What would you like in KCD2?

No AD-Links here please.

I would like to see that my choices in KC1 mattered. For example seeing the people you helped or having a unique dialogue with someone because of some quest you did.

2 Likes

That would require import

I just want character import with armor i really dont want to go thru the trouble off getting my cuman brigdine again

Hireable men. A limit yes, mainly for hardware reasons, but the game desperately needs hirable men.

You spend the entire game being taught numbers matter more than personal skill where despite being a lv20 endgame Beast whose won the skalitz tourney 20 times in a row occasionally peasants will still autogank you off your horse and beat you to death with a polearm, but at no point can you hire anyone to go with you. Meanwhile when Ulrich tags along the two of you tear through one of the biggest bandit camps in the game in seconds. You even can ask him to enter Radzig’s service but he says no because reasons. Same for your boys from skalitz who want to become banditsLite in their quest tree but the player can never just hire them to be tagalongs.

I can hear the hardcore people claiming it’d ruin the game as if exit save skimming, stealth mechanic cheesing, and riding your horse through a bandit camp in hopes you can get one guy separated at the end of their chase range is how the game was really meant to be played.

The main reason is endgame money and equipment, in that you have too much of it. Especially with From the Ashes installed, which produces infinite money. If you attempt to git gud at combat and stats to make the main quest and it’s combat doable you’ll be swimming in money and equipment and have your character in the best plate armor with the best weapons long before the game is even close to being over. Having the ability to hire even 2 more men, like your friends, spar with them to improve their skills, equip them in the piles of gear you can buy or will find, etc. would provide a much more satisfying money sink and as a mechanic balance the game significantly as endgame content.

With from the ashes Henry is unironically one of the top 10 most important people in the game. One of the most important non nobles in the region. I can understand the basegame not modifying dialogue to recognize it (would be a nice swap out for the “I’m in the service of Sir Radzig” though) but even within the expansion itself you can get waylaid on the road within sight of your own village yet can’t bring a few men from the garrison with you.

They have NPC tethering in game and use followers in the battles and few times you have an ally so it isn’t a coding or hardware reason for this hole in the game mechanics. KCD 2 should consider it strongly.

3 Likes

Finally someone explained what i been trying to say i would love to see fritz or matthew or even mattias as followers

1 Like

Also some very simple overhauls to combat.
Combos should only be TWO moves so they can actually be pulled off. Any enemy weak or unskilled enough to not interrupt a combo with a bullshit masterstrike or broken ground/verticality throwing off your attacks can just get jabbed to death far easier and quicker.

Combos shouldn’t be side specific. As a HEMA practitioner it’s fucking infuriating that the combat system aping at being historical and in depth treats leftlow-stab-stab as a combo but lefthigh/righthigh/righlow-stab-stab is nothing. Every combo should be mirrored vertically and horizontally and they might actually manage to get used in combat.

The person who instigates a clench should have an advantage not a disadvantage. You have the momentum behind you, you’re the aggressor putting the other person on the defensive. Ingame unless you are nearing max out strength your character loses every time. It flies in the face of everything talhoffer wrote. When you do max out strength it finally acts as it should against the mechanics of the game, opening up the opponent to a stagger and opportunity to strike. The clench could also be a nice area to add halfswording as an anti armor, high damage attack for longswords. The bandit heavies in full plate are only reliably killed by the remnants of mounted combat mechanics or highly historically accurate poisoned weapons. Otherwise it takes all day and if there are two of them you need to cheeze the fight (see my post about hiring men.) If henry drove his sword point in the armpit of the guy instead of punching him it’d be a different story; if the result of a clench was a high% chance one of the two combatants would be under the bleed effect you have a working, useful mechanic.

Masterstrikes are a very poor way to portray the concept of counter cuts and the way all npc behaviors are controlled by one set of RNG it means enemies throw them constantly when the player character hasn’t git gudd’d yet. Tying combat performance so heavily to stats sucks. It just does. You can’t pretend the game is realistic when health and sleep and poison potions exist so the idea henry should suck at combat and the player should be hamstrung by his skillset is fundamentally a terrible idea. Henry still goes from a blacksmith boy to 1v1 god of death in a few ingame weeks so it’s still unrealistic.

KCD2 do a time wipe. KCD should have had one instead of this too. If Henry was 10 in the opener and 18 in the game post intro via timewipe problem solved. He suddenly would have believable passable skill with weapons and you wouldn’t have the annoying, unimmersive, highly aggravating part where you need to grind his stats to the point he can swing a sword. It means people put off the main quest if they didn’t shut off the game.

Nothing at all. To be honest, I can’t imagine that KCD 2 will be better than the first part. KCD 1 was solidly financed with crowdfunding and could be created with great attention to detail. Now everything is in the hands of a publisher who primarily wants to earn quickly. I prefer to wait for good KCD 1 modifications.

Furthermore, I can not imagine that large cities with many NPCs can be implemented without performance problems. After all, there is an enormous amount of data that has to be processed.

