Warhorse at E3 - UPDATE** NEW TRAILER FOUND ON IGN

what is that?
(twenty characters)

Ah ok. In America they are called porta johns or porta potties.

Make Your Own Spam the interwebs.

13 Likes

Yes, Dan compared KC with Skyrim but I think because itā€™s easier to sell the game, explain to public using famous name. E3 not only another milestone, but itā€™s part of big sale: So Itā€™s OK for me that he uses Skyrim name ))

The video is great, thank you @warhorse!

The only thing that bothers me a little is the fact I saw Henry riding a horse and his sword doesnā€™t have a scabbard at 1:32. Are the scabbards left out like in Skyrim or it is just an Alpha thing? It would be bad for realism IMO.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

5 Likes

So I know we have all seen it but this time its on the warhorse page lets get them views and likes up everyone!

Keep the hype train rolling.

2 Likes

OMG I wish I would have thought of this one! thank you sir.

1 Like

Is it just me or did Hellboy make a sh1t tonne of Skyrim similarity drops at the start of this interview?

@McWonderBeast ā€¦Iā€™m with you on the whole Skyrim comparison thing :expressionless:

funny enough though Dan compared it to both skyrim and witcher during the Rocketbeantv livestream.

Its because its a simplr way to explain it to those whom may be interested, but in the same light people who hate those games will look past it because someone failed to mention the difference.

Nothing made me more mad then the IGN gameplay from the first alpha build every minor detail was compared and scaled to skyrim.

I just think itā€™s comparison for comparisons sakeā€¦ outside of them both being first person open world RPGā€™s, thatā€™s where the similarities end for me.

Donā€™t get me wrongā€¦ I get the reasoning behind the association, especially when introducing the game to newcomers. Itā€™s a well known, easily relatable, and successful triple A title. But I personally think itā€™s doing a dis-service to KCD and the WarHorse teamā€¦ Kingdom Come is in no way some simple Skyrim rip-off.

I mean, imagine if EVERY open world third person action game was sold as being a GTA knock-off. Or every racing game compared with the likes of Gran Turismoā€¦ there will always be games that set new standards for their respective genreā€™s, and naturally the industry follows those trends in the market.

KCD should stand on itā€™s own merits as a first person, sandbox style open-world historic medieval RPG. If our hopes and aspirations are achieved, then this will be a game that establishes a new trend in the industry. Something that others will look back on as the start of a medieval gaming renaissance :smile:
Viva la revolucion!!

end of rant

1 Like

Another review! Only in german, but there is new video footage, so if you donā€™t understand, there is still something for you :smiley: You can see there sword fighting!

3 Likes

So someone is calling a german here? Time to translate :smiley:

Stefan: We are following the mediaeval RGP Kingdom Come from first day, There were some animated pictures, at least I do. Today there was a brandnew presentation about the new Tech-Alpha.
Marc, you have seen it for the first time, do you?
Marc: Not really, I have seen your cool lets play with Olaf for the first time.
Stefan: Ahh, ja okay.
Marc: And we have seen some advancement, we have seen a presentation in 4K what I think was pretty impressive, on a giant LED-TV. They had talked about what had changed, they implemented horse riding.
Stefan: They were saying the animation is not finished yet.
Marc: Yeah, I have seen it. It was jumping above a fence and this did not work as well but I already looked good. In general everything that was laying on ground was beautiful, even the dirt.
This was done really awesome.
Stefan: They said they always make updates about CryEngine, at the moment they use 3.7 and you can see that. If you look at the older builds, it gets better with every step. I hope this also true on gameplay. We have seen Swordfight today, this was supercool. A litte bit tricky but awesome. With all that armour and different layers, its definitely on a good way.
Marc: It was good he directly choosed the highest skill level, seems not easy, but it was cool.
He had let the enemy come in and pushed him back. This looked totally realistic.
Stefan: The developers told us the bakers will happy on some news in the new Tech-Demo (not really new to us here in Forum), for example the gameplay environment.
Marc: For sure, it gets bigger from 9kmĀ² to 16kmĀ² (I stay metric here :P) this is a obvious extension. And seven people do build the quests at the moment, there will me more quests than originally planned, they have mentioned sidequests.
Stefan: What I found funny was their self-irony, I donĀ“t know if you have seen it, but on the end or the border of playable area, there were some roadworks and stuff like that.
Marc: this portable toilet stands in the landscapeā€¦
Stefan: It was hilarious, their team works with fun and eagerness, this will be a good game.
Marc: indeed. We will follow them further on so stay tuned and watch our channel for our plans in future.
Stefan: So: Kingdom come!
Marc: Yes.

