Weekly Torch - the barrel of questions

I don’t know about bohemia but there are manuscripts with melodies and accords, like the Roman de Fauvel in France

@warhorse: I edited my questions to Victor, is it possible to relay them to him or is it too late?

He will get them in the next year after the holiday seasons, so it isn´t too late
Same for Jan Valta

For those interested, this is the orchestral arrangements for the metal band Jan Valta spoke of.

And this is his symphony FULCANELLI.

When does your holiday season edns on the 6th?

I just ask, as I accumulated some questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, i am back in the office now. I will try to get Jan´s and Viktor´s answers next week

For now, we will have another Weekly Torch with our Environment Artist Henrieta Vajsabelova, please ask questions to her now.

Hello Henrieta, I have to say, this game has the best and beautiful landscape in a game ever.

Here are some questions:

1: Could you tell us the last graphic bugs which you have worked on?
2: How many graphical bugs are still open?
3: Does those bugs contain animations
3.1: If yes, was/is at least one bug in this finding list: Missing Animations/Particle Effects/Textures ?
4: About the Ultra-High settings
4.1: Will there be reflection on any clear liquid surface like water in mugs/cauldrons?
4.2: Will there be Shadows on any unclear liquid surface like water in mugs/cauldrons?
4.3: Will there be reflection on any clear small surface like chalices/glasses?
4.4: Will there be Shadows on any unclear small surface like mugs?
4.5: Will there be multiple shadows depending on different light sources?
4.6: Will there be reflections on transparent surfaces (Glass Shaders)?
4.7: What entities will have local reflections?
4.8: What other fine things have you worked on to improve the already good graphics?
5: At the time when you made other assets
5.1: Did you made sword stands and are those interactable?
6: Are your easter eggs antichronistic (I hope not to see fences and mobile toilets :stuck_out_tongue: )

Hi Henrieta, and thank you for nice interview!

Cups and glasses on screenshot look beautiful, not only reflexed area, but everything about them. Do you work only with materials, or do you somehow override native CryEngine functions (shaders) by yourself? Don’t know if my question is understandable now, I do a only little graphical programming in my free time, so this question might be wrong…

When working on POIs on world map, did you have to ever travel to real world area to see how does it look like there? Or have you ever done that becuase of pure interest?

Uuurm, why does Henry have BOOBS??? Some gender correct story twist?
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/3X/6/a/6a3561e656d23e7b00f94c5b5d9b75cdfd5839c6.jpg

TRICKY! Blade Runner - old one or new one? Harrison Ford or Ryan Gosling?

@warhorse I know it’s by far too late, but exams at university are killing my onlinetime :no_mouth: Please forward my questions to Jan Valta if it’s still possible to do so:

a) Did you make any last-minute-changes when playing your symphony with the orchestra for the first time? I’ll just suppose you did, if yes, were it only “minor” changes or big ones as well?
b) Do you think there’s a chance of seeing you conduct the KCD-music on real stage some time? I definitely wouldn’t want to miss that like I missed the weekly torch…
c) Who’s your favourite conductor (besides your father, of course :smile: )?

1 Like

Yes, it is still time :slight_smile:
I will try to get his answers this week, but I can´t promise.

1 Like

Good Here are some more for Jan

Extr 1: For now it seems that there are three different combat mood music (Generic, Victory, Loss). Is it planned to have more like (Slightly Disadvantage, Slightly Advantage, Middle Advantage, Middle Disadvantage, Victory, Loss?)

the poor guy in the heading picture getting put on blast picking his nose. you ruthless bastards can’t a person root without being shamed :DDD

Now you can ask questions to our designer Martin Strnad

1 Like

Hey Martin,

Noticed your gravitation towards immersive sim style games. That is possibly my very favorite genre and I was wondering if you have gotten the chance to check out Prey yet? I feel like it slipped under a lot of people’s radar and it has really captured me in the time I have put into it.

3 Likes

Ahoj Martin,

Immersion over all - count me in :slight_smile:

Thank you for caring of the small details and pleasing all people with a keen eyes for details (like me :stuck_out_tongue: )

Here are some questions :slight_smile:

1: In the beta there were open chests and sacks full op vegetables, will the visible content match the amount of objects. A chest full of apples (model with texture) but the content is one apple or vice versa does not look good :slight_smile:

2: Are you also responsible for the spawning of particle effects and decals. e.g, when someone chops wood, small splinter decals. Is there any possibility to tweak the lifetime so, that it depletes, when we do not face it on-camera… Disappearing objects on-camera are very immersive breaking, they can be destroyed (for performance reasons) if we do not see them and are not in close vicinity.

