What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

I think there’s always a danger in a project promising too many features, like feature- creep. I think that’s a problem that Star Citizen is having right now.

Trying to do too many things versus just doing a small amount of things well can hurt a game in my opinion.

However, I agree with all of your points, a very alive world would be awesome. I just want to get to kick back in the forest or village and feel like I’m there, ya know. The side quests is an important thing too, no matter how fun and challenging the game is if the general quests are boring then I have trouble seeing an incentive to keep playing for too long cough cough Skyrim cough cough

This game has the potential to be the amazing medieval RPG I’ve always wanted! :smiley:

2 Likes

Peasant -> Soldier -> Knight -> Baron -> Viscount -> Earl -> Duke -> King -> Emperor -> Wenzel der Faule -> Pope -> Illuminatus -> Saint! :smiley: (kickstarter tiers)

1 Like

I want to see:

Player-owned property and the ability to customize these.

Player designed crest/banner

Player facial customization (I know they said they weren’t going to implement this, but it’s such a little thing really. And for crying out loud, if someone wants to play as a black person or an Asian, even though it doesn’t make sense what so ever, then let them? Who cares? As long as there is another satisfied player out there).

Skill/attribute based limitations rather than dead set limitations (if the development team feels that, for instance, a long sword is too heavy to use from horse-back - I totally disagree - then they should set a high strength requirement for doing so, instead of outright disabling the option to do so).

Multiplayer (another thing I want they said they weren’t going to do. I think there are going to be a few battles/stealth maps/other situations where it would be neat to pluck that from the game, turn it into a multiplayer mission and allow players to do Co-op. Maybe a siege mode, and an arena mode for versus, and a grand melee for more players wanting to fight. I know this is supposed to be a singleplayer game, and it’s not that I’m asking for this to be turned around into a major multiplayer success, I just think it would be nice to have the option).

Free-roam (Mafia did this, and these are the same devs I hear. I want to see a free-roam mode that can be activated at ANY POINT IN THE GAME, using a character you have from any save-game, where you can roam the world at the point in the game you’re at, and just deal with “random encounters”, hunt a little, kill some bandits or what not).

Player companions (A sergeant at arms, maybe a tracker or some other characters that are slightly more developed who will aid the main character as close friends or just subordinates… Depending on play style).

The ability to swim and dive.

Ability to set up a camp.

Cold-weather and rain effects on the player (hypothermia and illness, ect.)

The ability to carry more than just two weapons and a dagger (If I wanted to, I could probably effectively carry over 10 weapons that I could draw and sheathe… It would just make it significantly harder to move. Realistically speaking, I’d like to see the ability to carry at least 3 melee weapons (not counting a dagger), a ranged weapon, a quiver and a polearm.

Many armor designs with no favoritism (My favorite helmet is the sallet. My buddy likes the barbute. A friend of mine prefers the kettlehat. While we can probably agree that a full helmet offers better protection than an open faced helmet, I would be annoyed if the “best helmet in the game” was some sort of ugly pig-visored bascinet, because then it would give me less of an incentive to use my favourite helmet instead. I also want to see many different design options for various armor types, instead of like in skyrim where there’s, maybe two if you’re lucky, making everyone look the same).

Same as above, but with weapons (not saying different weapon categories shouldn’t offer different stats, but a longsword should be able to look the way you want it to look, and still not be any worse than those guys longswords that vary slightly in color… I hate it when games do that…)

A non-retarded friend/relationship system to NPC’s.

More than 5 voice-actors (I don’t even care if those voice actors don’t speak English in the game, but speak the local languages instead, as long as there are going to be subtitles. Of course this would be stupid if they were some of the main NPC’s, but who cares if some unimportant NPC farmer speaks french instead of English? Especially if he lives in France!)

Everyone is a character (Remember morrowind? Practically all NPC’s, despite being meaningless had their own name at least. It’s not that hard to come up with a few names instead of just naming them “Farmer”).

realistic equipment system. Need to carry stuff? Get a backpack, or saddlebags, or what ever.

I’d probably want a fast travel option that doesn’t require me to pay for it, at least to places I’ve visited before.

Quick-save, auto-save and perhaps even checkpoints, that are well placed in the game.

jousting - I love jousting.

Romance options - (It’s the medieval… Not a fairy tale. The character should be able to marry for the sake of gain. Love should not be mandatory or even guaranteed. That’s what mistresses are for, that is if you’re playing an immoral character. Cheating, whoring and all the things we loved from the witcher are things this game would also benefit from. I’d like it if there was an option to sire a bastard also.