POLEARMS! Polarms polarms polarms!!!

1 Like

Nice, ive never seen anything like that.

Having finally played band of bastards I can see the kernel of what I want in the base game concerning companions to make battles better, but it still falls short. It’s good to know they noticed the hole in the game but they didn’t or couldn’t go far enough in plugging the hole. The core of the DLC is what I wanted in the base game for henry as lategame; You have the means to be Sir Kuno a dozen times over.

spoilers

For instance, in the final scene where kuno can betray you it’s over (according to loot) 6000 grochen. At the time I had 100,000 grochen in my inventory after barely emptying the coffers of the village from “from the ashes” that made 2000 grochen a day.

Playing it and having to do some saveskimming in the skirmishes to save all the bastards it was always in the back of my head I had dozens of suits of full plate armor I couldn’t equip them with. The skirmishes in the DLC are some of the best in the game but there are so few of them compared to the random spawns of bandits you avoid or farm in the base game. If you had men of your own, each of the cheap or tedious fights in the open map could be at the scale of these scripted DLC fights with the same stakes- permadeath for companions. KDC2 (or if anyone could mod perma ulrich, fritz, matthew, etc. to follow you like mutt) with the ability to give/set your mens equipment, and/or AI behavior to loot enemies and equip themselves, would add a massive amount of depth and longevity to gameplay and replayability.

One detractor of the DLC is it shows even moreso some of the faults in the games AI behavior, in that there is only one behavior. The lightly armored archers on your side and the enemies will go to melee or get stuck in archery at melee distances, making them easy to cut down or be cut down. Something for KDC2 to greatly improve it would be different AIs; archers should run if able and attempt to keep distance from enemies, lightly armed troops should avoid heavily armed ones unless in groups, random bandits shouldn’t be master swordsmen, etc.

It could be said this would be making the game not like the game, too much like skyrim or like a first person M&B, but the problem is the game feels like it should be there. You have the means, even the named characters with voiceacting sitting around doing nothing, and the need (as quests teach you to go back for men instead of soloing content) to have people at your back.

Band of Bastards for instance could have been a lot more interesting if you had your own band fighting alongside Sir Kuno’s for the final fight. If you had your own men with their own gear it would fundamentally change that final confrontation for the better.

Hopefully like they listened to the communities desire for a better Houndskull Bascinet in band of bastards they’ll springboard off the DLC into hireable companions for any future games.

1 Like

The way I like to play this game as well as other games that create “immersion” - it needs much more lifelike NPC AI. It’s not as noticeable if you take a quest-oriented approach to the game, but generally I don’t any more.

For me a nice evening of play might be waking up in the inn east of Rattay, sitting down and eating some bread at the dice table while the sun rises and the ale house maids start opening up the kitchen, then down to the training yard to do some vitality-raising calisthenics until Bernard arrives for a morning workout; then into town to crush the archery contest for a couple thousand groshen until the range closes, then back up to the inn for some dinner, ale, and dice.

Of course i still do non-routine quests or trips, like I’ll set off one morning once I’ve saved enough to buy a horse and make my way up to Neuhof to look at a horse, but that’s a dangerous journey and I plan a whole day for it.

The point is, I like the world more because I feel like I am really living in it, not just rushing through it completing objectives. And to some extent, the game accommodates me. One nice touch I noticed when I started evening exercises at the training grounds east of Rattay is that other NPCs sometimes just randomly come up to watch the sunset at that spot, presumably for the same reason I do - it’s a great spot to watch the sunset.

But what starts to feel like a gap in this experience is the complete obliviousness of the NPCs to this pattern of behavior. I’ve spent the last three months absolutely crushing the archery contest dozens of times a day, and no one even comments on it? You’d think Huntsman Berthold or the bailiff might say something in passing after a while. But no, they just show up, hour after hour, day after day, shoot their arrows, hand over their money, and leave, dumb as rocks.

What would be really awesome would just be random small talk from an NPC that would pass the Turing test. Like just once in a while an NPC that decided to pay close attention to what Henry is doing and comment on it. Or even start a conversation that would make me wonder if some developer had hacked into my system and just started chatting, ad-hoc, with Henry. To me this would be amazing.

Of course I suspect this would be groundbreaking and not the sort of thing to do part way. It has to really work or the results might be bad enough you’d wish everyone went back to being dumb and just leave that part of the experience to the imagination. But since this thread is about wishes, I figured what the heck.

1 Like

Story and setting i haven’t got much input as im confident darkhorse will provide deliverance on this front. All i really want in a second coming would be jousting added to tourneys and i’ll be happy.

Thumbs up for marrying Teresa! And for them living in Pribyslavitz. Other wish list items: perhaps for the Skalitz priest to move to Priby, to see Johanka and Matthias marry in Sassau and move to Priby, Johanka to become the herb woman/alchemist maintaining that part of the Rathaus, Matthias to become the greatly needed tailor there. Priby iteslf needs the other Bridge repaired, and a bathhouse area behind the Inn and on the stream. The Inn needs some rentable rooms up top our out back. The woodcutters camp needs to be positioned up in the woods behind the rathaus, with that space used for a butcher and furthest downstream a tanner. And Priby needs a jail cell.

