Small features that could definitely make a huge difference

I’m sure that if I ever suggested that we agree to disagree, you would find a way to disagree.

But don’t worry. I won’t. Your posts combine to a definite sense of trolling. Someone to play with.

This is going to be funny now. If the King’s army is coming to burn the town that’s no reason for gallopping to warn other people or to search for help to protect or defend the town?

And children are my heartless, thoughtless, selfishness eye candy with no importance? :smile: You are funny!
Children are one of the most important things to create a historical accurate world. No reason to discuss with you.

1 Like

It’s a game.

It’s not historically accurate.

Funny. Yes :slight_smile:

The only accuracy that I appreciate is that there are no dragons or Orcs to contend with. Although dragons are way cooler than Orcs.

You have to learn about the goal behind KCD. They wanted to make it as historical accurate as possible. And even a game can be accurate like a racing simulator for example. And here is more than just the lack of dragons and orcs. But how can the devs seriously take care about historical accuracy without children? I can’t understand this. All NPCs have the same age between 30 and 50 years, the same size, the same body mass, just different faces and clothes/armors. There is a huge problem to call this realistic.

1 Like

Let’s call it a technical limitation. The AI is more sophisticated that what it looks and they could not figure what to do with orphans and the like. Where do they go if you kill their parents? Etc.

Maybe it is just an excuse, but this is what was said iirc.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

Make them non-killable and don’t worry about it

1 Like

YES ! YES ! YES!
THE option to knock on doors or pick door locks is sorely needed.
NOT having that choice can force the player to make Henry a thief, which is NOT immersive!
XBox One Patch 1.5 still.

2 Likes

Yes again.
Different body types!

Oh come on!?
Don’t know what to do with orphans?
They go to live with the nearest relatives!
What happened to orphans in this period when there were no living relatives?
Church orphanages?
What better time to brainwash a mind with religion than when it’s young?

1 Like

I’d like to see the children tease Henry, when he is picking “flowers” (herbs) and when he is dirty or blood soaked!
It would add some much needed humor, which the game seems to lack completely.

1 Like

How about a siren on the horse when galloping through towns?
And the beep beep sound when putting the horse in reverse!

Funny story:
My grandson was about 4 when I went to take his picture.
He stepped in too close to me so I said, “Back up Michael”.
He said, “Beep, Beep, Beep” while stepping back!
Where the hell he got that idea, I don’t know!

1 Like

Skyrim had children wanting to play tag with the Dragonborn!
And he could adopt 2 in the game when he had a home to go to.
Something definitely missing in KC:D!
How long is Henry going to have to live in sin with Teresa and that Miller?

Guess the developers never anticipated the level of nitpicking.
Just saying.

There are tradeoffs to be had. My guess is that if KCD had delivered on more elements targeted in Kickstarter video (large battles, sandbox, etc), the lack of NPC model diversity would matter less.

1 Like

How are children a technical limitation? For the game it doesn’t matter if there’s a children or another NPC. Skyrim has children and this game is 7 years older.

1 Like

It was limitation

• Because of laws. There would be some legal problems if game would have killable children.
  • Because of animations. Game would require a lot of animations like child running, child opening the door etc. You can’t use same animations as for adults, because hand would not fit to the position where door knob is.
  • Because of AI. It would need lots of new behavior regarding children.
  • Probably some more technical issues.

All points would be theoretically managable, but it would require a lot of additional effort. In the time when nothing was certain about KCD it would be too big risk. Someone said here that children are the top necessity for immersion, but they are not. Priorities were good looking landscape, realistic people modela and behaviour, working basic game mechanics etc. etc. … You now consider it as automatic, but it was not at the begining, and all of that had to be created. So they (after a big discussion) decided to remove children in order to make time for something else.

But for KCD2 the situation is very different. I would say that they would be at least tempted to add children, because Dan Vávra of course wants as realistic image of medieval society as is possible to do in (playable) game.

1 Like

So it’s a limitation of development time/resources, but wouldn’t be a limitation of the game itself.
Games like Skyrim and The Witcher also don’t have a problem with killable children. And even if you (can) kill a child in a game …OH MY GOD WHAT A PROBLEM!!!

CryEngine can’t implement kids on consoles. They’d tax the engine beyond stability like large battles, warhorses and a sandbox

On a serious note, I’ll leave it to WH to explain.

1 Like

As I said. For the game it doesn’t matter whether a NPC is big or small. This is ridiculous. If there were a problem to add 10 or 20 children in the game. The engine is 64 bit or they should update to CryEngine 5. And development time can’t be the reason. They had 8 years time.