Acrobatics (I always hate it when a game can put a 30 cm tall log in my way and effectively block my path. Who ever invented that maneuver deserves a special place in hell. The ability to vault over an obstacle is easy to make in 1st person view, and the ability to climb most things would greatly add to the game. Obviously I’m not asking for a remake of assassin’s creed, I’m just saying, if it’s humanly possible to climb it, why shouldn’t the character at least be able to attempt? There was that one PS3 post apocalypse game that had climbing but with an endurance counter, meaning if you spent too much time, the character would fall. Implementing something like this with armor and equipment weight factoring in would be awesome. )

Arma Style navigation (map and compas… Sure, if the player wants, turn on a minimap or something, but I’d like the option to keep it a little realistic)

Owning more than just property (most noblemen had hounds, several different breeds of horses, oxen and surfs.

Simple advancement system. (Dungeons and dragons has already been invented, and it has proved very complicated to implement into a computer game properly. Keeping it simple would be awesome).

2 Likes

Badass quotable one-liners.

4 Likes

Hello,
I’ve just seen the combat video. It’s amazing.
Up to now I have two wishes, I haven’t seen mentioned so far:
-In one of te videos the main character opens a crate. Well it looked like a ghost was opening it, like in many modern games, item interaction can’t be seen anymore. I know this a pre-alpha status, so perhaps this issue will be dealt with in the future.
IMO it is very important for the game atmosphere to see the caracters open crates, eating their food and drinking their beverages.

-I am very interested in the crafting system. At first I was shocked when it was said the crafting will be “mini-games”. I feared beeing a blacksmith could end up in quicktime events. Although it was not very complex i loved the smithing in the first part of the Gothic-series. Heating the metal up, going to the anvil, etc. I would love the crafting to be a kind of complex and divided in several steps.

What do you think about these issues?
Cheers, Thondral

Hello,

Despite all of these great ideas that were mentioned I have one concern about the combat system.
I saw the update of course, which brought us some amazing news, but I heard one phrase that concerned me a little bit:
“Block button, will block all upcoming attacks” - or something similar :wink:
Since I used to play a lot of M&B series I can’t imagine, that simply clicking one button will simply make kind-a-immortal, I’d like to be a little more challenging, when I have to move my mouse in the proper way to block the attack. Just like our character can attack in 6 ways, we should have the thing with blocking, where you have to quickly adjust to your enemy’s actions. I know it can be terribly hard to implement, but still, I’m just scared that this universal block button which blocks attacks from all six sides without any additional actions than clicking one button.

1 Like

Clearly they should have explained it better.

It will not make you immortal. Parrying will use stamina… so if you just hold the parry button you will run out and then loose. The skill is in pressig the button at the exact right moment. and doing so allow you to make “moves” that gives an opening to hit the enemy.,

1 Like

Ow, that’s very silly of me that I forgot about the stamina… That balances the difficulty I guess. Thanks for answering :slight_smile:

The ability to purchase real estate… Or build your own house

I hope the world will be large. I like exploring.

1 Like

it was a joke, yes, but also commenting on the fact that player designed crests would be about as realistic and historical as dragons.

Ready? crowd yells, FARMING!!!

I want a rewarding game experience even if I decide to play like an evil S.O.B. I completely understand if that isn’t the vision of this game, and I will still play it and enjoy it, but what I really want is a game that doesn’t penalize me for wanting to roleplay a terrible person.

I personally hope they don’t go too far down the road as GoT, but I’m doubting it’ll be anything like it at all. While I love the books/series, it gets a bit overdone sometimes in portraying what a dark setting it is.

A lot of what’s already been said sounds fantastic (what I’ve seen from the game so far included). I myself have always really enjoyed being challenged, like to the point of crying out for the love of god haha within moderation though obviously. I mean, things that are difficult stay difficult and vice versa…
I know this sounds really petty but I have always wanted a realistic inventory system. I hated playing oblivion and scrolling through, and finding I had 100 odd items in my imaginary back pack. I think if you want to take stuff with you it has to be stuff you need. A sword goes in a sheath/scabbard obviously but things like provision and sleeping stuff you’d need a bag and probably a horse to help you carry it. And I want it to be visible, if you want to get something you have to remember which bag you put it in and then get that from the bag. It would make things like surprise attacks way harder to get out of.
So yeah I know it’s a long shot, and that achieving that level of detail involves a lot of hard work but it would make this game stand out so much. Death to mindless button pressing for instant gratification! These things should be planned out.
So excited for this game :smiley: wish I could’ve gotten myself Baron status for the alpha testing… cheeeers

Really love the whole thing about people not caring about you. Player shouldn’t be made to feel special, they should have to earn all the friends they make therefore making them think twice about sacrificing them. Man the list just goes on and on hahaha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of side quests!