I’m of the same mind exactly, KCD is probably first game that I played that provides scope for such total immersion well.

I’d expand on this even more with things such as:

• maintenance for your horse (I think it was mentioned before), horse was a huge investment in terms of time and effort to keep it alive and in good condition. I’d love option of having this realistically represented in the game
  • maintenance of your armor, I don’t mean repairing after fight, but ongoing effort to keep it in good condition. Again, armor would require huge amount of effort, traveling in the rain would be a killer, you’d need to sand the rust of it for a whole day (and being lowborn you don’t have a page to take care of that), hence it would be extremely unusual for anyone to travel fully clad. It takes time to put armor on, and it’s a bloody hard work etc. this could be represented in a game too. If you choose to travel in full armor all the time, you will get tired, it will rust away etc, Traveling in normal clothes would be easier, but if you did get into an ambush, you’d be properly screwed. If you knew a fight is brewing, you’d need time to prepare, dress up etc.
  • I love mini-games for alchemy, sword sharpening, I’d love to see similar for general maintenance, not just a skill level. You want to fix your gear, it will take skills and time, not just a click to apply in your inventory. Thus, if you’re in a hurry, you need to spend money to fix it at the trader/artisan.
    All these will mean that traveling anywhere for longer would actually be quite an effort, just as it should be. It needs preparation, time and money. It adds value to inns on the way, as you a rainstorm will stop you from traveling, and you want a warm place to wait it out.
    I know for many this is a grind, but there is a lot of hard core role-players that I think would love this kind of stuff.

Also, more presence of a ritual and church in every day life. Religion was a mainstay than, people didn’t have modern perceptions of time, they lived by the church bells, and following daily, weekly or seasonal routine was very important. So if we have weekly tourneys, we could have weekly Sunday mass and other regular religious events or festivities. What opportunity for a stealthy rouge character to go on a rampage whilst everyone’s in the church. Just adds to NPC lifelike immersion.

1 Like

I love playing KCD2 but i feel if we have Multiplayer mode, that addition will add a great value. Overall KCD2 is perfect for many reasons

Hmh, not sure I’d even want Multiplayer, but I see why many would like that.

My personal account to that:

• Better Weather (not the effects, but it felt it was raining daily :smiley:)!
  • Actually a better way to use the combos or in General a more enhanced fighting system. Not saying fights should have been easier, but it often felt clumsy.
  • A bit more open environment. I’d liked to be playing a “bad” henry living in the woods plying on traders or similar, being an outcast by society. There are a lot creative ways to open up the environment even more, and focus less on the “main” mission if I choose not to. Within that, ofc, creating your own camps.
  • Companions / building a Party would have been fun. That said, like having companions in a certain degree and being able to make shield walls with different tactical options (boars snout etc.) would have been incredible. Not talking about hundreds of companions, but maybe like 5-10, and in general having bigger fights.
1 Like

I really want to play this game but every time I launch it, it gives me a bad time. Not because of gameplay, because of f… bugs all over.

Springboarding off your idea of more in depth maintenance It would be interesting if like in D&D it took actual time to don armor. At least a 15-30 minute timeskip to suit up in armor as someone who’s done so IRL. Perk to make this process take less time but never be instantaneous. It’d also be good to make it take significantly longer alone in a game with companions. It is possible to put on a suit of armor by yourself, but anyone who’s done it knows tieing your own pauldrons and arms on is extremely tedious. A debuff for “ill fitted” if you do it yourself and a buff for “one man army” lowering the time/removing that debuff would be Great. Real in depth, make it so you have to put it on in the right order too. Can’t swap leg armor without taking off your breastplate, can’t wear any plate armor unless you’re wearing a pourpont. Heavy jacks not being wearable under plate. mail skirts and mail voiders being a thing and the only maille equippable above an arming garment, etc. etc. for some added realism.

Armor should also be a lot LOT rarer and heinously expensive, with Sir Radzig/liege lords being the source for most gear through early-midgame. It should also be on loan, not yours meaning keeping it in poor repair, rusty, or selling it should have significant consequences to reputation. Plate should also be near impervious to anything but maces and polearms to justify it’s incredible expense.Pretty much no unnamed characters should be rocking full plate. Garrisons and an urban militia from rattay should be the only people with any plate. Urban militia (armorers guild, butchers guild, etc. etc.) should be the only people besides lords with potential for full plate armor as mandated by various laws. That could add a lot of depth to future games, utilizing the urban militias and guild militia system. Imagine going through a battle and finding out the butcher you had 93 relation with died in combat and now his wife hates you.

Which bugs? Do you have the newest version? There are basically no bugs anymore or very rare. If you have some sirious bugs, reinstall the game and make sure you have the latest version installed.

1 Like