@Warhorse: I'm Putting down the pitchfork

Alright I’ll bight. What do you know about it?

change mgmt has been a problem since the torch bug was released

Here’s link to a comment I made 20 days ago

You mean not being able to change out the torch with out going to inventory?

Yes, someone at WH said a mistake was made in creating release package that caused it

Not unheard of for immature and inexperienced product teams to have testing (esp regression testing) and/or change control issues when pushed to release … especially when under pressure

Uh, fix the console version? Since you and WarHorse need what that means momma bird pre chewed and barfed back into your crying mouths, I’ll state what should be obvious to anyone but a twit.

Fix the Halberd bug and screen shake bug on consoles. This is priority number one, along with the whatever other well documented bugs actual prevent players from PLAYING. Side quest, even main quest bug fixes are secondary to bugs that literally render playing impossible. Don’t you dare make console players wait for 1.43 when it’s not even released on Steam yet to be able to be able to PLAY YOUR GAME.

KC:D is such a huge yet dense and amazingly detailed world. As long as the core game runs you could go for hours just learning how to shoot a bow properly and love it. Problem is the core of the game is broken for more than ten thousand console players. So fix the game breaking bugs before you add goddamn colored Easter eggs.

Moving along, and the rest will be rapid fire.

Announce one single person as the giver of KC:D update news. Stop making excuses and start building the reputation of a solid company with the console community. This means putting your fans desire play as your number one priority. Fix the game breaking bugs on console and tweet and post on your official forum the moment its ready for download. Not that “it’ll be ready sometime today”, no, that its fucking READY TO DOWNLOAD NOW. And it better fix the Halberd and screen shake bugs at minimum.

Until the game is fixed on console, I will call out each and every one of you apologetics on this forum.

Those are bugs, not a change management expectation.

Spoon feed? Trying reading first: actionable quality goals and expectations <— posted over a month ago

What is your tolerance threshold for delay? Do you want WH to release versions that require immediate hotfix? What are MS and Sony’s agreement with vendor when vendor recognizes need for hotfix? If there’s a 1-2 day delay between hotfix cert and next version (incl fixes to gamebreaking main quest bugs) cert, do you wait?

Are you seriously advocating that consoles should not get the latest build even though its already practically in the can? And whose mouth is crying? It’s really hard to take you seriously.

It was my(I’ll admit uneducated) understanding that those things were traded off, at least on consoles, for a more stable game. Is that not correct?

There is a graphics element that is a trade off/concession. WH has broken/corrupted functionality beyond dialing down to balance … come on, Jan admitted to torch and Daniel admitted to corrupt data in Easter release

Wow, hard to take you seriously now as well. You keep wanting me to give you some sort of specific action plan. What does FIX THE GAME BREAKING BUGS FIRST mean to you?

I don’t care what hoops need jumping through at this point to get it done. Not my problem to solve. I’m going to star gaze now. Goodnight.

LOL…good thing, because I’m pretty sure WarHorse dosen’t have any magic wands.

Let’s say there are 10. Roll out fixes one at a time? Does WH have your permission to lump 2 if it means 1 more day? Lump 2 if 2 more days? Lump 3 if 3 more days? Or wait till all 10 ground breaking bugs fixed before release? 1.4.2 includes ground breaking bug fixes; pre-releases notes for 1.4.3 are?

Ya, I don’t know. When I look at what programmers do it just makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. I guess I’ll have to take your word for it for now.

Don’t have to be a programmer to understand software change management and computer system validation

Regression testing is the idea that when you make a change you can break something else so you re-test to verify the other things are still ok. Now, with complex software, nobody re-tests everything. So you make a risk assessment. What’s likely to have been changed in a way that could corrupt performance?

This is where immaturity and inexperience of process can rear its head. You are new to ‘stuff’ (engine/code/etc) so you’re less likely to guess correctly where problems are. You don’t test. You don’t catch the problem and a new bug appears.

Change control is another issue. You want to make sure you’re rolling out the right stuff. When you have many testers and developers working together, it can get confusing what is the final product. If you aren’t careful, you can implement bogus or outdated script and/or reference data. There’s a tool called a traceability matrix many use in software validation (especially medical device software by regulatory expectation) to make sure only the right stuff gets into production. Again, when the process is immature and inexperienced (and sometimes undocumented/ill defined), mistakes can be made in the go live implementation steps. This appears to have happened at least 2 times with KCD.

1 Like

You strike me as the type of guy who needs a pop up picture book and study time to find a lady’s little man in the canoe. I’m sorry I said that to you, its just I’m tired of saying the same thing to you in different ways. Seriously though, turning off my phone now because I can’t stop responding to this circus show.

@Indylux Many rational people can accept a small delay if it means they get something in return. You don’t like delay but are unable to articulate what that means. The problem is you.

You strike me as hypocritical, naive, emotionally overcharged

1 Like

I don’t think they know how to fix the game breaking bugs.

I am beginning to believe that they don’t have the skills to learn how to fix them.

I think the “patches” are just stuff they intended on releasing anyway. Easter eggs at Easter sounds like something they had ready for release anyway… I bet the beard and haircut thing was DLC that they decided to offer as a broken “Patch” and then tack on “Oh, and 200 bugs fixed!”

I doubt they know how to fix, or can figure out how to fix, any of the stuff that really matters…

2 Likes

@DantedellaBroadway I hope you’re wrong for our sake and theirs

There’s an obvious perception problem. In the survey yesterday, about a fifth of the respondents said they wouldnt buy the next installment based on current experience and sentiment. It’s not doomsday but somebody at WH needs to not just hear but listen, and then respond in kind

2 Likes

If you look at the pc 1.42 threads, they all seam pretty happy with the current build. You might be right about xbone though. there is just no way to make the home console preform as well as the dev. kits. Microsoft will have to share the blame for that though.

Granted Dunia and the WHish CryEngine aren’t the same, FC5 doesn’t bomb on XB(1), does it?