So much negativity

All he is saying is that there are threads for that. You don’t have to use a thread that is clearly for something else.

1 Like

Coming from one of the harshest critics, the game IS actually a good game. Particularly where the RPG and cause/effect game play elements are concerned, which are really well thought out. Also the Steam reviews (PC platform) are mostly positive.

However, you may want to hold off until update 1.4 gets released, as you would better benefit from the existing bugs that haven’t been addressed (or were created) as of the 1.3.1 patch.

The game suffers from pervasive bugs, from chronic (glitched quests), to minor bugs (like loss of FT wayfarer encounters for which there is a work around), to horrific texture pop outs etc. All of these vary from platform to platform.

I’m on PC and use a top end gaming rig. Yet I’m still unable to run the game on ultra settings (as this is an ongoing WIP per WH). I still get eye bleeding texture pop outs regardless of what setting below Ultra I run the game. From NPCs missing clothing, shabby building textures, bouncing/settling effect of NPCs & objects if you look away and back at said NPCs/objects, weird default gamma/shader corrections to game based on settings below Utlra etc etc. Then the game play bugs like broken FT random encounters etc etc.

But thankfully haven’t encountered any of the Minecraft rain as yet (posted by a console gamer). Then there is the lack of sandbox game play in the base game (the MQ was too rigidly designed around the protagonist and how you can advance the game with non MQ side activities. So little room exists for replaying the game as another character of your choice (e.g a priest, beggar, assassin, farmer etc. etc) the way you could in Skyrim. Unfortunately KCD was never designed to be that kind of game (unless modded).

I suspect (and with WH suspending release of mod tools indefinitely) this lack of sandbox/lack of official mod tools to develop sandbox content has a lot to do with an increasing number of PC gamers being turning off from playing lately. At least if Steam user stats are any indicator where KCD has tanked to to date. Because at it’s height around the 1-2nd wk of release, KCD had peaked to rank 4/100 in the Steam PC gamer stats (beating out GTAO) on Steam. Hell, Steam PC gamers were responsible for some 300,000 of the 500,000 (aka 60%) of game copies sold in the first 2 days of release alone.

So PC gamers boosting 25% of KCD’s 1.2M copies sales record in those first two weeks was a BIG factor. But since then, the game has apparently lost all that momentum and/or gamer enthusiasm. At least among PC gamers if Steam is any indicator of this trend. Because after barely 6 weeks of release, KCD down in Steam rank to 40/100 to date.

1 Like

Those threads were locked.

All negative threads were locked and you couldn’t create your own thread to say what you needed? I don’t believe it.

2 Likes

Some of the best and funniest KCD bugs & glitches. That crazy guard drop kick at 00:51 has got to be the best one to date: :joy:

I still ended up with the Olena falling from the heavens bug post 1.3.1

No need to create a new thread. Just come in to existing ones and express an opinion.

I guess if you want to troll other peoples threads there is nothing I can do to stop you.

Damn skippy!

Actually that guard’s kick/form is 100% historically accurate

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and found it a really in depth experience. I’ll give you the finer points as I saw them. Bear in mind these are from my time with the PC version.

Pros

Beautiful to look at and explore.
Fantastic sounds - being a bird watcher and walker I recognised a lot of the birds.
Engrossing story.
A system of reward for learning the combat mechanics - the first time you engage with a group of enemies and are able to take them on and dominate them is brilliant.

Cons

If you leave the game for any length of time and come back to it I found it hard to remember how to play it as well as before, initially.
The way the lock on system works makes it hard to engage with more than one opponent, and I would have preferred to “turn it off”.
The amount of time you spend on loading screens for almost every time you do anything.

There are probably loads more things, but to be brutally honest I just loved my time with KCD. I finished the main story and started over, but it didn’t feel the same, it almost felt like I was cheating on my old character. I will come back to the game, but it’s such an investment of time and energy, I need to have a break.

Overall I love it and feel it’s worth way more than every penny I spent.

3 Likes

Also i can confirm that disguise doesnt work. Just played a mission where i was naked, nothing on me. I knocked out a guard, killed him, took his stuff put everything he had on (bearing in mind I had nothing on), and they still recognized me. Yep I also ensured my visor was down so they couldnt see my face.

Useless sacks of shit

Most boring game you’ve ever played yet you’re here entrenched In the forums because you can’t get it off your mind. 10/10 troll

2 Likes

I am enjoying it and I got the cursing down to an art form on run. lmao

i feel like every aspect of this game is to some extend broken or not finished. some are more, some are less but still affected. maybe except the woods - those look fantastic.
real shame.

1 Like

as of 1.41 this game is a large wet stinking hot pile of manure for me. hard lockups, video messed up.
lockup at the start of the first part of the game. AND NO my system is not old and is mid level amd and radion.

So ya the negativity is earned.

EDIT: Some of the problems were mod related to 1.41 incompatibility and fixed or adjusted to mod format.
tho game still has problems.

1 Like

I LOVE this game so much! It has been an amazing thing to take me out of some of the pain I have in my life. In my decades of gaming this is easily in my top 5 games of all time.

5 Likes

One thing 1.4.1 fixed for me: after 220+ hours of play, I found my first fly agaric! The texture must have been buggy before because they used to be invisible.

If your on PC there is a mod that makes herbs stand out better.

Try next to bridge into Pribyslavitz

I also found a lot around witches errr herbalist’s in the forest :wink: