Voice actors... Who's voice do you want to hear in the game?

All Acts
Erzähler/ Storyteller:

Joachim Kerzel
Wolfgang Pampel
Alexandra Lange

John Sinclair:

Frank Glaubrecht
Dietmar Wunder

Suko:

Martin May

Sir James Powell:

Karlheinz Tafel
Achim Schülke

Jane Collins:

Franziska Pigulla

Bill Conolly:

Detlef Bierstedt

Der Schwarze Tod:

Thomas Friebe

Myxin:

Peter Matic
Eberhard Prüter

Shao:

Silke Haupt

Will Mallmann:

Lutz Riedel

Solo Morasso („Dr. Tod“)

Tilo Schmitz

Glenda Perkins:

Ilya Welter

Asmodina:

Martina Treger

Karin Becker-Mallmann:

Joseline Gassen

Pamela Scott („Lady X“):

Katrin Fröhlich

Lupina:

Claudia Urbschat-Mingues

I hope there comes a german voice version :smile:
Thats my wishes.

Sean Bean’s accent is anything but ‘south London’. He has a Sheffield accent, which is from Yorkshire up north. (if you suggested to anyone from further north of the Midlands that they had a southern accent they’d probably hit you)

As for the whole ‘shakespearean accent’ thing, I think you’re all getting confused about british accents in general. There are hundreds, if not thousands of regional accents across the british isles but Shakespearean is not one of them. Shakespearean is a manner of speech (old english, ancient grammar and vocabulary) rather than an actual accent - the accent you hear on English telly, specifically the BBC, is about as close as you can get the a ‘neutral-sounding’ accent that is usually specifically learned to have clearer enunciation for television, rather than the accent you grow up with. It’s a Southern English accent that’s usually found in the south East counties (Kent, Surrey, etc).

The accent you hear from that one nobleman in the trailer (“bring me their heads!” guy) is basically a very posh-sounding accent with exaggerated enunciation that is heard very rarely in the british isles except for super rich areas (and even then, it’s falling out of use now).

Accents in the end mean very little, but you need to avoid falling into the sterotypes such as Somerset, Dorset or Cornwallian accents for farmers and rustics (“oooh arrr where’s me coiderrr?” à la Wurzels because NOBODY speaks like that) and stereotypical toff accent for the nobles (an accent that didn’t come into use until the 19th century Victorian era for the upper classes to distinguish themselves from the common rabble.

Also cockney as an accent is annoying as fuck. Again, it’s an accent that’s overused despite the fact that very few people in the british isles actually speak with it (it’s a minority accent from the once-rough east end of London that’s also falling out of common use, yet somehow everyone in the world seems to think it’s the basic british accent everywhere - fuck you Hollywood)

Sorry, but that’s my two cents on the matter (seeing everyone saying Shakepearean is an actual accent and seeing all the misinformation about accents in the British isles was kinda vexing for me as a native British person so I wanted to clear things up on the matter). If anyone has any questions about different accents in the UK I’ll happily link you various videos with different examples! :>

But yeah as cool as it’d be to have some recognisable voice actors in there, they shouldn’t suck up the budget too much. As long as they’re good at what they do and actually sound like characters having a dialogue rather than reading a flashcard, I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Yes, this so much please.

I could see Donald Sutherland as an old knight or clergy.

Morgan Freeman as… almost anyone? And James Earl Jones can speak all other guys.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Sean Bean’s character end up living in the movie Far Cry?

… weird :wink:

(yes the movie, not the games)

or more like his character from Blackadder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsPbPzv8ck

Not only in that movie, but in Silent Hill too… And he is in the sequel!! O_O

definitely see this as a real possibility. blessed has also done vo work for war of the roses, but that’s cartoon stuff compared to this.

i think it would be great if he could do some of the more dramatic work he’s familiar with it.

I’d rather have not famous, but good voice actors.

There are lots of good voice actors around, and even some of the voice acting shown during the demo was pretty good.

Hiring a team of blue bloods will cost a lot of money that might be better spent elsewhere, and the results would not be necessarily better than what could be achieved by not-so-famous actors.

That said, nothing can go wrong with Malcolm McDowell as the Wizened Noble…

: )

1 Like

Manu Bennett (cryxus from spartacus) . has an excellent barbarian voice

Troy Baker - because he’s awesome

Sam Neill - I could see him fitting in well

Someone mentioned Jesse Cox - if you’re looking at Youtubers, Cryaotic has an awesome voice

Troy Baker is in everything nowadays haha (for good reason though, he’s a fantastic VA)

And I agree Cry has a great tonality to his voice, and he can put on quite a convincing British accent :>

Hmmm…Kids like that in game would make me a bit more accepting of violence against children in game :slight_smile:

lol yeah I think Troy Baker and Nolon North have contracts saying that at least one of them must appear in all new video games :smile:

1 Like

barbarians(i assume you mean the tatars) probably sounded like normal people, not voice coached actors trying to sound manly and tough.

@ rilzi, yeah i’m sure they’re going to hire “youtubers”

This^^

Does anyone remember Mafia II?
Excellent voice acting done by ‘not so famous’ actors.

1 Like

Personally I don’t mind about celebs doing the job. IPOV spare the money for some good underdog voice actors or even amateurs, who can make an outstanding performance, if you look at GTA V.

1 Like

Hugh Laurie! Yes that guy who plays House on the tv show of the same name! I’m seeing a lot of black adder lovers so I am shocked he hasn’t been mentioned. And maybe someone like Emma Thompson for a female voice.

1 Like

I would love to hear myself.