1 Like
  • realistic portrayal of weather and seasons:

• e.g. winter (snow-covered landscape while it snows/while it doesn’t snow; footprints etc.)

• thick fog

• rain

• minimal HUD/maximum immersion:

• e.g. the character is holding the map in his hands (like in Far Cry 2)

• less numbers, a more natural system to compare weapons/items/skills (it’s a game not a maths lesson); maybe via speech or animations or a combination of both

• head bob, people who don’t like it can turn it off in the options;
    also a slider (like in Painkiller) for the aggressiveness of the bobbing

• key for toggling HUD on/off completely on the fly (not just good for immersion but also for making screenshots)

• high replay value through randomization of little aspects; while taking the same approach (e.g. stealth) in a quest it shouldn’t always happen the exact same thing. Just little variations, not too randomized, though. maybe each NPC has a character profile of his/her own so there’s a repertoire of decisions useful for the current situation from which the NPC can choose randomly

• quest tasks should relate to the skill its improving:
    want to improve you sword skills? go do something fencing related
    (in video update 4 it sounded as if you just have to do some random quest and get better at fighting)

• ‘look at weapon’-button:
    like in CS:GO, so one can examine the weapon/item closely;
    maybe even hold that button and rotate the weapon/item with mouse movement

• blue prints for crafting (similar to Dead Island):
    player can find or purchase blue prints or get them via missions/quests; perhaps some blue prints just offer a refined crafting ‘recipe’, means the resulting weapon is slightly better than it would be without the refinement

• sword/weapon engravings:
    the player can enter some text (around 10 letters for example) and afterwards the game creates a texture of that text using some fraktur or blackletter font; the texture can then be put in predetermined place(s) on the weapon; of course this should be a very subtle feature

• random incidents/quests which are really fleshed out not just some clones of each other

[quote=“leechina, post:57, topic:74”]
3) Horse management system. Horse controls - more complex than “press W to ride”. I would like to see a system based on real rider’s actions with separate controls for legs (schen-kel, shank and ankle) and for hands (reins), so it would be interesting galloping for long distances, with a chance to be dismounted both in battle and out of battle (catch a tree branch with own head or a consequence of horse’s fear)[/quote]
So, when you’re attacking from horse back you have to press 20 buttons at once.
I like a challenge but that would be unplayable!

5 Likes

The #1 thing I’d want that’s not yet mentioned in 159 posts? A retirement plan. No, seriously, I want the developers to think about where the game will be when it’s on Kingdom Come #12. Everything you guys are doing is perfect, brilliant. But what about sustainability and continuity? What if you decide to expand that western edge of the map next time? Did you leave a hidden path to take us there? What if you go back two years earlier in the storyline in a later game? Did today’s characters have enough dark or deep secrects in the first game to give you something to explore in their past? What if that tortured soul NPC who makes everyone’s life miserable goes on a path of redemption through several games? Did you write just enough sensitivity in at the beginning to make the transformation believable?
This entire world is designed to be open, free and grounded in reality. I think the world of future games should be the same. But that only happens if you bury the seeds of those stories now. Otherwise, several games down the road, you will reach the “boundaries of the map” and like some over-the-hill once-famous band playing covers of its own songs, you’ll have to rehash some tired, earlier plots and pace in your cage. I’ve seen that happen to a lot of games. It’s that or jump the shark. And in this world, you can’t just whip out some magic pixie dust or space aliens or intergalactic cowboys to inject new life. You’ve got to work at it.
So most of all, I’d like there to be things in the game that we don’t know, don’t see, can’t fathom. But there should also be the subliminal plant (Joss Whedon was a master at that), seemingly unimportant words or happenings that float on the edges of our minds, so when you awaken the idea fullblown in a later game, we feel somehow as though it’s already familiar.

1 Like

Has anyone’s wishes of what they want to see in this game been granted yet? :smile: