Warhorse Studios Makes A New Game: What would you want it to be?

Medieval Japan would be interesting, but my vote would be to make a game based upon The Great Siege of Malta (1565).
Use the story in the awesome novel “The Religion”, by Tim Willocks.

Hideyoshi Invasion (of Korea) aka Imjin War

The Hundred years war between France and England?

2 Likes

I concur your excellency

Only if you know nothing about vikings

Viking conquest sucks though. And it’s the closest thing to a true viking rpg

Your trolling right?

A viking game has never been done correctly

With that logic you could say bohemian Knights are all hacknslash no story

Bethesda is a prime example of removing features with every sequel when they should be adding features. Then they wrap up the progressivly worse stories with some lighting effects and slight graphical improvements. By the time you get to skyrim there are no attributes or classes what so ever. And I absolutely hate the aesthetic of skyrim. Everything looks like a clunky plastic Halloween costume. The developers knew nothing about history, armor or martial arts.

Then they rely on the molding community to make it playable

Modding community

Don’t care. I wouldn’t buy it.

My biggest hope is that triple A game developers see some of the things Warhorse is doing and incorperate them into their games.

1 Like

Still waiting to see what they can do with this game.
Buy their next game? Not so fast.

1.) Viking era playing as an eviler pagan character.
2.)the 100 years war between France and England
3.)during any crusade as Knight Templar
4.)may be in feudal Japan as their combat system will work well with samurais fighting style.

A lot of good ideas in this thread, feudal Japan comes up alot I would be worried that it would be a niche playerbase unless it was done ridiculously amazing, but im bias i think mostly from the over saturated amount of ancient Asian era games that are out these days, that said I feel the same way about a Norse era game not that I wouldn’t love to play either.
but kcd had something different that really appealed to me.
Some more good shout outs I seen Greek and or Roman era, the Crusades, French Musketeers and War of the Roses would all make great games. One i was surprised i did not see on here at all i think was early north American frontier, might be on the cusp of being too gunny tho.
At the end of the day I would like to see these guys make a fantasy game something a little less confined to historical accuracy as this game gripped me with some Morrowind nostalgia, whether its kcd2 or something wholly different Warhorse has nailed the gameplay and engine with this one and i cant wait to play more from these guys!

Great idea! the North American frontier (Pennsylvania, please!) around 1750 - leading up to and including the French and Indian War (The Seven Years War, as it was known in Europe).

Think many verge on cartoonish. Hideyoshi invasion/Imjin War would be similar in scope to Hussite Wars.

30 years war would be a lot more substantial … one not given its proper attention in N America (and Anglo-centric world)

We already have many fantasy game likes Skyrim, Witcher, Dragonage etc but WH did something new they made a game without any magic and fantasy I think they should keep on doing that cuz that’s what separates them from other studios.

1 Like