
https://twitter.com/_sevenkingdoms?lang=en

Man you are awesome. This is a dream come true.

It’s not dead. They are just waiting on warhorse to release the devkit.

as i said, in the other words…

1 Like

We can’t do anything without dev tools. Creating more models (which takes dozens of hours for each) is just pissing into the wind right now.

Sorry guys, I was very excited for this project and worked hard on it, but there’s nothing I can do. Lobby WH to prioritize mod support.

It is very difficult for us to put mod support earlier, because of the DLCs which are planned.
A modded game will probably cause technical problems with the DLCs, if we release modding tools afterwards, modders will know with what they have to deal with, as Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a very complex game.

2 Likes

Sad to say that, but no one’s going to buy and play the next DLC’s from WH. The land between promises and reality is really too vast. Best time to move on to the next Act/KCD2.

1 Like

What about limited release of the dev tools with NDA, exclusively for some modders?

Also released “as is” meaning without support or anything related?

1 Like

There are no limited dev tools available yet.
But I got the email from your team, it was stuck in spam. @Sir_Rick reminded me about it. I got the NDA and send the answer to your team today, with hopefully valuable information to help this mod (assuming you are a member of the Seven Kingdom Mod team).

1 Like

Allright buddy. check you mailbox and update your twitter…

I hope you’re being sarcastic, this project is done for free with our own time (and money for 3ds, SP, Zbrush licensing costs)

The guide explains processes and provides useful information but much of it is still dependent on external tools. It’s a start anyway.

1 Like

Love this!

Already does with what is already available on Nexus w/o the mod support!

So is this officially dead now or are there still plans to do it once and if the tools are ever released? Seems like a lot of wasted work since so much was already done.

It´s officialy Dead…

:disappointed_relieved:

Man, this is sad :frowning:

Mod tools will be released soon, after the DLCs, so i don’t understand why is he quitting now.

3 Likes

Well (posting this nearly a year after your comment) the expectation was that mod tools would be released within a reasonable timeframe after the game’s release.

A few people have messaged me here and on ModDB about the mod tool update. I’m actively working on the Attila version of Seven Kingdoms (a Robert’s Rebellion update currently) but will play around with the mod tools and reassess, now that they’re released.

I haven’t played KC:D in quite a while but still love the game. Hopefully a lot is possible, especially modding the world itself and stripping out the core quests. I would want the mod to be more of a sandbox than anything.