Voice actors... Who's voice do you want to hear in the game?

Something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94o-D2_k5ew :slight_smile:

Nolan North as every voice.

1 Like

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Teutonic Knightā€™s leader.

1 Like

I had an interesting conversation about him with a German colleague. In Terminator, Schwarzenegger does not dub himself in a German version of the film. His Austrian accent just sounds silly to Germans so there is someone else dubbing himā€¦so sadly he cannot be a Teutonic knight :).

He may die a lot, but Sean Bean definitely knows how to do it with style! And he absolutely has the fighting verbiage down pat (how many ā€œSharpeā€™sā€ whatever have there been?) I realize we are speaking of voice overs and while I love his voice, heā€™s not bad on the eyes either, hehehe :stuck_out_tongue:

But that means Tim Burton and Johnny Depp would have to tag along. Theyā€™re a package deal, lol.

3 Likes

Iā€™m excited for this part of the game because itā€™s always the part Iā€™m excited about. I could name off several dozen actors and theyā€™d all be gravy to me. I could name a few dozen ā€œnobodiesā€ that are just from youtube, game mods and other less notable things.

I just hope thereā€™s a VO director that can help coach direction and tone. Nothing more ear-grating than a bad VO job no matter the actor.

1 Like

Ron Perlman.

No one famous.

I donā€™t like to recognise actors as I feel they actually distract from the personality of the character theyā€™re playing - I donā€™t want to go ā€œOh, itā€™s Sean Bean.ā€ Plus Iā€™m sure there are some lesser known actors that can do just a good a job, if not better IMO. I think in this case the direction is far more important (assuming the actors are decent enough of course).

Iā€™d much rather see the budget spent elsewhere.

5 Likes

This. Unless itā€™s ā€œuniversalā€ enough like Ian Mckellen, but some of them are very ingrained into a certain role to me as a consumer. There was a recentā€¦ incident involving ESO and FemShepā€™s VO. And how she really didnā€™t belong there and I wanted to destroy my speakers. Not because she was a bad VO, not at all! But because she was FemShep forā€¦ how many hours in ME? 2? +3?

You do not belong in anyone else ever again Jennifer Hale, sorry. Especially not the pivotal role that she plays in ESO. Itā€™s really, really distracting for me.

i predict ian holm or kenneth branagh

Martin StrĆ”nskĆ½, Marek VaÅ”utā€¦

If you know what I meanā€¦ :smiley:

3 Likes

I wanna hear Wil Wheaton! :wink:

Peter Dinklage dabbing multiple charachters.

UPDATE: I have changed my mindā€¦ Peter Dinklage dabbing main charachter :smiley:

1 Like

In the game will be mostly Germans and Bohemians so I think that even if itā€™ll be in english, there should be these two accents. It would sound silly for me with strong british accent. And famous actors will be expensive, too.

Tommy Angelo of Middle ages :smiley:

1 Like

One does not simply let Sean Bean live :slight_smile:

1 Like

MORGAN FRAKKINā€™ FREEMAN!

yeeees

1 Like

:smiley: Why not?
I love his work in Mafia 1.

Some of his lines still resonate in my head.

1 Like

Would be lovely to hear Simon Pegg.

3 Likes

One of the most excellent voiced games imo is Dark Souls. The voice actors all speak some old/archaic English which I think would fit perfectly for any medieval setting. The full set can be seen here: IMDb

I think everyone of these actors does a wonderful job and I would love to hear some of them in Kingdom Come: Deliverance!

Also, the voice actors of The Witcher series do a very good job.

I know the game is settled in historic Holy Roman Empire, but since releasing the game in solely german/czech language is impossible, as well as imitating long dead accents of these times, it would be a great solution to release the English version of the game with authentic and atmospheric old british accent (which sounds absolutely wonderful in my opinion and enhances the atmosphere). The last voice actor I recommend is Brian Blessed. His voice is extremely dominant and has a high value of recognition.

1 Like