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be critical of the trailer for a moment, so donā€™t kill me :smile:. I like it, but that may be because Iā€™m a fan since the beginning. However, even for me the overall impression was little bit disappointing.

The first thing that I think is really terrible in the trailer are those quotes from IGN and Gamespot. ā€œThe visuals are incredibely detailedā€? Wtf? That sounds really cringworthy, you can find this line written about almost any game, and it screams ā€œwe couldnā€™t find anything better that someone wrote about usā€. If the quotes arenā€™t something really exceptional and unique for your game, then itā€™s imo terrible idea to put them in the trailer. To be honest, the only game I have seen using quotes in their trailer in recet time was Witcher 3, and they used it only in the beginning and it was all review quotes saying something like ā€œ10/10, the best game everā€, which is something that deserves to be said. That is really not the case with cringy quotes like ā€œthere is no magic, but itā€™s magicalā€, or whatever the other quote was like.

Another thing that bothers me are those description lines on the bottom like ā€œcrafting, dynamic weather, role-playingā€ and so on. It just looks weird and itā€™s unreadable without pausing anyway. I donā€™t get the purpose of those, I think that trailer should atract attention of people and make them to find more info themselves, not to show a list of features. It imo doesnā€™t look like E3 trailer, but like kickstarter trailer, like if you were doing it for a kickstarter campaign.

Another thing that seems bad to me is how dead some people, and by proxy the whole trailer look like. I understand that the faces are not finished yet, but why to show so many close-ups then? In combination with lack of any voices or speaking, the trailer looks a little bit like a world of blank undeads fighting each other.

And the last thing that isnā€™t good is imo music. I canā€™t say that I donā€™t like it, but I canā€™t say I like it either. Am I the only one who thinks the music sounds like if it was from a 20 years old b-grade historical movie? Iā€™m not a music expert so this is just my feelings, but it really didnā€™t sit right with me. I suppose the aim was to make it sound historical, but to me it just sounds outdated. This is not a music that will make anyone excited, and I think that even ā€œhistoricalā€ music can sound modern. Again, it is just me, I have nothing really to back my opinion with, but it just really feels ā€œmehā€ to me.

To sum it up, the word that comes to my mind when describing the trailer is amateurish. And even reaction of people is quite reserved from what I can tell. On reddit no one really cared and when I exclude fans, the most common reaction is ā€œhmm interestingā€. I donā€™t think the trailer does justice to the game.

1 Like

6 Likes

I though the trailer was pretty good, maybe not as good as the Kickstarter trailer, but not a flop by any means. I didnā€™t mind the quotes very much, but in all trailers I mostly tend to ignore them. I agree with Freix that visually the trailer doesnā€™t do the game complete justice when you play the alpha the game looks stunning!

Here the work in progress faces make it look a bit less than ideal. Some of the animations are awesome and some (unfinished?) look not that great - I loved the training scene when the guy pushes away the opponent with a wooden sword - I felt that poke even sitting in my computer chair. :smiley:

In my opinion the music is spot on, I like it as it is.

6 Likes

Thanks for the translation!

1 Like

Well I think for E3 they have to show a different kind of trailer. In all the hustle and bustle and diaries packed with meetings a slow, atmospheric trailer would be lost on the journalists. They needed to show something dynamic and actiony. Itā€™s a ā€œmarketingā€ trailer, for short-attention-span journalists and media.

5 Likes

Some text stuff on rpgamer.com.