Warhorse Studios Makes A New Game: What would you want it to be?

Wish I could say KCD is Total War with quests and a backstory, but it’s not. Just doesn’t have enough combat battling to be considered so

Yea i did not necessarily mean fantasy in such a strong sense, more a really neat story not so much as magic and dragons.
Too see the creative freedoms and the interesting world they could put together but i agree i dont need a kcd withcer game hehe

Yes I agree in larger battles it would have been really nice if they had shield wall formation or some other group tactics not like now where in big battles everyone is 1V1 or maybe 2 or 3 V 1 each other.

1 Like

after i googled Hideyoshi invasion/Imjin as i was not familiar that would be a good one for sure and i agree a lot if not most are cartoonish, I only meant it could be a tough sell because of the volume of games. I know if Warhorse put it together it would be great for sure.

It’d be a tough sell for larger (Eur/N America) market but there are lots of Korean and Japanese gamers. And, yes, if WH gave it the same attention, the game would be well worth purchasing

I agree, unfortunately that era isn’t on the radar of the average North American. But with the wide-spread hell that was the Thirty Years War, where do you focus? Almost too much going on at that time for a new KCD style game.

It would have to be very modular and vast. My approach would be a bit like Dragon Age. Instead of being elf, dwarf, etc. you join the game a citizen soldier of one of the various different factions (combatant/impacted nations/kingdoms). Each faction would have its own story arc or trajectory. Each faction would emphasize or focus on a particular play element but there would be convergence (battles and quests in common)

I’m not familiar with Dragon Age, but I’m all for a game set in the early 1600s in Europe. From your fingers to God’s (Warhorse’s) eyes…

Oh dear God Warhorse, do the world a favour & make an actual, gritty, horrific, HISTORICALLY ACCURATE, WWII game! Gamers are cryiing out for one! Call of Duty & Battlefield have let everyone down by attempting to alter and/or whitewash the past for the sake of pandering to a wider, casual audience. Please, swoop in & save the day!
You’re the only developer that has the balls to tell the story of the second world war in graphic, unbiased detail. I want you to traumatise me. I wanna have PTSD by the time i reach the credits. Show the world the true horrors our grandfathers & great grandfathers endured. Help us Warhorse… You’re our only hope…

I would like an adventute game like “Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine” with a lot of atmospheric locations to explore with interactions and puzzles. Swimming, diving, climbing etc. and no tutorials, info messages or hints.

1 Like

is the world ready for a game with the Einsatzgruppen, istrebitel’nye bataliony, unit 731 (731部隊), etc ?

is the world ready for a game with the Einsatzgruppen, istrebitel’nye bataliony, unit 731 (731部隊), etc ?

No, and let’s be honest, they never will be. KCD already made people scream like little bitches and lo and behold, nobody here gave a fuck. If Warhorse adds killable children, the world will bitch and we’ll still buy it straight from here if needs be. People don’t want to remember history and would rather alter it to fit their agendas. If Warhorse sticks to the truth when making their games, eventually nobody will bitch because nothing will come of it.

Unfortunately, for a fuller telling of conflicts within last ~100 yrs, believe some agendas will target WH and subject it to risk

1 Like

And play the victimization card, the equality card, & don’t forget the misogist white man card. if the game doesn’t portray their warped view of history

A game where you play a proud crusader who fight against Islam.

2 Likes

As I previously suggested - a game set on Malta during the Great Siege of 1565.
Along the lines of the novel “The Religion” by Tim Willocks.

Why is that more compelling for you than the Battle of Vienna (1683)?

I would love to see a game set (again, as historically grounded as possible) in some place that hasnt been done to death… like ancient Mesopotamia, Indus Valley, Olmec/Maya, or various ancient African cultures. Something different that just isnt out there. I want to learn about other people’s histories that I have never had the chance to experience like this before.

1 Like

I can think of a few places that game won’t go over well……. :slightly_smiling_face:

A good game must not go well everywhere and for everyone. Only mainstream AAA games were made to generate the most possible profit everywhere.