WASD controls are not for me

Well, there is some development on this side of the game.

well, that didn’t take long! :smiley:

as many people here will tell you
 it did and it will :smiley:

A game in 2016 where you can’t configure your key bindings, that would be odd.

Not talking superiority of WASD, ESDF, arrows, TFGH or whatever, but just in the beta, having to press Q to parry, and trying to strafe left while I parry 

Whoever set Q to parry should be hit by a halberd 3 times :smiley:

Beating a dead horse. The control options exist in the developer branch (the only one that matters) as can be seen just a few posts above.

1 Like

True enough, still wanted to vent my frustration at a slightly stupid default control setup ;). Keybinding option or not, default settings should be well defined and practical. Most users will eventually use default controls, best to leave them with the right setup. I mean, how many games nowadays still set C as the default “crouch” option ? Same deal than this Q for a parry, really. Q and E should be reserved for quick stroke keys.

I suppose it is @Vik who just earned a halberd hit? :smiley:

Some of us are left handed and use the left hand for the mouse. Arrow keys would be great for me.

I agree,I also can’t use WASD, it would take me weeks to get used to it, I am used to being able to customize keybinds, all major MMORPGs have this option. There are are many long term players who will need this. Please allow this in the future.

Since when do you need to own a console to use a game pad? I use a game pad and it works pretty well with this game. Using a analogue stick instead of clunky buttons is just better for this type of game.

Last time he used consoles gamepads didn’t have analog sticks, why would he care if hes been used to M&K why would he feel the need to switch it up?

You don’t, why would you have or use one otherwise?

Why would you have one otherwise? Because some games are better with a game pad over keyboard and mouse.

How would you know this without having both to compare the two?

Just because it’s better for one player doesn’t mean it’s the same for all.

What? That doesn’t make sense at all. What makes you think I don’t have both to compare the two? Gamepads do work in PCs, you know this yes? Also it is a fact that a gamepad is better then a keyboard and mouse for some games.

I never said anything about what you own. Pay attention to the context of the conversation and you won’t be so confused.

This is not a fact but an opinion. Just becuase something is better for one person’s experience does not reflect another’s.

This subject covers two factors skill and preference.

Exactly, opinion is not fact. Not everyone shares that opinion. I used a controller for GTA V recently, but still used a mouse to snipe. Wheels were popular in driving games, and while I found them useful in arcade games, (remember arcades?) I have never used a wheel on a PC or console that wasn’t absolutely terrible
 And yet some people have a completely different opinion about wheel controllers.

1 Like

If it is only preference find me one person who would rather play a racing car game with a keyboard and mouse over a controller.

cough cough

Hi

3 Likes

Aside from @ProkyBrambora who responded on his own accord I have a steam list full of people who play ALL games exclusively with K&B because of preference.

2 Likes

I always find it funny that people try to paint k&m as inferior and clunky, when controllers are the ones that need auto aim.