Voice actors... Who's voice do you want to hear in the game?

a would prefer big - Ged Butler - right out of 300 "This is D E L I V E R A N C E "

1 Like

Slang, as I understand it, is the language, vocabulary, terms etc, used by a group of people who have something in common. These groups can be scientists, criminals, teenagers and so on. So, they use words everyone in this group knows or should know what they mean . But people outside of these groups don’t necessarily know what these terms mean exactly.

And what I meant by “making up words” is that Shakespeare invented a lot of new words that didn’t exist in english before he wrote them in his plays :wink: Not that we should make up words that sound like old english just for the sake of it sounding old english. I was just poking fun at Shakespeare. But I would indeed find it interesting if they did write dialogues and such in the grammar they had back then, for example the words “you” and “thou”. The former is how you adressed someone politely, like the upper class, and the latter is how you addressed lower class (very much like in languages like german, spanish, etc. where there’s a “formal you” and “informal you”.) This is middle english I am talking about, and not early modern english/shakespearian english, where eventually “you” replaced everything. I am quite fond of the words “thou”, “thee”, “thine” and “thyself”, so it would be interesting if they were used haha.

2 Likes

There is much more things that need to be done, than using holywood actors in the game for sure. Remember “Beyond: Two Souls”: script sucks, characters suck. This things should be done great at first. Only when it’s done and if there’s enough money and time in actors’ schedules you may invite the world famous movie star. And don’t you dare to suck at directing them.
My suggestions are: Sean Bean as main character (look at the screenshot — he looks just like him!) and Gary Oldman as Sigismund of Luxemburg. And don’t just use them on voiceovers, let them play it all with mocap. I’d pledge for them.

I totally agree with you, without a good script and directing, even the greatest actors will probably give a performance that equates to a pre-teen’ doing a school play

We need Vladimir Kulich as a war commander. He voice is one of the best thing about the 13th warrior and Skyrim.

I am completely onboard with the original poster’s suggestion of Patrick Stewart. Fine a way to work him in; make it so.

On a more serious note a few people have chimed in regarding Czech accents. I agree with this line of thought. Big budget actors aren’t as important as voice actors who immerse you in the game world and the period. If the developers can find a good balance between Czech actors, maybe some catch phrases, and verbiage that will still hold an English-speaking audience I think that would be good for the game.

Fuck YES Steve Blum is in The Elder Scrolls online as a matter of fact I am/been watching Cowboy Beebop again he is the voice actor for the character spike in that anime. :smiley: and he is a good voice for this!

Sean Bean would die in the first 10 minutes of the game. as he always dies in every thing! haha

Maybe he is your first victim? :smiley:

Jesse Cox would be amazing as any character!

Yes! I think he should be hahaha That would be so Cliché haha

Hey, guys who consider Sean Bean as “that dying guy”, check out this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series)

Megan Fox :smile: haha just kidding i think http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Paulsen is the best :wink:

lots of american voice actors, whiled skilled, are incapapble of producing convincing english accents, same as their movie counterparts. so their choice of producing the dialog under shakespearean english influence simply wouldn’t work with a lot of these actors, no matter how lauded or famous they are.

As has been stated earlier in the thread, I think it is wasteful to approach big names, unless they are prepared to do it for a modest fee.
Otherwise just cast for voice overs amongst amateurs.

Balla :wink:

This is good example that if Sean does not die the thing becomes bad. (especially the ending movie was horrible)

Werner Herzog as Henry.

2 Likes

I think Brandon Keener did an amazing job as Garrus Vakarian throughout all of Mass Effect. Jennifer Hale is also my preferred version of Commander Shepard simply due to her impressive talent.
Classic Fallout 1 and 2 were amazing for that, dialog expanded with more intelligent characters too. :smile: let’s hope warhorse get some amazing voice actors and done it well. :smile:

Haha! Yes, 
 but maybe not as Henry. That would be to much