Warhorse at E3 - UPDATE** NEW TRAILER FOUND ON IGN

11 Likes

Here is some fresh half an hour RPGamer presentation from warhorse booth :smiley:

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t resist. :smile:

4 Likes

Another video :smiley: It seems that it includes the whole presentation

10 Likes

Damn, I should not hide my videos behind links :laughing:

2 Likes

That question about arrows being affected by wind - that was a tough one. :sunny: I donā€™t know why I havenā€™t thought about that while playing the alpha. Probably because the weather is always the same.

Also yay finally a good video not shot with telephoto lenses from Bethesdaā€™s booth. :smile:

1 Like

That combat though. He was hit, what, four times in the head? (In the ring when the screen went grey)

The Cumans were interesting. Fighting seems hard and quite easy to be killed.

That news about pole arms really sucks, I hope they find a way to get it done.

6 Likes

I totally agree with you sir ! I even hope we will be enjoying flails in act 2 or 3 !

Flails would be cool but I imagine they are an absolute pain in the ass to properly implement.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not really news, they have been saying the exact same thing about polearms since the kickstarter campaign.

1 Like

Care to share some resources?

I have been under the impression until about an hour ago that pole arms were to be implemented.

Not sure but I think the jury is still out if flails were really a thing in actual historical battles or just 19th century romantic invention. There are a few videos on youtube about them, seems using a flail in a real battle would be more trouble than itā€™s worth.

What about trying the search button? :wink: Iā€™m not gonna search for all the sources, but right the first result when searching for ā€œpolearmsā€ is a thread from february containing answer from @MadSmejki that polearms maybe will be included in later acts, but not in the first one. And this isnā€™t the first time warhorse gave this answer.

1 Like

That is too easy :grinning:.

I remember seeing that thread now, I must have rejected it and buried it deep in my subconscious. I want pole arms most of all.

3 Likes

Butā€¦ Butā€¦ They had spears in the trailer :frowning:

During that time flails and other weird types of weapons (often modified agricultural tools) were quite succesfully used by Husites against heavy infantry. So I think in later acts they should be added especially if they tackle the movement itself. But I am not reall sure what era the other acts should be.

Okay, now not with text link, but picture. Here is archived version of german RocketbeansTV livestream with warhorse studios. DonĀ“t be shy, they mostly talk in english, have fun. :smiley:

5 Likes

I just remember the discussion which accent the voice overs should have.
If itā€™s as terrible for the Czechs to listen to their own accents then it should be just perfect high english so that no one has to cringe xD
Thank you for linking all the videos here :blush:

1 Like

I believe that Dan said in video above that flails will be even in first act.

1 Like