Stuttering and lag and bugs

Hello, I’m new here. Anyway I’m having problems with this game. First off it’s a great game, but it’s now literally unplayable for me. Warning there might be spoilers in this post.

I play on Xbox one by the way. So first off I’m experiencing stuttering and lag. I didn’t have this until after the latest patch. When entering towns I get bad lag on and off my horse. It’s better when walking as opposed to riding. But when out in the forest or countryside it ran smoothly. With the occasional screen freeze but that only lasted a few seconds. That is up until yesterday. Now it’s stuttering and horrible lag everywhere. It gave me a headache just playing it. So I went back a save, it was fine for about a half hour and then lag. So I went back another save and same experience. I don’t know how to fix it.

My next problem is failed quest. I gave all the medicine to the people in merhojed. Yet no mater what I fail it. I did this quest multiple times even following exactly what others did on YouTube. And it’s still says I didn’t give everyone the medicine.

Next failed quest was the one in the monestary. I was trying to get a doctor for Lord Divish. I gave herbs to the laborer and bam failed to help the people from Skalitz. Now the woman there is angry and tells me to get out. Well I thought no problem I’ll reload a save. Nope I reloaded all the way back to the pestilence quest. And it’s still failed the people from Skalitz are dead and there’s nothing i can do. It’s like reloading saves doesn’t matter. Finally I said whatever since everybody is dead now the doctor is free to leave. I didn’t want to do it that way but I can’t change it.

Another problem again with the saves. Is if i save before trying to Lockpick a chest I can not attempt to open it. Here is what’s happening if i save at a chest and fail to open it. If I then reload the save I have no option to try and lock pick it again. No matter what angle standing or crouching there is no option to lock pick it. There are multiple chest I can’t open because of this. I no longer save at chest now.

Here is the funniest bug I’ve ran into. I was talking to someone and Henry shot straight up into the air and landed several feet away. When the conversation was over I had broken legs or feet. I don’t know Henry was rekt that’s all I know. And I have no idea what happened. But it was funny lol.

Anyway I’m not making this post to put the game down or anything like that. I enjoy it and all, however I can’t play with the lag and stuttering it gives me a headache.

If I’m posting this in the wrong section I’m sorry.

Im having this exact same problem. Started when I was about 33 hours in. The game is unplayable and I was really enjoying it. I’m trying to find a solution but none so far. If you figure anything out please let us know! I am also on xbox one and its infuriating thinking I wasted 60 dollars on this game that wont play anymore

I’ve got over 100 hours in before the stuttering and lag started. I have an idea but I’m not sure. I reached my save limit and started deleting older saves and saving over saves. I wonder if that messed it up?

The thing is I was doing that before the latest patch and had no problems. After the patch I had bad lag just in towns at first. But yesterday I started having lag everywhere.

I’ve tried loading older saves, but no luck it starts out fine and then lag starts back up. I’m hoping someone will read this and know the answer. But if I find out I’ll post it here.

Honestly if starting over is the answer I’m not sure if I will. Because what’s to stop it from happening again. Whatever it is.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ be praised. I fixed my stuttering problem sort of. I reloaded an earlier save. I was able to play for a couple hours with very minimal stuttering in towns. Also I stopped using Savior Schnaps. After about 2 hours I got bad stuttering for about a min. Then it was ok again. So I don’t know.

I’m having the same issue - the lagging got really bad, to the point where the game is almost unplayable. It seems to happen mostly in outdoor scenes, and when moving fast (running or on a horse). Unlike the occasional bugs in the quests, this affects the entire game. Playing on Xbox one.

I got the stuttering and lag back. It was so bad earlier I just quit.

It’s an actual known bug caused by the physics in the game. Something to do with all those items you see scattered around by the NPCs. When they reach a critical mass, its breaks the physics part of the game.

You will notice a steady decline in performance and it will get progressively worse until you get the shakes.

Direct quote from WH co-founder below regarding bug. Or read entire thread on Reddit posted above.

[–]danielvavra 4 points 1 day ago
Sorry guys. This is gonna be fixed in 1.4. The bugs is physics. Seems, that for some reason for some people, items that NPCs used fell through ground and when the amount of such items reaches critical level, the physics system starts to malfunction. Its fixed in 1.4 which SHOULD be released next week. No exact date yet.

2 Likes

…it’s still there…

2 Likes

This is ridiculous! I can’t even continue in the game anymore! This stuttering makes the game unplayable and no fun whatsoever. I am on the Xbox, and I am updated to the newest version. Stuttering got progressively worse, and it got this bad right at the end of the story.

1 Like

is anyone of you using the mod “SpearmansDelight”?
maybe this one is causing all the problems…

I’ve been having this problem too, for the last month (since the start of april) on XBox. (I don’t have any mods on the game.) I had to stop playing because the stutter was getting so bad. I got 1.4 a week or so ago, I think, but the stutter was still there. It got a bit better earlier today, but as I played for a few hours it got bad again. It’s not to the point of unplayable, but still really bad. Usually when I’m turning left-right; looking up or down, or going straight ahead is okay. Textures are slow to load, and gallopping on a horse is about the speed of a normal canter. Fighting is really difficult like this…

1 Like

The best advice I’ve found for people in your situation is to delete all save data and start a new game with the latest version. Also clear some room in your hard drive so you have at leas 20-50gigs of free space. If that doesn’t work you can try deleting the whole game and re-downloading it. Xbox has been having a lot of trouble with this game so I hope that works.

someone posted a method that worked for them. If you have the latest patch for xbone you hafta delete all of play line 1 . restart the game on a new play line one . save then exit to loading and start a new game on play line 2 and never go back to 1.
Claims it solved the stuttering and his game runs well.

you are some how doing it wrong and also some on you tube are giving bad advice.

Did you do the hospital quests late in the game? you mentioned lord divish and a laborer .
Sounds like you did the hospital quests out of order, or did they pop as you were trying to help Divish? these should be done early or mid game.
there is in those quests also one where you are to get a medicine recipe and make it to cure one of the skalitz people if you don’t he dies.
The doctor for Divish is in the real late part of the game. so when you go to try to get help the hospital quests should not pop up,

Is it likely that there will be no patch in the near future which will fix this problem for existing save games? I would really hate to go back to the very beginning and start all over again, giving how long I’ve spent playing this game already. It would be like deja vu for several months.

It’s almost enough to make one not bother playing the game anymore.

someone posted a method that worked for them. If you have the latest patch for xbone you hafta delete all of play line 1 . restart the game on a new play line one . save then exit to loading and start a new game on play line 2 and never go back to 1.
Claims it solved the stuttering and his game runs well.

What are these “Play Lines”? Is there an explanation someone can point me to somewhere?

On the main menu…

When starting/loading; choose which playline.

My fam uses 1,2,3,6 and 7