So about the road?

Honsestly this is a huge problem for those of us who notice it

4 Likes

Yep this has been discussed many times before.

Mentioned Here
and Here
Also Here

Its been mentioned countless times in several threads since the first alpha released, and lindybieges video on the topic has been shared countless times over.

There has been no official response on how or if WH is going to do anything about it, but I guarantee they already know about this.

How? there’s nothing game breaking about it.

Its not game breaking but its pretty close
The game is meant to be in medieval times where there are no cars, its supposed to be accurate
if they dont fix this it would be kind of undermining the truth in everything else theyve done

2 Likes

It is an issue.
While some people seek truth in old paintings or Lindybeige’s rants, I took simpler and more believable source: old photos.

According to google, photography was invented in 1827, while cars… 1886. And as a history enthusiast, I know that cars were actually quite rare - especially in villages and such - as long as WWII. So anything from mid 1800’s showing a road means horse/pedestrian road.

And those roads have no grass patches. Instead, they are quite surprisingly wider than depicted in KCD and heavily trampled down/muddy.

4 Likes

Not game breaking at all IMHO, though perhaps an oversight on devs part.

Suspend your disbelief. Those muddy tracks could be the ruts of several cart wheels, though yes, cart wheels are narrower. I’m sure somebody will mod the tiles eventually, but for now, much ado about nothing.

1 Like

but the thing thats pulling the cart would kill all those grass patches in the center of the road…

1 Like

Have you considered the fact that possibly THOUSANDS of carts have crossed these roads over the times?!

1 Like

even more reason to not have the grass patches
if THOUSANDS of carts have crossed those words the ground would have been churned up and not have those grass patches

You know I just watched this video, this is a human and SINGULAR horse path.

good point. Maybe im just retarded

Please don’t be hard on yourself.

1 Like

Please stick more to the topic and less to personel preferences…

The topic about the grass in the middle of the road is known to our team.

3 Likes

Orange carrots anyone?

They are not orange anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thats the joke!

The thickness is not the problem. Because the cart won’t run the same line every time. Or there will be problems, when the mud gets to deep, for the carts to pass. The grass in the center, where the horse will walk in is another thing.

But what if the cart was pulled by 2 horses?

I don’t see a huge issue. The metal gating obviously needs to be changed, it looks like something you’d see at a festival. However carts would create those dips in between grass.

That would be rarer than carts pulled by one horse
anyways no ones saying there were no carts pulled by 2 horses but even if there were one horse carts would also use the road…

1 Like

And if the game is ever ported into a Russian setting, then they would have to deal with troikas, 3 horse teams, right?

And come on, the bloody barriers at the edge of the game world are obviously standing-in, nobody can be that uhmmm, you know, to think they’ll be there at release, right? Right?

1 Like