Version 0.5, still performance issues?

I get around 25 fps, but what i have noticed vs a build in the summer, there is a extreme amount of popup everywhere, i turn around and i see the world being build up in front of me. Doesn’t matter if a put the detail range for objects and such on higher. Also noticed small freeze once every 10 seconds.

The only problem I can see on your PC n1salat is the amount of RAM. Could you run the game in a window and see in the Tasm Manager’s Performance tab how much memory is being used? OS usually starts to swap on HDD if it’s close to 80% of used memory to never reach 100% and keep apps waiting for more. If your HDD is slow (not an SSD), it could be the reason for slow FPS. Yes, we are currently eating a lot of memory and that’s going to be fixed later for sure. But for now you have to be either patient or just buy another 8 GB of memory. It’s cheap :blush:

1 Like

I just checked everything and nope - its not the RAM
I have 11 FPS in the Main Menu on low settings :frowning:

Today I had a similar Problem…
In the Camp my FPS going down to 8.6…

I found the Prob with gpu-Z… I got a huge “Bus Interface Load”…my GTX runs with 4x instead of 16x. PCI-e lanes…

Just checked it

seems not to be the problem for me.

Please click on Sensors

Then Play 5min and post a ScreenShot from the sensor Tab…

well I Think you run with only one PCI-E Lane… not enough for the game…

Look at mine…

Hello @n1salat,

which programm do you use for frames measurement?

Fraps, or Nvidia? Could you deaktivate it, and use the game intern (>Show FPS).

I have an AMD card, and if I use their tool, I have also a performance problem…

still lowest settings, only main menu

As the GPU is under full pressure, it can only be a gpu-z problem in displaying things.

@Blacksmith
i use the Nvidia Shadowplay. i will disable it and try it again.

thanks for your replys and suggestions!

Yeppp…your Bus bandwith is overload…

For some reasons, your GTX is running with the worng PCI-E Speed…

Perhaps it’s mounted in the wrong PCI-E Slot on the Mainboard…
What Mainboard do you have?

Sould look like this:

This defintly cant be the problem - no game would run then at all!

and as you can see in the screenshot i posted, the bus load is at less then 90%

I play a lot of hardware hungry games- like Arma, Squad and latest would be fallout 4 - and they all run smooth.

E:
just saw your screenshot… hm… i dont really know then. i cant explain why all the other game runs smooth (even if the worst would have happend - im dumb as fuck and placed the gpu in the wrong pcie slot)

@Blacksmith
I tried it without Shadow Play and its still unplayable - 7FPS

Your are right, but remember this is Alpha Stage…no optimatzion at all…
KCD is a ressources hungry Game (now).

Wait for @Woody or @Hound opinion… :wink:

I’m afraid I won’t be able to help here :cry:. Fingers crossed @Woody

Very good catch @Urquhart ! The number of PCI-E lines could very well be the reason. Our engine transfers a lot back and forth. Other games could have that very different. Even a test of other CryEngine games could be less appropriate than one would think as we are pushing CryE to the limits. Yes, we have to optimize, but as I said I have very similar PC configuration at home except the RAM (that’s obviously not an issue) and the game run smoothly. Could @n1salat run the game with the default settings (the “user_game” folder deleted) ?

1 Like

Ok… @n1salat let’s go for it…
I Think we found your Problem…
:grin:

Guys, where can I find my dxdiag? :stuck_out_tongue:

@Helmersen
If you have the same prob as @n1salat… please Post a GPUz schreenshot…

DXDIAG:
[WIN] + R then type “dxdiag”

Woody - thanks for the help!!!
as Soon as i come home, ill try it and report it ASAP

the user_game folder is inside the main game folder right ?
then yes, i deleted it already - as i completly reinstalled the game

its just strange, i went to bios and there arent event settings for the PCIE Express slot.
as i thought it might be some bios problem.

i will look again at the pcie slot again… but it would be really weird if that would be the problem… really had no problems so far.

By the way - my motherboard is a MSI P67A-GD53
i just tried to google some PCIE Express problems with the board, only found one where the board didnt recognize the whole pci-express slot beeing used.

Mine KCD is installed here: c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance
I don’t think reinstall of the game in Steam deletes it. Please verify it’s really gone.
Also, try to press the small question mark close to the GPU-Z PCI-E lines report and follow the instruction to start render test. It’s possible the number is not right without actual rendering to save power.

@Woody
Hmmm look at @n1salat screenshot Version 0.5, still performance issues?

First Part : loading game or whatever
Second Part: full load…(no power Saving)

the gpu-z test for the PCIE-E Lanes - i did already! the first screenshot of GPU-Z, which i posted here, was taken during the test.

and as the gpu is loaded till 99%… i still think it cant be the lanes at all… but i will check it… just few minutes left at work :wink: