Speculation: What will 1.5 bring?

It would be okay to add 20-30 children in the whole game world. This is not too much!!! But it’s important to see some and then you can at least say they are there. This would increase the realism and the immersion a lot!

1 Like

Best Skyrim mods never came to the Skyrim SE inbuilt easymod system. (Its actually a nightmare to maintain mods in due to mod load order mattering)
Most ARE just as easy to implement or the standard nexus method is the way…
I believe the word ‘infant’ /babes was in the mod title though I dont believe it gave pregnant women of various stages like Holt mentioned…

I honestly cannot play Skyrim unmodded as I spent too many years running hundreds of mods that built world immersion. (Never added a Tardis/ did add Hogwarts -but I have a twelve year old who grew up on the books, and it kinda fitted into her fantasy world)…

Volumetricfog doesnt appear to vary my framerate enough to care about it… (i have tried to garner numbers but just end up sidetracked playing with mouth open taking in the visuals)
I do use an old upper mid level card (or maybe low tiered high end card)- a radeon fury (not X, or Nitro etc)
Its like this card was designed for this game- I run all Ultra details with all sliders at full. I drop shadows a notch or two depending on whether I want fast framerates or choose to use a 21:9 freesync monitor.

I average around fifty fps, with fourty the typical low number and sixty-two my framecap.

If it doesnt cost anything noticable then it’s certainly worth it- the game looks amazing and nothing I can think of can compare.
Some Uncharted 4 scenes might feel like they get the weather or conditions right… but KCDs colour rendition is amazing. Probably most lifelike game I can think of.

HeavyRain and Beyond Two Souls were pretty impressive.
Ryse Son of Rome probably more akin (cryengine also I believe?) for a large in your face world…
But KCDs colour!
Like when its storming outside and the rain is making the grass wet… and the pools of water form. And the light… oh how the light just interacts with everything :wink:
Glee (of the visyal variety)

2 Likes

I have all of these in my game. Didn’t check whether these have been ported over to SSE yet. Some may be in process like the pregnancy mod. Minty’s lighting mod (MUST INSTALL THIS) is over at SSE so check link below.

Skyrim pregnancy mod

Baby Momma aka the Skyrim Infant and Babies mod

Supreme Volumetric Fog <-- I use the Climates of Tamriel weather mod which dictates when fog effects occur based on temperature and location (e.g. Riften & Solitude where fog is much more likely as they’re coastal. Or in colder, early morning hours etc etc).

Also highly recommended:

Minty’s Awesome Lightning mod (aka MANDATORY)

The SSE version:

Isoku’s Wonders of Weather (MANDATORY combines his Rainbow, Shooting stars & raindrops weather effect mods in one tidy esp)

Wet N Cold (MANDATORY. If you’re using Chesko’s Frostfall, disable the exposure effects in Wet & Cold & let Frostfall handle your PC’s wet/cold exposure effects. Chesko & Isoku collaborated on this to make these 2 mods the best survival/realism mods ever made for Skyrim)

SSE Version:

Wet N Cold-Holidays (MANDATORY). OF COURSE you’ll need to add Isoku’s Holidays mod for complete immersion. This was a Wet N Cold plug in but developed into a full standalone mod. SSE should have equvalent version:

Moon Glow:

Milky Way Galaxy (MANDATORY)

Ethereal Auroras aka the Northern Lights (MANDATORY)

There is also iNeed (if you’re not using RND or Imp’s More Complex Needs as your needs system)

And Loot & Degradation

And a ton of other excellent immersive content just from Isoku (and Chesko) alone. Just drop by the Nexus and go shopping for what you like :grinning:

edit: forgot these 2 gems:

Fires & hot steam Can burn. Now fires (i.e. vanilla and Frostfall campfires) and steam/hot water (from hot springs like at Dark Water Crossing or in places like Soul Cairn) WILL burn & kill you if you’re over exposed too long:

Hot Springs. Adds more hot springs locations besides the ones at Dark water crossing for you to explore & relax!

Thanks so much! I’m trying volumetric fog out now. Looks pretty awesome! So thank you for your elaboration.

I think I see a bunch of Skyrim in my future! Haha. I’ve tried a few of those mods…not most of them though. I strictly play Skyrim with mods only now too. I copied your whole list, so that’ll be next after I complete KCD. Thanks a lot for the time you spent messaging those. I appreciate it!

1 Like

Ah Skyrim. I recall having a certain mod that enabled me to use my adopted children as bloodbanks for my vampire character.

Shame the rest of the game was so formulaic and bland.

After I watched some BETA gameplay I have to say patch 1.5 MUST re-enable a lot of the great features from the beta!!! The world looks so atmospheric with the volumetric fog. Why they cutted it off? Fog is a natural weather effect and has to belong into the game!!! It also could hide most of the ugly distance lod.

Then make wood textures, houses and brick stones of the castle looking older, dirty and with moss. Add more NPCs (and some children!!!) into big towns. If it costs more hardware power, then make an option for ultra high performance hardware. I want that the game looks visually the best as possible on the ultra settings.

And re-enable other good stuff from the beta please. Like a lot better animations and also animated fabrics for objects in the world. Add bigger trees and make forests darker. Isn’t all of it realistic?

as long as I don’t end up with 8 fps for the whole game.
not everyone has a super duper system.

Before fog, I want proper rain: it rains when there are rain clouds, and it doesn’t rain when it’s a starry night or when the sky is clear. it doesn’t rain like Missile Command. People react to rain appropriately: Theresa should stop sweeping outside (btw, sweeping over a patch of grass and flowers, really?) and Miller Peshek should hold off or speed up on his bag carrying efforts when it rains

Before adding townsfolk NPCs, how about some NPCs farming? I don’t care if it’s out of season; the whole of KCD is way out of season

2 Likes

If you don’t have a super duper system, simply don’t use ultra settings. But let the game shine for the future hardware.

1 Like

also more NPC running for cover from the rain, even in towns.

2 Likes

Not wanting to judge. Thought Bohemians might be tougher than the rest of us. Rain? Whatever.

you want more stuff added to the graphic load.
that is what I am responding to.
It’s not even optimized enough still.
I HAVE to use much lower settings, high and above is not pretty.

Do you or anyone get LOD flashes ? As you approach, a segment of scenery that just got closer flashes… a brief film of khaki

I’m not a graphic fanboy. For me graphics are not important as long the game is good itself. But the visual impact is important in this game to feel the medieval atmosphere and the trailers and engine rendered material from 2013-2016 looks so much better than the final game! There were even witches that got burned in towns! A shame that it changed in 2018.

Even the intro artworks are much better in the beta.

don’t even know what an LOD setting more than 1/9 of the way looks like if I don’t want manure for frame rate.

On PS4 I travel down a path on horseback and flash here, flash there, etc. If I don’t trim saves or restart sys, seems worse

mebbe it will be one of the “200 non listed bug fixes” :man_shrugging:
xbox 1 owner but ever so glad I got the PC version.

if kids, then kids games and toys. medieval doll that could also be a hand grenade… oh, wait. wrong game

How about finally fix the G-Damned NPCs running into me and bitching? I was just now seated at the dice table in Uzhitz, all by my self and some damned villager walks by, bumping into me, and curses at me… Enough already.