WASD controls are not for me

I suppose so

We haven’t spoken in a while proky, how have you been?

I’ve heard he’s omnipresent but shhhhhh.

We are now concentrating on more urgent and essential stuff which if missing would break parts of the game or render them unusable. ‘Hardcoded’ controls are no such thing. You can play with them perfectly though possibly not comfortably. Rebindable keys however a basic and relatively simple feature are planned for much later down the road.
However I understand the frustration. I used to play on arrows up until relatively recently and I very well remember what it felt like to into a non-rebindable game. And frankly I also dislike some of our current controls. Until we implement the feature or at least some basic support (like ini file) maybe try using some key remapper/rebinder software. Can’t guarantee functionality though.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response.

I guess I’ll just keep checking back each month until I can play test with everyone else.

1 Like

I just bought the Beta and am disappointed I can’t remap the keys on my keyboard.
Being left handed the current keymapping doesn’t work for me.
I’ll have a walk around the village but anything else I’ll have to wait.
When can we expect a remappable keyboard in your timeline?

2 Likes

Why doesn’t WASD work for the sinister folk?

Just move the keyboard across, during combat you only need the cluster that falls under one hand. Seems unlikely that this only works for dextrous folk.

(Alternatively use a controller).

Put your right hand on WASD and left on mouse.Now try reaching all the different keys
 doesn’t work very well does it!!!

1 Like

Please configurable keys and mouse for next update!

I would like to communicate problems or bugs, but movement with WASD is terrible. That’s why I don’t play much.

I don’t want to be “that guy” but it has been almost a year (Sep '15) and still no access to change the keys.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make that option available asap. I want to play.

Thank you.

Just bought the game and I agree with the need to remap the keys. I don’t use WASD either, I use ASDX (why I do this doesn’t matter nor should it matter). Any idea when key binding will be implemented?

At this rate I wouldn’t expect it until release.

Well, that’s a shame. The game is beautiful and I’m already interested in the story. But until I can rebind the keys, WASD and Q for block (huh?) is nearly unplayable for me. I might have to shelve this for the time being.

Are you serious? Why not in beta?

Right now there are no new updates for Beta planned as we are already late with the development. The Beta is just temporary and our goal it to produce a finished game at the end.

Is there a date for release?

The game will be released in 2017.

PC hardcore gamer? Xbox pad implementation is superb tho, maybe youl like that more?

Left handed people usualy use arrow keys.

I don’t use game pads. I have not owned a console in 30 years. :slight_smile:

Considering the calibre of the developer, i’d say it’d be safe to assume they’ll add an in game calibration menu. Until then, you can use programs to swap your keyboard’s buttons around. I swap WASD for arrow keys in supreme commander using UIX software but that is specific to my keyboard.