So much negativity

‘I’m wondering if there is anyone out there who is actually enjoying the game and has some positive feedback for me?’

This is just one of the best RPGs (and open world games in general) i have played in over 30 years as a gamer. It’s not a game for everyone, though. It’s very slow paced, has deep RPG and survival elements, etc. I would recomend you to watch some gameplay vids before you buy it.

2 Likes

Look at metacritics - 76-pc/70/68 consoles from magazines - from age were everyone believed that bugs would be fixed quickly, user score is + 5%, but there are lots of 10/10 review from first day, maybe from developers of their families.

To Steam, where you can see number of purchases on Steam - 96k? I would expect much more - 0.5 milion or something like that.
Not eveyone on Steam wrote the review - so 15,754 reviews and 1/4 is negative its 3500 or something like that.

Because concept was great - people even those which are negative are here and bought the game, nothing wrong with that… Wrong is state of game code.

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of reviews were written before completing the game. When I first played, the game was pretty much flawless for the first 15-20hrs, I didn’t start to notice the bugs until later in the game.

When ever an argument is comprised mostly of insults it should just be ignored. There are plenty of games out there that have a much simpler formula and therefor much fewer bugs(Monster Hunter and Andromeda to name a few). If that is what is important to you go play those games. KCD is doing something much more complex and therefor prone to bugs. There are very few games like this and therefore fans of this type of game are willing to put up with a few inconveniences. If you are so unhappy go play one of the other multitude of simpleton games and let us have this one made for us.

2 Likes

Yes, bugs are par for the course in any new game, especially a game this ambitious. But a broken main quest line and a save issue is completely unacceptable. And if you think that’s its ok cause they’re a “small indie” then you are part of the reason the gaming industry keeps releasing unfinished games.

1 Like

I like the save system and the main quest was great I found nothing broaken about it. Go play something else.

1 Like

I think the problem with reviews is that, unless solicited, people are statistically far more likely to write a review if they’re unhappy. So I’d say the reviews actually look pretty optimistic.

I don’t know if I’m one of the lucky ones, but I started playing the game two days before the release date (pre-order) and I only encountered one borderline game-breaking bug. A quick google search and repeating 0.5h fixed it for me. So not a big deal. I remember all those other RPGs I played over the years where I had to repeat the whole game because of bugs even years after the game was released. KCD is doing really well compared to other games.

2 Likes

Guys guys I can settle this. Any indie company that releases a buggy game should be just as accountable as any triple A publisher who releases a buggy game. Naturally, some of us are more forgiving because they’re an indie company, because it’s the game of our dreams or because we haven’t experienced as many bugs as others have.

1 Like

Your experience is vastly different from what I experienced. I got both bugs. I’m sure a lot of people experienced the same thing I did but refuse to post because of the fear of being flamed.

And trying to alienate the so called casual gamer and to pigeon hole KCD for hardcore players only is just a bad move for a “small indie.”

Fortunately many devs take their fanboys comments with a pinch of salt. We see this because their next game is an improvement over the last game. It’s the critics who improve their games for them.

1 Like

Ya, I get you. I was just responding to the flaming done by lostqq. Guess I got a little carried away :slight_smile:

There are literally hundreds of good AAA options for 'casual gamers, so i couldn’t disagree with you more. Indies are (gladly) the ones trying different formulas and mechanics. thanks to them we have the experimentation of the early days back to gaming.

Seriously, there are so many games (AAA and indie) available that i don’t get the hate. Don’t like a game? Focus on everything else…

1 Like

I have 500 AAA games on Steam and 350 on Gog, this was worse launch from Daggerfall - 1996 - for me, i never have to restart whole game because of bugs, i only used older save, even Gothic 3 launch was better.

Look at for example at Divinity original sin, also Kickstarter, small team, ambitious title, more quest solutions and combat and rpg system, crafting etc… more complex than KCD and there is 9% of negative review, KCD has 27%…

Stop spam please! If you don t like this game don t play IT! Bugs are real, but even with bugs this game is pretty innovative and is an experience really funny and involving to play!! You can t deny this!
I payed 60 euros, a standard for a game!
After i bought deus ex mankind divided for 70 euros and REALLY found an unfinished game, i cannot complain about nothing anymore hahaha

1 Like

No worries, I get carried away too.

I guess the thread is titled ‘soo much negativity’; so maybe the zealots insisting that everyone must punish the devs can have their voices here! (But like maybe keep it here… just here. Dont spill it everywhere ongoing derailing and destroying every possible good thread.

Some of us actually like forums.
Please learn how to use them. Each has a heading. If your topic (insert loaded rant here) fits neatly under any of the multitude - thats “mull-tit-chewed” a biggish word but then we are here to read- you put your words where they belong. Its like cleaning your room.

And just like cleaning your room; everything is organised. Neat. Easy to find. And well sorted.

Its the ‘well sorted’ that actually helps the devs…

So keep to thread headings and look before posting new topics. Id be surprised if our agreement for membership doesnt push for this…

1 Like

Everyone here that’s complaining in these forums really want to play the game, like I do but cant. I lost 3 saves, a 30 hour save and 2 100+ hr saves. On the 3rd corrupted save, I got the Erik in Vranik bug so I decide to go and level my skills, then crash, corrupted saves.

I’m not one of those people that played the game for 20hrs and decided they didn’t like the game. I gave it a legit playthrough, or at least tried. I really like it but just cant play it.

1 Like

I agree 100%. This thread was asking for any thing positive and it was immediately set upon by trolls.

Please stop telling people what not to and where to post. They are customers just like you and have the right to complain about paying for something and not getting what they paid for. Just stop.

1 Like