3: Will NPC who do not have a visible purse, still have smalllootable items besides the clothing, it would look strange if they would have more items like apples, or armor or anything that does not fit into pockets or purses.

4: Immersive buying:

OK let’s start with immersive buying and selling :slight_smile:

4.1: Will the shopkeepers, go to their storage and then one by one carry the selected items (I mean I couldn’t carry five helmets and two breastplate at once : ) ) and put them on the display?
4.2: Will Henry be able to grab those items and see them, e.g. rotate them to see them from all sides, just to make sure that it is still mint :slight_smile:
4.3: Then after the haggling, will Henry lay the amount of gold in a purse onto the display and the shopkeeper will count the money (will it be possible to cheat as to give less money into the purse) and can some shopkeepers be cheated upon, there might be still naive ones though :wink: )
4.4: After the transaction you can then grab the items and equip them or put it in the purse :slight_smile:
4.5: During the whole process will it be possible to grab something from the display and steal it.
4.6. The whole stock should be in the storage which could be lock picked by night :slight_smile:

OK, how immersive does this sound and how many of those points will we see in the game if not due to release then maybe later ?

5: Now for immersive selling :slight_smile:

5.1: Will Henry put the selected items onto the display one by one?
5.2: Will then the Shopkeeper be able to grab those items and see them, e.g. rotate them to see them from all sides, just to make sure that it is still mint :slight_smile:
5.3: Then after the haggling, will the Shopkeeper lay the amount of gold in a purse onto the display and then the player might count the money (will it be possible that the shopkeeper cheat) and can Henry react to it?
5.4: After the transaction will the shopkeeper put the items one by one into his store.
5.5: During the whole process will it be possible that the shopkeeper grab something from the display and tries to steal it and how can Henry react to it?
5.6. The sold items should be in the storage which could be lock picked by night :slight_smile:

OK, how immersive does this sound and how many of those points will we see in the game if not due to release then maybe later ?

6: A more immersive GUI:

As a pen & paper game-master. I have encountered a phenomenon. After a while the players concentrate more about the optimization of the stats then on the role-play. Personally I try to counter this with more bonuses for good role-playing but I wondered that this is due to open numbers. Have you and your colleagues tried to create a GUI with no visible numbers at all. Percentages or more vague indicators like a scale from very bad to master (1 - 10) could be more immersive and could the player let more concentrate on the role playing than on number optimization. And even if you are a master there are still factors, like mood, hunger, fatigue, or some damn luck that might change the outcome of a battle.
I am just asking if you have ever thought about this. Of course internally the numbers must be exact :slight_smile:

7: In the latest game play shopkeepers sold Bandit Items? Will we have some black market stuff :slight_smile: And will this be sold off-hours :wink:

8: Are the prices nearly authentic or are they lowered?

Since you lose a home … could you buy one later on in game??? I was so shocked about this game I came across from youtube I’m a young black guy from Los Angeles that’s how effective y’all have been with all the vids and promotions I can’t wait for real!!! Thank you ahead of time … I’m gonna master this one

Sorry you can’t buy or build a home in the game. Maybe a mod will make this possible.
If you think about it the kingdom of Bohemia is in crises and at a sort of civil war. So the main character has at first other things to worry about than building a home when the enemy could be right lurking in the next forest.

1 Like

Yeah, i guess, someone just would make a free model of a home at the map and you will be able to stay there or even a castle. So, people, just calm down. Modders are gonna do everything for you, but you need to understand, why developers didn’t give a home to Henry .

1 Like

I really appreciate ur response good looking out … it was jus something I been thinking about I mean this is like the first realism I have seen only other game is that (Identity Game) it’s not out yet but I been watching the making of it, it’s coming along it’s based on realism in modern times like today soo both to me kind of remind me a lil of each other… not to take anything away from either game there both great

1 Like

I already have the answers from Jan Valta and will upload them soon, and Martin Strnad works his answers right now, but for now, you can ask questions to Ondřej Stuchl

What about our beloved Victor? :slight_smile:

2 Likes