Warhorse at E3 - UPDATE** NEW TRAILER FOUND ON IGN

what do you mean what era? it’s going to be the same character and setting and story.

Ah ok, I must have missed the info about the other acts somewhere.

Here are some news, its again Ze Germanz who talk about it:

Kucken! Los, Los! Shnell Shnell!

2 Likes

Hi here you get some brief updates we send to our Prague HQ. Enjoy!

Tuesday:

What happened so far: we got a fabulous 4k, 70” TV (the one NVIDIA lent us was actually a bit crap), we also got some speakers and other stuff, printed out some screenshots, so overall I think our booth looks very presentable.

We also finally got a working build, many thanks to all of you at Warhorse working on it. After some problems with builds from Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the late afternoon Tuesday build actually performed quite well. But Martin has been patching the last *.pak file literally just minutes before the first journalist came which goes on to show, that some things just never change.

In the middle of the first presentation, the whole computer suddenly crashed – rebooted Windows – and minutes later did it again. That made us a bit nervous, but actually the fault was probably with the power supply from the E3 organizers, not a hardware or software fault. At any rate, we haven’t experienced this problem since.

We have visited some potential business partners (i.a. Namco and Sony), but we have no Earth-shattering news on this front. I think the meetings with journalists have been much more interesting, but as I was away most of the time, I trust JR, Tobi or Dan will writemore about it. From what I have seen and heard, people do like the game and see it as very promising.

I hope to be back tomorrow with more news,

Wednesday:

And the second day of E3 is over! Thanks to Dan and Tobi for non-stop presenting KCD to press, fans and fellow developers! We met CD-Action.pl, WorthPlaying.com, CanardPC.com, Games.cz, TechRaptor.net, Official Xbox Magazine, 4players.de, RPGamer.com, GamesRepubli.com, RPGsite.net, Pressfire.no, Vandal.net, PC Games DE and IGN.com today.

Thanks to Tobi we had a great evening in luxury Beverly Hills $15k/months mansion with cool guys from Rocket Beans, official Twitch partner of E3 live stream (originally from Germany). The live stream with Dan and Tobi will be available later:

Don’t even mention all those great fans and backers who just stopped in our booth to say HI (and grab a T-shirt). See for yourself.

Our trailer was exclusively published by IGN with great comment!
This Skyrim-like RPG features crazy-good graphics and hints at complex medieval combat

And the trailer is also out on our YouTube now:

Heading to bed before last full day of meetings and the community party (orginized by @rick5292)!

Thursday:

Yesterday was the last E3 day and also a community party, Tobi lost his hotel key and slept on the street (actually it was a trailer park! :slight_smile: ) and we are all a little bit tired. Anyway, it was a very busy day especially for Dan and Tobi, who did nonstop presentation for 8 hours at E3 and then again in the irish pub. Thanks guys!

We presented KCD to PCGamesN, The Koalition, Jeuxvideo.com, Maniac DE, Electronic Gaming Monthly, The Inquisitr News, Game Revolution, Pixell, VersusMedia, Hrej, Gamesite, Bonusweb, Gamezone DE Re-play, Gamestar DE, HeyChrissa (youtuber), Games Machine, Crytek, Nvidia and Kotaku.

Here you can see how most of the presentations look like:

Then we headed to Casey’s Irish Pub in LA downtown to meet fans, backers, journalists and Kotaku (again). Thanks to help from @rick5292 and Oliver from GEN Studio we had really awasome party with 60+ people! We showed them trailer, game and Dan and then Adam played some live music. Very nice people and great end of the show! See Adam play his tune in the following tweet! :slight_smile:

So this is it! :slight_smile: 3 Days of E3! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You slept outside in LA in or near a trailer park? You sir are officially Gangster!

2 Likes

So there is a version i can’t archive?! :sob: :smile:
game v0.1 build2879 v3.6.6.2879
update v0.2 build3047 v3.6.11.3047
update v0.2.1 build3047 v3.6.11.3047
update v0.3 build3189 v3.6.16.3189

give me all your builds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are you saying you can still access these builds?

I thought about to install it in a VM(Virtual Maschine). And make for every build a copy…, but hey it´s only a game. Who needs the old creep (build) really?
The new build is important! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I think it wouldn´t work (for playing) because you need a internet conect (and the performance of course)… :grin:

History my friends…
it is the same as Doom 3, WoW, STALKER Alphas and Unreal/Tournament 2/2003 Betas
and again STALKER.
See the differences between them all, locate edited sections and look how to realize that and this, etc.
Learn by watch and learn by reverse features.
Okay atm it is useless because i can’t access or extract format and files.
But yeah, i can’t playing these old builds
but Back to Topic :sunny:
A more complete changelog for next update would be very nice!
In E3 videos we can see a long list on one of the third start splashes!

Some late video update from E3 :smiley:

5 Likes

He will hate me for this, but I could not resist the urge.

Mr. Vávra MEME

6 Likes

The combat is coming along beautifully!! I can definitely see how it needs a lot of work to make it more smooth and fluid, but I can’t wait to try it out! It looks great!!! I know Dan said that stamina will be more important than health, but I hope that you can wound your enemy. Like if you cut his arm, then he shouldn’t be able to use it. Or if you start to wound your opponent badly enough, it will show during combat. I don’t want the enemy to appear at 100% health and strength the whole battle, and then suddenly drop over dead once health reaches zero. Know what I mean?

2 Likes

Yes, I really wanna be able to break/cripple arms/legs with a hammer or mace.

1 Like

currently, characters plop over when you defeat them. i wonder if they can do some kind of blended animation where they have some kind of procedural or varied death animation determined by killing wound type that blends into a ragdoll. or maybe just make death ragdoll sturdier so they don’t fall strangely.

Something like this propably, I am sure WH can implement one handed NPC’s :blush:

Would be cool that if you get your foe to bleed you could keep your distance and wait his wound to tire him and then finish him. FATALITY!

2 Likes

For those who haven’t seen it yet a nice interview from E3 posted recently.

"…Makes Skyrim look like a potato…"

3 Likes

he was generous. it makes skyrim look like something else that’s brown and lumpy

3 Likes

does anyone know if there’s a video of Daniel at the battle reenactment that he was involved in? I would very much like to see it xD

I dont think so. But there are some photos.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/11258486_943682608997324_4979933997717452989_n.jpg?oh=6014e5522150d61ca9ea2b13ada12cba&oe=561B4003

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/11012617_943682592330659_1046888212219552690_n.jpg?oh=edcc00d0c1e25bd42eea25861f8543e6&oe=5612E02C

2 Likes